Aron
Last Activity:
Apr 26, 2018 at 3:20 PM
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

Been experiencing an abnormal amount of Olivia Newton-John related musical moments over the past week. Apr 26, 2018 at 8:55 AM

Aron was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Apr 26, 2018 at 3:20 PM
    1. Aron
      Aron
      Been experiencing an abnormal amount of Olivia Newton-John related musical moments over the past week.
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      2. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        That sucks
        Apr 26, 2018 at 10:00 AM
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Actually, it hasn't. That new Olivia Newton-John covers album by Juliana Hatfield is surprisingly good. Then I revisited Goldfrapp's "Head First" album, which is a fun take on that 80's pop sound a la 'Physical'. And then Newton-John's 'Twist of Fate' popped up in season 1 of Stranger Things, which I just finished watching.
        Apr 26, 2018 at 10:05 AM
        GritNGlitter likes this.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Goldfrapp's "Black Cherry" had an anniversary this week. Great record, but I think I still give "Supernature" the edge.
      1. Kris likes this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      Saw that Austin City Limits has upcoming tapings for John Prine on 6/5 & Kacey Musgraves on 6/6. Hopefully there will be live feeds for both
      1. Kris, mcherry and Nathaniel D. like this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
      It's Cat Power music weather outside.
      1. EmeryRK and GritNGlitter like this.
    5. Aron
      Aron
      The Replacements are sounding awful good this afternoon.
      1. AndySlash
        AndySlash
        and nobody does awful as good as the replacements.
        Apr 20, 2018 at 3:43 PM
        Aron likes this.
    6. Aron
    7. Aron
      Aron
      Jason Isbell tickets for August secured. Kinda feel like I should just head home for the day. My work here is clearly done.
      1. Nathaniel D., GritNGlitter and Corycm like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Is it a good venue? I paid more than I normally would, but, Bass Concert Hall is a great place to see a performance. Every performance I've ever seen there was memorable. Kraftwerk, Jenny Lewis / Tune Yards / Shakey Graves, St. Vincent & David Byrne, David Sedaris, and Jerry Seinfeld to name a few.
        Apr 20, 2018 at 9:48 AM
        GritNGlitter likes this.
      4. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        It's an ampitheater and we'll just be on the lawn. I'm expecting it's fine, not amazing, and tickets are expensive by my standards, but it's a Friday night and Aimee Mann is opening, so I think it'll still be worth it for an end-of-summer date night.
        Apr 20, 2018 at 11:08 AM
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Oooh, Aimee Mann opening would be a clincher for me. We're getting the new Will Johnson project, Marie/Lepanto, as our opener here. I was satisfied with that, but, I would have been over the moon if were Aimee Mann opening.
        Apr 20, 2018 at 11:11 AM
        GritNGlitter likes this.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Going to bed with Leonard Cohen's 'Everybody Knows' swirling around in my head thanks to a late night re-watch of "The King of Kong" doc.
      1. Mr Moore
        Mr Moore
        And now I want to watch "Pump Up the Volume" again.
        Apr 17, 2018
        mcherry and Aron like this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit at Bass Concert Hall on the UT campus in August. Yeah, I'm in. Love seeing shows there. Great sound & setting.
      1. bfly and GritNGlitter like this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Interested to see this St. Vincent Coachella performance. It is being billed as a new show for her beyond the solo show she has been doing.
      1. mcherry, bohnjaggs, bfly and 2 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Already enjoying this set more than the solo one I actually saw live a few months back. The full band makes such a big difference for me.
        Apr 13, 2018
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Oooh, I really like that new version of 'Slow Disco'. More 'Disco' and less 'Slow'. The other version is great too, but it is cool to see a different take on the song that takes it to different places.
        Apr 13, 2018
        bfly, Nathaniel D. and wooha like this.
      5. wooha
        wooha
        Definitely very different than her solo show. Good shit
        Apr 13, 2018
        Aron likes this.
    11. Aron
      Aron
      This "Alternative Gems: 2000" Apple Music Playlist is exactly what I needed today.
