Andrewlr
Last Activity:
Jul 23, 2017 at 8:12 PM
Birthday:
Jan 14, 1996 (Age: 21)

Share This Page

Andrewlr

Well-Known Member, Male, 21

Really hope the new Vic Mensa gets a vinyl release. Been following him and waiting for this debut for a long time now Jul 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM

Andrewlr was last seen:
Jul 23, 2017 at 8:12 PM
    1. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Really hope the new Vic Mensa gets a vinyl release. Been following him and waiting for this debut for a long time now
      1. The_Stoned_Ape
        The_Stoned_Ape
        You see it's streaming on NPR? I haven't been a huge fan of his, but I really enjoyed it.
        Jul 20, 2017 at 11:17 PM
      2. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Yup, I gave it a couple listens today. Had a lot of really strong moments IMO, seemed like a good blend of all the different styles he has sampled
        Jul 20, 2017 at 11:40 PM
        nasa_life and The_Stoned_Ape like this.
    2. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Started reading Stephen King recently. Loved both, but so far would put IT over The Stand. Just started Salem's lot as well
      1. Taylor, gouis and DrainedPatience like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        My dad just bought the dark tower series so they're not far off! Pet Cemetary and Shining are also on the soon list
        Jul 20, 2017 at 3:39 PM
        Eric and TheGun like this.
      4. TheGun
        TheGun
        If you like The Shining and Salem's lot, Carrie and probably Misery would be good options too. The Dark Tower is incredible, but its a bit different, and a pretty big commitment.
        Jul 20, 2017 at 3:45 PM
      5. Kima
        Kima
        Also to warn, I actually hated the first Dark Tower book, but so glad I kept reading the others.on the last book now
        Jul 20, 2017 at 5:13 PM
        TheGun likes this.
    3. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      On the whole, the garage sale didn't really blow me away but... I'll take pretty much any Late Night Tales album for $11! Excited to spin it
      1. lee newman and Corycm like this.
    4. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      King Giz needs to release a subscription service so that I can automatically get the vinyl at less than full price
      1. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Best idea of the day
        Jul 18, 2017 at 3:12 PM
    5. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds blew my damn mind last night. Incredible
      1. AnthonyI, teee74, evanbenner and 5 others like this.
      3. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Safe bet. Been lucky to see some great musicians over the years, old legends and innovators. Nick is both!!
        Jun 25, 2017
        Corycm likes this.
      4. indiemisanthrope
        indiemisanthrope
        I'm so bummed that I couldn't make any of these summer dates work.
        Jun 25, 2017
        Andrewlr likes this.
      5. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Happens. I'm away from town when QOTSA is near me (at a festival but still...), and they haven't announced anything else within a 8 hour drive so :/. But the Bad Seeds are a definite priority for me now any time they come close to town!
        Jun 25, 2017
        indiemisanthrope likes this.
    6. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Was beyond hype to see Nick Cave tonight, and then I found out Cat Power is opening for him! Even better
    7. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      I didn't expect this, but I'm fairly blown away by Melodrama
      1. Jkeech, GritNGlitter and wooha like this.
      2. wooha
        wooha
        Same feels
        Jun 18, 2017
      3. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        I like thing
        Jun 18, 2017
      4. duke86fan
        duke86fan
        it is gud
        Jun 18, 2017
    8. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Making a top 50 chart is hard. Feel like I'm insulting all the albums I leave off
    9. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      So nothing has come yet from that QOTSA teaser a couple months back huh :(
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Any specific reason for August 25 rather than June or July? Honestly I'll still be happy if you're right
        Jun 1, 2017
      3. Mitchell
        Mitchell
        You think annouced on 8/25 or released? I'd be so annnoyed if it takes them four months for just an update lol.
        Jun 1, 2017
      4. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        If the TWENTYFIVE is a date and something is being released it has to be 8/25 as music and movies are always released on Friday and 8/25 is the only 25 Friday of 2017. But as the date gets closer I feel like it's not a release but an announce on 8/25 with the release happening later in the year. JHo likes to build hype, he's not likely to just drop an album (or whatever) unannounced
        Jun 1, 2017
    10. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      CLPPNG is a super underrated album. Critics didn't seem to care for it, bu alternative hip-hop fans love it (at least from my experience)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Story 2 is tight. I still love Body and Blood the most, maybe because it's the first song of their I heard, or maybe because it's so damn catchy for a disturbing song with a dentist drill sample
        May 29, 2017
        High Rant District and Eric like this.
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        It has a couple of misses but it also has a ton of AMAZING songs on it. Daveed Diggs is a spitter, that's for sure
        May 29, 2017
        High Rant District likes this.
      4. duke86fan
        duke86fan
        i think i couldn't get into their last album because of all the scifi stuff.. it wasn't as noisy or accessible as CLPPNG, and though i dont really love their debut, i do feel like its a great into album into noise rap before going strait into death grips or even yeezus
        May 29, 2017
        High Rant District likes this.
    11. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      S/O to Amazon Warehouse deals. This copy of AMSP came in mint condition and may be the best sounding record I own. Crazy sound quality!!!
      1. plansawry and Vebberim like this.
    12. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      For those interested in my non-vinyl life, the write up/video from my last fight are up https://goo.gl/purOxK
    13. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      98% of fighting is waiting. Weighed in no problem, still have 10 hours of doing nothing until competition
      1. nolady, HiFi Guy and Enaz Fox like this.
      2. nolady
        nolady
        Good luck!
        May 20, 2017
        Andrewlr likes this.
      3. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        How'd the fight go!?
        May 22, 2017
      4. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Not ideally, first amateur loss. Fought the number 3 guy in California, won the first round, got caught in the second. Don't remember that bit so hard to give better details lol. Have to heal up now, but hoping to compete again like September
        May 22, 2017
        Enaz Fox likes this.
    14. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      I fight on Saturday (3 hours away) and am driving to SoCal (6 more) right after. Album suggestions to add to my offline??
    15. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Kozelek has released like 4 hours of music this year and it's not even June
      1. elbeat, wokeupnew and Santi Chacin like this.
    16. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      After many listens... Leaving LA is a perfect centerpiece. PC as a whole is great. Can't top Honeybear (nearly impossible) but still love it
    17. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Obviously Demon Days was the most anticipated VMP release, but is Fiona the second? Seems that way to me!
      1. AndySlash
        AndySlash
        at the very least, they've consistently been among the top requests of regular forum users since the forums inception in 2015.
        Apr 20, 2017
        Andrewlr likes this.
    18. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Just got a notice from Bullmoose that the Bowie No Plan EP is going out soon. Completely forgot I ordered it!
      1. Major Tom, Corycm and nolady like this.
    19. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Noticing a trend among mom's records, Psychedelic furs and Depeche Mode compilations are also 55-60 min long on 1LP. Just a late 80s thing?
      1. lee newman, Gatorjim and teee74 like this.
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Proper LP's. Fifty to fifty-two minutes is more normal. Fifty-five to sixty minutes is a compressed groove.
        Apr 18, 2017
        lee newman and mcherry like this.
      4. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Anything below like 46 minutes being split into 2 LPs does drive me crazy! At least make it 45 or something. These two were a little fuzzy but not unbearable. Yesterday's Disintegration still sounded amazing
        Apr 18, 2017
        lee newman and teee74 like this.
      5. Corycm
        Corycm
        The late 80s were bad news for pressings. Cheap, recycled, thin vinyl. Trying to fit cassette or CD-length runs on a record. Ugh. (Also you anti 2xLP people are gonna make me go all format ranty.)
        Apr 18, 2017
    20. Andrewlr
      Andrewlr
      Finally got to my Mom's records in the listen pile. I think Disintegration has replaced Enter the Wu Tang as my longest single LP
      1. teee74 likes this.
      3. mcherry
        mcherry
        Last Dance and Homesick are bonus tracks so the original LP didn't have them and I don't know how but still managed to fit an hour on one LP and still make it sound amazing.
        Apr 17, 2017
        kickerofelves likes this.
      4. Corycm
        Corycm
        Your mom has pretty good taste and also I'm feeling old.
        Apr 17, 2017
        Andrewlr, GritNGlitter and mcherry like this.
      5. The_Stoned_Ape
        The_Stoned_Ape
        Y'all need to get Kamasi's 'The Epic' - 3 LP's at just shy of 3 hours total.
        Apr 17, 2017
        Andrewlr and mcherry like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 14, 1996 (Age: 21)
    I'm an amateur MMA fighter representing Team Alpha Male and writer for MMAmania.com.

Check out my work!

Signature