Aron
Last Activity:
Jun 22, 2017 at 10:53 PM
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

"Free The Bees" is still one of my favorite albums to listen to once Summer rolls around. Jun 12, 2017

Aron was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:53 PM
    1. Aron
      Aron
      "Free The Bees" is still one of my favorite albums to listen to once Summer rolls around.
      1. mcherry
        mcherry
        Yes!!!
        Jun 12, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      2. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        'Sunshine Hit Me' is good too, Os Mutantes translated cover!
        Jun 12, 2017
        mcherry likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I really like "Octopus" too.
        Jun 12, 2017
        mcherry likes this.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Listening to a comp of The Best Of The Blue Thumb Recordings from The Pointer Sisters. This is pre-80s stuff, and it is funky as hell.
      1. teee74 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. nolady
        nolady
        I have their S/T album where the collaborated with Allen Toussiant. It is an amazing and funky album.
        Jun 9, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        This comp has some of those tunes. They led off the comp, and now I've hit this patch of jazzy songs, which I never really knew they did.
        Jun 9, 2017
        nolady likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        The synthy rhythm in the middle of 'Love In Them There Hills' sound similar to the sounds William Onyeabor was coming up with.
        Jun 9, 2017
        nolady likes this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      While waiting for my car earlier at the dealership, I caught a great Muzak sequence of 'Thriller' into 'What's Going On' into 'Superstition'
      1. mcherry likes this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
      I want to be the one who creates the "Essentials" playlists for Apple Music. They do a good job, but I'm certain I could do better. Hire me.
    5. Aron
      Aron
      I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite live/in studio performance of 'Jackpot' by Nikki Lane. Solo...full band...duo...it always works.
      1. Kris and Benjamin Dashley like this.
    6. Aron
      Aron
      Another great new pre-released track from the upcoming Waxahatchee album. Based on the few tunes I've heard, this one will rank high for me.
      1. GritNGlitter and Woob_woob like this.
    7. Aron
      Aron
      I avoided diving into Rihanna's "Anti" because I thought that 'Work' was a terribly dumb song. Still think that, but the rest is really good
      1. teee74, Eric, Taylor and 1 other person like this.
      2. duke86fan
        duke86fan
        work is a song that it seems everyone except p4k agrees is the worst song on the album
        Jun 4, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      3. this_unfolds
        this_unfolds
        You gotta twerk to Work. That's the secret.
        Jun 4, 2017
        Taylor and Aron like this.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      When Tay Zonday, the mastermind behind 'Chocolate Rain', inexplicably follows you on Twitter, you follow Tay Zonday right back.
      1. bshikari, mcherry and this_unfolds like this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      1. teee74 likes this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Man, 'Teenage Riot' still sounds so effing vital all these years later.
        Jun 4, 2017
        teee74 likes this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Went to pick up some tacos earlier this evening from Torchy's & they had their Muzak set on some College/Alternative Rock channel. Greatness
      1. teee74 and mcherry like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Lest we forget Kennedy from Alternative Nation, and Dave Kendall from 120 Minutes. I was a MTV junkie back when they played videos.
        Jun 2, 2017
        mcherry and Yer Ol' Uncle D like this.
      4. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        I'm witcha. I've still got hours of 120 Minutes recordings on VHS. I burned a couple hours of live performances from 120 to DVD a while back. What a blast watching that stuff.
        Jun 2, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      5. mcherry
        mcherry
        Kennedy!!
        Jun 3, 2017
        Aron likes this.
    11. Aron
      Aron
      Wow! Stereogum going in for the kill on Arcade Fire in that new piece.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        I don't always "only like their early material", but in the case of the Arcade Fire ... I only like their early material. Angel Olsen is a great recent example of an artist I love who has really shaken it up album to album (especially if you count that super lo-fi an raw first EP), who I will gladly follow along and listen to ...
        Jun 2, 2017
      3. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        ... I don't expect a band to summon up POST MORTEM feels on the regular, but I'm with this writer in feeling like something I loved about the band has been gradually lost.
        Jun 2, 2017
      4. Aron
        Aron
        To each their own. My counter argument to that article is that, most bands that have any sort of lengthy career have sonic/artistic detours along the way. And most have a mis-step or two as well. Even the great ones. It just feels like an obit is being written before its time in the case of Arcade Fire. I could be totally wrong, but, that's kind of my point...time will tell.
        Jun 2, 2017
    12. Aron
      Aron
      Big day for new singles and teasers being released. Phoenix, Lorde, Arcade Fire, The War On Drugs and an unreleased one from Radiohead.
      1. Aron
        Aron
        Early thoughts are that they are all pretty good to great. A little underwhelmed with the Arcade Fire track, but it may grow on me.
        Jun 1, 2017
    13. Aron
      Aron
      I'm a different (and way cooler) person whenever 'Papa Was A Rolling Stone' comes on the radio.
      1. mcherry
        mcherry
        wherever he laid his hat was his home...
        Jun 1, 2017
        Aron likes this.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Late night pre-order action via Merge Records. A Giant Dog's "Toy"? Check. Deluxe, 2-LP version of Waxahatchee's "Out In The Storm"? Check.
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        For those interested, it looks like A Giant Dog is including their stellar cover of Sparks' 'Angst In My Pants' on this new album.
        May 31, 2017
        mcherry likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        @Corycm I prefer Sweet Spirit, but A Giant Dog has a certain sophomoric charm, in my opinion. I don't spend much time dwelling on their lyrics or anything. Just fun, basic, rock 'n roll where I know pretty much what I'm going to get. Also, they are a blast live. I could totally see them fitting in as an opening act for a late 70's CBGB's gig.
        May 31, 2017
        Corycm likes this.
      5. Corycm
        Corycm
        Exactly that. What I've heard from the new album keeps bringing me back to late 70s Ramones-style punk stylistically.
        May 31, 2017
        Aron likes this.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      1. Gatorjim, mcherry and Enaz Fox like this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      1. geistvox, wooha and mcherry like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Heavy on the Kraftwerk vibe in places, but then classic sounding OMD in others.
        May 30, 2017
      3. mcherry
        mcherry
        Yes! I needed that.
        May 30, 2017
    17. Aron
      Aron
      Today was an exceptional day. We got some pretty miraculous news regarding my dad's health. The last 2 Mays have been quite good to him.
      1. GritNGlitter, Psymon, teee74 and 9 others like this.
      2. siremobunny
        siremobunny
        Awesome :)
        May 26, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Last May, we found out he had a specific mutation to his cancer that allowed him to take a pill form of chemo that is more effective. We started to see some signs back in March that the cancer was fighting back. This time, we had about a 10% chance that my dad would now have a new specific mutation to allow him to take a different pill, and it happened.
        May 26, 2017
        nolady, mcherry and siremobunny like this.
      4. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Very happy for you and your dad @Aron .
        May 26, 2017
        Aron likes this.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Donna Summer's "Bad Girls" is a great Friday afternoon album--even better when that Friday afternoon is ahead of a 3-Day holiday weekend.
      1. Kris and mcherry like this.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      I've watched the "Hibachi Chef Tries To Make Meal On A Regular Table" ClickHole video more times today than your average person.
      1. Jspaul and Mitchell like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        May 23, 2017
        Mitchell likes this.
      4. Jspaul
        Jspaul
        That was a joy
        May 23, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        I needed some laughs today after yesterday's tragic developments.
        May 23, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly