Aron
Last Activity:
Aug 21, 2017 at 7:52 AM
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

Fleet Foxes/Bedouine show tonight. Hoping they don't put me in such a chill mood that I fall asleep. Aug 17, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Aron was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Aug 21, 2017 at 7:52 AM
    1. Aron
      Aron
      Fleet Foxes/Bedouine show tonight. Hoping they don't put me in such a chill mood that I fall asleep.
      1. akhliber, Tyr and wokeupnew like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. akhliber
        akhliber
        I am so in love with this Bedouine album right now but wow, yeah... dangerously soothing... admittedly, much like @Tyr I've fallen asleep at a show (embarrassingly enough up against the wall, on the floor) in the past, and it was partially due to alcohol, and partially due to recognizing I didn't really enjoy post-Misfits Danzig. :P
        Aug 17, 2017 at 10:38 AM
        Tyr and Aron like this.
      4. Tyr
        Tyr
        Anything Danzig (even his Black Aria stuff) > non-Danzig Misfits ;)
        Aug 17, 2017 at 11:18 AM
        akhliber likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        @M Penny is correct here. Fleet Foxes brought much more firepower live than I was expecting. They put on a fantastic show. Bedouine sounded really good live...but, as expected, they were VERY mellow. She admitted she is still working on her stage banter, which was pretty endearing.
        Aug 17, 2017 at 10:50 PM
        M Penny likes this.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      The three pre-release tunes from the upcoming. Emily Haines solo record have me pretty excited for that release.
      1. Corycm likes this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      It's been so long since I listened to it, I almost forgot how good Sebadoh's "Bakesale" is. Almost.
      1. kickerofelves likes this.
      2. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        I love this album and Lou and Jason. I could never really get into Eric's, um, unique flair so this is the Sebadoh record for me.
        Aug 15, 2017 at 7:30 AM
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I'm exactly the same @kickerofelves. That record hit the sweet spot for me. I remember being really excited for its release, and when I went to Waterloo that Tuesday, Sub Pop had pushed back the release date a week or something. Worth the wait though.
        Aug 15, 2017 at 7:34 AM
        kickerofelves likes this.
      4. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        Waterloo / Book People across the street from one another is probably the thing I miss the most about Austin.
        Aug 15, 2017 at 8:13 AM
        Aron likes this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
      A little retro R&B/Pop this afternoon by way of Karyn White's first two albums.
    5. Aron
      Aron
      I'm not a festival guy, but, I do wish I had had an opportunity to see Pulp at Reading or Glasto to be a part of one of those insane crowds.
      1. Woob_woob likes this.
    6. Aron
      Aron
      Earlier this week I introduced some younger co-workers to the magic that is Oran "Juice" Jones' "The Rain". I am now a hero in their eyes.
      1. Heath
        Heath
        But did you introduce them to Juice from the movie Blank Check?
        Aug 10, 2017
      2. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        How about "Rip It Up" by Orange Juice?
        Aug 10, 2017
        teee74 likes this.
    7. Aron
      Aron
      I think it's going to take a really special album to knock Waxahatchee's "Out In The Storm" from the top AOY spot for me.
      1. Siglet, wokeupnew, Woob_woob and 2 others like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        And Nikki Lane's 'Jackpot' is hanging in there as my song of the year. Not sure that will be the case at the end of the year, but, I definitely haven't gotten tired of that tune up to this point.
        Aug 6, 2017
        Yer Ol' Uncle D likes this.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Yesterday may have called for Joy Division, but today screams for some Teenage Fanclub.
      1. Tyr, teee74, wokeupnew and 1 other person like this.
      3. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        It's a nice album, I have the poster from it hanging in my wall because the artwork is super nice. Grand Prix is probably their best/my fav. So many hits and perfect harmonies on that one.
        Aug 4, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        @wokeupnew Same. After "Grand Prix", it is pretty tight for me between "Bandwagonesque" and "Songs From Northern Britain". All 3 are terrific records.
        Aug 4, 2017
        wokeupnew likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        'Alcoholiday' though. I have to figure that the only reason that track wasn't on the Teenage Fanclub retrospective that came out years ago is because of running time. That song is effing perfection.
        Aug 4, 2017
        wokeupnew likes this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      I love how those first 9, non-live tracks on Joy Division's "Still" sound. Even in the peak of summer they sound ice cold.
      1. Kris, teee74 and mcherry like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I mean all of their stuff sounds pretty cold I guess, but, there is something with the production on those "Still" tracks. They're more uptempo than the stuff on "Closer", and more raw than the production of "Unknown Pleasures".
        Aug 3, 2017
        mcherry likes this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Patti Smith's piece on the passing of Sam Shepard is some seriously beautiful writing. Link in next post.
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      2. Aron
      3. mcherry
        mcherry
        Oh man. Gonna save this for the morning.
        Aug 1, 2017
        Aron likes this.
    11. Aron
      Aron
      Angel Olsen's Austin City Limits episode taping is taking place tomorrow night (7/25) at 8:00 CDT. Link in next post.
      1. Aron
    12. Aron
      Aron
      For those that missed out on the Monk RSD box, Apple Music now has the digital version of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses 1960" available.
      1. Psymon and Siglet like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Probably on other digital platforms as well. Just happened to notice it was showing up on Apple Music now.
        Jul 24, 2017
    13. Aron
      Aron
      Elastica's s/t debut album is always great to my ears, and never feels like a 90's nostalgia trip.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      The range of music in this Julie Ruin: Music For The Van Apple Music playlist is staggering. 4.5 hours of really diverse sounds. Good stuff.
      1. mcherry, Kris and Tillman like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        P.S. -- It's available on Spotify as well, albeit in a truncated version. That one is 3 hours and 15 minutes long.
        Jul 20, 2017
    15. Aron
      Aron
      "Free The Bees" is still one of my favorite albums to listen to once Summer rolls around.
      1. mcherry
        mcherry
        Yes!!!
        Jun 12, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      2. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        'Sunshine Hit Me' is good too, Os Mutantes translated cover!
        Jun 12, 2017
        mcherry likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I really like "Octopus" too.
        Jun 12, 2017
        mcherry likes this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Listening to a comp of The Best Of The Blue Thumb Recordings from The Pointer Sisters. This is pre-80s stuff, and it is funky as hell.
      1. teee74 likes this.
      3. nolady
        nolady
        I have their S/T album where the collaborated with Allen Toussiant. It is an amazing and funky album.
        Jun 9, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        This comp has some of those tunes. They led off the comp, and now I've hit this patch of jazzy songs, which I never really knew they did.
        Jun 9, 2017
        nolady likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        The synthy rhythm in the middle of 'Love In Them There Hills' sound similar to the sounds William Onyeabor was coming up with.
        Jun 9, 2017
        nolady likes this.
    17. Aron
      Aron
      While waiting for my car earlier at the dealership, I caught a great Muzak sequence of 'Thriller' into 'What's Going On' into 'Superstition'
      1. mcherry likes this.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      I want to be the one who creates the "Essentials" playlists for Apple Music. They do a good job, but I'm certain I could do better. Hire me.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite live/in studio performance of 'Jackpot' by Nikki Lane. Solo...full band...duo...it always works.
      1. Kris and Benjamin Dashley like this.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      Another great new pre-released track from the upcoming Waxahatchee album. Based on the few tunes I've heard, this one will rank high for me.
      1. GritNGlitter and Woob_woob like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly