New Profile Posts

1. wokeupnew
    wokeupnew
    My Fitbit thinks I did 7,000 steps from using my spin clean. I’ll take it!
    1. Juiceless likes this.
    2. Bradley
      Bradley
      So Spin Cleaning counts as exercise now? Shit lemme break mine out!
      Feb 24, 2018 at 8:33 PM
  2. Clay Conder
    Clay Conder
    Lady is working late and I have no plans, So I’m getting drunk and listening to records by myself. First up, Betty Davis.
    1. Juiceless, Enaz Fox and Nathaniel D. like this.
    2. Juiceless
      Juiceless
      Those are great nights!
      Feb 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM
      Clay Conder likes this.
  3. Clay Conder
    Clay Conder
    Lol @ Kim and Kanye being on Family Fued. Can’t wait to watch this.
  4. Antsman41
    Antsman41
    ...finally found Angst In My Pants in the wild, woohoo. #Sparks
    1. mcherry
      mcherry
      Yay!!
      Feb 24, 2018 at 4:15 PM
  5. wooha
    wooha
    New Nicolas Jaar album released under the alias A.A.L. (Against All Logic) - mostly funk/soul samples. So good! On the streaming services.
    1. Juiceless and this_unfolds like this.
  6. bdm105
    bdm105
    First album in the "Just arrived/to listen to" now spinning. Billy Joel "The Stranger" MoFi
    1. HiFi Guy
      HiFi Guy
      And???
      Feb 24, 2018 at 8:05 PM
    2. bdm105
      bdm105
      It's amazing. Might be the best sounding record I own (haven't listened to MoFi Bitches Brew yet). It was almost like listening for the first time. Worth the price with the 20% discount.
      Feb 24, 2018 at 8:25 PM
  7. AnthonyI
    AnthonyI
    Black Panther lived up to the hype, great movie :)
  8. AnalogueAnomaly
    AnalogueAnomaly
    More Carpenter Brut 'Leather Teeth' out now ;-)
    1. Enaz Fox and Eric like this.
  9. AnalogueAnomaly
    AnalogueAnomaly
    More El Perro Del Mar - don't mind if I do!
    1. GritNGlitter and Enaz Fox like this.
  10. geistvox
    geistvox
    Turntable Kitchen announced a SXSW show including Gothic Tropic and Haley Heynderickx. Your move, VMP.
  11. RoxCity
    RoxCity
    Flying home for the SO's birthday. Vinyl diet for at least a month...... eh who am I kidding
  12. hokeydokey
    hokeydokey
    So, George Harrison actually plays the solo on Belinda Carlisle "leave a light on" Live and learn.
    1. Nathaniel D. likes this.
  13. Vebberim
    Vebberim
    Whoever in the office put the best two RHH selections for Swaptions... I love you.
  14. Tillman
    Tillman
    to those who received their "Heroes" from Amazon recently, do you have any surface noise on Side B...particularly during "Sense of Doubt"?
    1. JonnyH likes this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. Tillman
      Tillman
      just put in for a replacement myself.. hopefully we end up with better copies!! probably will try to hang on to the original so I can A/B before sending back in case the replacement is worse.
      Feb 24, 2018 at 1:42 PM
      mcherry likes this.
    4. Tillman
      Tillman
      looks like it will take a little bit for the replacement to show up, somewhere during the first week of March. luckily still leaves me plenty of time before I need to return my current copy, so I will A/B and keep the better of the two.
      Feb 24, 2018 at 2:20 PM
      mcherry likes this.
    5. mcherry
      mcherry
      Same for me and same on the A/B listening.
      Feb 24, 2018 at 2:30 PM
      Tillman likes this.
  15. Aron
    Aron
    I hate to say it, but, I have mixed feelings about that St. Vincent show I just witnessed. Was hoping to hear the new songs with a live band
    1. View previous comments...
    2. mcherry
      mcherry
      I had serious misgivings before seeing her. I had heard such great things about her concerts and wanted to experience what I had heard about. But she blew me away. The performative aspect is what got me. It wasn’t just a concert, she was performing a role. I really dug that kind of daring. So, I still want to see her with a live band but this will do for now.
      Feb 24, 2018 at 8:08 AM
      wooha and Aron like this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      I saw her at the same venue with a full band in support of "Strange Mercy". Fantastic show. So, I have that comparison in my head. I do agree with @Tillman that, for this record, this performance and setup was probably the way for her to go. But the dynamic of other musicians definitely pushes her shows to another level.
      Feb 24, 2018 at 8:18 AM
      kvetcha and mcherry like this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
      As I originally said, it's mixed feelings. That minimalist version of 'Cheerleader' was terrific, & it was nice to hear 2 songs from her first record. I hadn't heard those live in a while. "Los Ageless" had the crowd in a frenzy. Most of the new album worked really well.
      Feb 24, 2018 at 8:50 AM
      mcherry likes this.
  16. RoxCity
    RoxCity
    Debating flying home for my SO's birthday today...... this could get costly
    1. JonnyH, Enaz Fox and Nathaniel D. like this.
  17. JonnyH
    JonnyH
    1. EmeryRK and Enaz Fox like this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. JonnyH
      JonnyH
      It’ll update with the playlist tomorrow, cause I just realized I apparently entered the wrong date, and well, computers. I’ll link you once it’s up!
      Feb 23, 2018 at 11:18 PM
      Yer Ol' Uncle D likes this.
    4. Yer Ol' Uncle D
      Yer Ol' Uncle D
      Right on. Fun show. Thanks for driving the radio.
      Feb 23, 2018 at 11:25 PM
      JonnyH likes this.
    5. JonnyH
  18. Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Yer Ol' Uncle D
    "When I started workin' with Muddy, that convinced me that I could get away with doin' the blues." - Johnny Winter, born this day in 1944
    1. Psymon and Nathaniel D. like this.
  19. notgabewhite
    notgabewhite
    on a vinyl diet until the march store opens. wish me luck.
    1. Yer Ol' Uncle D
      Yer Ol' Uncle D
      Here's hoping you have a potent John The Conqueror root, a potent black cat bone and a strong mojo hand.
      Feb 23, 2018 at 11:44 PM
    2. bfly
      bfly
      I've had to mute the pre-order and deals threads because I have no self control, good luck!
      Feb 24, 2018 at 8:42 AM
      twentytwo, notgabewhite and nasa_life like this.
  20. duke86fan
    duke86fan
    i thought this US girls album would be much more vindictive and angry than it actually is.. this is pretty good
    1. wokeupnew likes this.