1. Starting at 8AM (Mountain) on Saturday, October 21st, we'll be taking the site down for a few minutes to perform an upgrade. We'll make it quick ;)
akhliber
Last Activity:
Oct 21, 2017 at 4:54 PM
Birthday:
Mar 28, 1977 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

akhliber

Well-Known Member, Male, 40

Just noticed Penguin Cafe, Ólafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm albums in VMP store... I can't recommend these albums enough. ♥ Oct 12, 2017

akhliber was last seen:
Oct 21, 2017 at 4:54 PM
    1. akhliber
      akhliber
      Just noticed Penguin Cafe, Ólafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm albums in VMP store... I can't recommend these albums enough. ♥
      1. nolady and green.bean like this.
    2. akhliber
      akhliber
      VMP shipment should be today, including Remain in Light. In the mean time, the new LCD Soundsystem is an amazing Talking Heads album. ;)
      1. nolady and Woob_woob like this.
      2. nolady
        nolady
        Just got my shipment in and Remain in Light is next after Moses.
        Oct 12, 2017
    3. akhliber
      akhliber
      Gah, had a SNES Classic in my cart at Gamestop, but already out of stock by checkout. *EDIT* AT LAST!
      1. deltadon and bohnjaggs like this.
    4. akhliber
      akhliber
      This new Auburn Lull album is freakin' amazing.
    5. akhliber
      akhliber
      So very pleased to see that Acetone album in the VMP store. If you're not familiar, do yourself a favor and give them a listen.
    6. akhliber
      akhliber
      Sarge was totally getting down on some Mousercise, then Eno remasters arrived in the post. Sorry for the sudden change of pace, buddy.
    7. akhliber
      akhliber
      Got a new FiiO DAP and love it, but trying to find a good pair of IEM's when audio isolation makes you claustrophobic is quite the task.
      1. Gatorjim
        Jul 13, 2017
      2. Corycm
        Corycm
        I have no idea how to get around that one. The way (good) IEMs seal up, isolation is sorta the point. Consider a good pair of open-back over-ears?
        Jul 13, 2017
        akhliber likes this.
      3. akhliber
        akhliber
        @Corycm Thanks! I've never been a fan of in-ears at all really, and I've got some beyerdynamic DT880's that I adore, but I feel a bit silly wearing them on walks with the dog. I'm looking at the Westone "AM Pro" series, which allow ambient noise, but they're quite expensive.
        Jul 13, 2017
    8. akhliber
      akhliber
      DYAN's "Looking for Knives" LP, cheap canned beer, Mass Effect comics and Pupper cuddles. Lazy afternoons are the best thing.
      1. GritNGlitter and teee like this.
      2. teee
        teee
        Sarge says hi to Sarge!
        May 26, 2017
        akhliber likes this.
    9. akhliber
      akhliber
      Holy crap, Sounds Delicious and Numero deliveries today, both a surprise. So much for plans and life and stuff.
      1. Corycm and teee like this.
    10. Aredell Roundtree II
      Aredell Roundtree II
      Were you offering up a Blessed Feathers? Or is that an error? Or was it claimed?
    11. akhliber
      akhliber
      Cleaning along to Shipping News. They're no Shipping Notice, but they'll have to do for now.
      1. Phillip J Phry, GritNGlitter and teee like this.
    12. akhliber
      akhliber
      I love putting Pink Floyd's "Meddle" on the TT and just waiting to see Sarge perk up when "Seamus" starts. WHERE IS HECKIN' MYSTERY DOGGO
    13. akhliber
      akhliber
      Lost doggo we found yesterday morning has now been reunited with his mama. Sarge and I already miss him, but owner agreed on playdates! Yay
      1. HiFi Guy, mcherry, teee and 1 other person like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. teee
        teee
        As someone who lost their dog more than once, thank you for being kind enough to stop and rescue!
        May 3, 2017
        akhliber likes this.
      4. akhliber
        akhliber
        @teee74 I can only hope someone would do the same for Sarge if he ever got lost, and I can assure you he wouldn't be half as well behaved as Hooey was for us. It was a delight more than a kindness, tbh. I'm the selfish type. :)
        May 3, 2017
        teee likes this.
      5. teee
        teee
        I've rescued several dogs and yes, wanted to keep most of them. :) And I am so thankful that people have rescued my silly hound Rooster.
        May 3, 2017
        akhliber likes this.
    14. akhliber
      akhliber
      Looking for help with some RSD releases (mainly Luna, Pink Floyd) as I need to take my dog to the vet. I'll gladly paypal you. PM me pls :)
    15. akhliber
      akhliber
      Excited to finally have a Spin Clean. Not at all excited about how my arms feel after just 25 records or so. This... may take some time.
      1. Migraine Boy and mcherry like this.
      3. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        At my age it truly is a show. I was at a shop a few weeks ago and they had about 10 crates shoved underneath the lowest shelf. After watching me wallow around on the floor a bit the guy felt so bad he went in the back and got me a chair.
        Jan 19, 2017
      4. mcherry
        mcherry
        A few months back I was digging through the soundtrack bins which were on the floor. At least 6 of them and deep. When I was done and tried to stand up my knees weren't having it and I nearly fell. Getting old sucks.
        Jan 19, 2017
      5. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Oh my, you young 'uns have no idea.
        Jan 19, 2017
        akhliber and mcherry like this.
    16. akhliber
      akhliber
      Secret 7"! Woot!
      1. Vebberim and Gatorjim like this.
    17. akhliber
      akhliber
      Upside: medical marijuana passed here. Downside: I'm going to need a much higher dose than I'd thought.
      1. BeerCanChicken
        BeerCanChicken
        Downside 2: the new Prez could choose to enforce federal law which supersedes State law...
        Nov 9, 2016
      2. akhliber
        akhliber
        @BeerCanChicken that's pretty much what I'm expecting to happen, to be honest. I'm hopeful it won't, but stuck in "accept the best, expect the worst" mode after all of this mess.
        Nov 9, 2016
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        It's a slippery slope. Even for O'bama it was. Trump supports legal medical marijuana and has said the recreational pot is up to the state. We'll just have to wait and see. He seems to be a states rights guy at least.
        Nov 9, 2016
        akhliber likes this.
    18. akhliber
      akhliber
      So many Late Night Tales hit my doorstep at once... I'm going to be sleepy-happy for weeks.
      1. BenMal, Kima, Vebberim and 1 other person like this.
    19. akhliber
      akhliber
      My VMP package arrived! I'd forgotten half of what I ordered, so this feels like Christmas!
      1. Corycm
        Corycm
        I just had to look up what I ordered last night!
        Jun 10, 2016
        akhliber likes this.
      2. akhliber
        akhliber
        I almost did the same, but decided to just be surprised. :)
        Jun 10, 2016
        Corycm likes this.
    20. akhliber
      akhliber
      My pup is finally learning the art of loose leash walking! Maybe I'll get to keep some connective tissue in my shoulders intact after all!
      1. Vebberim and teee like this.
      3. akhliber
        akhliber
        I'll have to find the thread, even just to lurk! I've still only dipped my toes into the forums for some reason... baby steps, haha. I'll find that one today though, as it will make for perfect viewing while I enjoy coffee during his nap. I'll also try to find a recent pic of him.
        Jun 9, 2016
        teee likes this.
      4. akhliber
        akhliber
        We started right off the bat with kennel training and bite restraint (he was a curious chewer, but no aggression whatsoever) and he's become a model student with some of the training basics, but once distractions are introduced, it's all out the window... he's just over a year old now, and finally outgrowing the puppy phase enough to begin learning and listening while outside around things happening.
        Jun 9, 2016
        teee likes this.
      5. akhliber
        akhliber
        I just went to post a pic in the animal thread and saw that your dog is named Sarge too! Love it! :)
        Jun 9, 2016
        teee likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 28, 1977 (Age: 40)
    A chimp with a weakness for sensory input.