      1. Aron
        Aron
        PJ Harvey, Badly Drawn Boy, Goldfrapp, Dandy Warhols, Modest Mouse, Ladytron, Grandaddy, The Cure, The White Stripes, Broadcast, Doves...yeah, this is all the stuff I was listening to that year. Simpler times.
        Apr 13, 2018
    12. Aron
      Aron
      Hey, @Kris, looks like John Prine is going to be on Colbert tonight, and he'll have Sturgill Simpson and Brandi Carlile joining him.
      1. Nathaniel D., bfly, Corycm and 2 others like this.
      2. Wolfman Jack
        Wolfman Jack
        SAY WORD!!!????? that softens the sting, just a tad, of the new LP being delayed instead of this friday's release date.
        Apr 12, 2018
        Nathaniel D., Aron and bfly like this.
      3. bfly
        bfly
        mm mm scheduling this to record stat
        Apr 12, 2018
        Nathaniel D. and Aron like this.
      4. Crenshaw Blvd
        Crenshaw Blvd
        Hopefully Colbert doesn't get up and try to perform with him. I hate when he does that.
        Apr 12, 2018
    13. Aron
      Aron
      Reminder for Brandi Carlile fans, her Austin City Limits episode taping is happening tonight at 8:00 CDT. Stream link in next post.
      1. Aron
      2. Kris
        Kris
        Thanks for the reminder!
        Apr 10, 2018
        Aron likes this.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Incredible day of new tracks. Janelle Monae, Neko Case, Kamasi Washington and Chvrches all in one day.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      Had to walk a younger co-worker through the whole 'Ode to Billy Joe' legend this morning. Feel like my work is already complete for the day.
      1. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Any day spreading the gospel of Bobbie Gentry is a good day.
        Apr 5, 2018
        Aron likes this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Excited to dive into the 10 Best Vocal Jazz Albums To Own on Vinyl blog entry. Looks like a good one @mcherry. Sarah Vaughan!
      1. Kris, mcherry and Nathaniel D. like this.
      2. Aron
      3. Aron
        Aron
        @mcherry Lemme know if I need to switch to a different link, or if you have a different one you want to post, I can delete that Twitter one above.
        Apr 5, 2018
      4. mcherry
        mcherry
        Just edit the characters back to the end of the word “vinyl” - should work
        Apr 5, 2018
        Aron likes this.
    17. Aron
      Aron
      Watching this new MLK documentary on HBO, and I'm reminded again what an amazing life Harry Belafonte has lived.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Siouxsie and the Banshees' 'Dazzle' still sounds so fresh. That song was released 30-something years ago, but it has held up really well.
      1. mcherry likes this.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Went to a festival earlier & apparently it's socially acceptable for grown ass adults (w/no kids) to spring for face painting for themselves
      1. The_Stoned_Ape likes this.
      2. The_Stoned_Ape
        The_Stoned_Ape
        Dude I know...I went out to a festival a month ago (first one I've been too in a while) and was really surprised at the amount of business the face painters were getting.

On that same note I sold more gum, sour patch kids, and candy then I ever would have imagined. All them kids rollin lookin for something sweet to chew on.
        Mar 31, 2018
        Aron likes this.
      3. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        So, you saying you got a face painting?
        Mar 31, 2018
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Nah. Just saw more than one couple where both parties were sporting full face painting on both sides of their faces. I don't recall seeing that before. Although, I don't go to many festivals anymore.
        Mar 31, 2018
    20. Aron
      Aron
      Realized earlier that, outside of the words appearing in the title, I only know about 17% of the lyrics for The Clash's 'Rudie Can't Fail'.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Is he really singing, "You think you're pretty hot, in your chicken skin suit"? Cuz that's what I always sing in that one part. I love the song, but, what in the world is it about?
        Mar 30, 2018
      3. Juiceless
        Juiceless
        Nope, he sure isn't. No idea which part of the song you're even hearing that!
        Mar 30, 2018
      4. Aron
        Aron
        It's either hot, smart or tough, but the chicken skin suit part is most definitely there. A quick search on some lyrics sites, and the consensus seems to be "smart".
        Mar 30, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly