Aron
Last Activity:
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:22 PM
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

Damn. I've got a nice post-election buzz going, and then I see that Pat DiNizio from The Smithereens has died. Dammit. Dec 12, 2017 at 10:53 PM

Aron was last seen:
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:22 PM
    1. Aron
      Aron
      Damn. I've got a nice post-election buzz going, and then I see that Pat DiNizio from The Smithereens has died. Dammit.
      1. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Man, that stinks. Was it related to his recent surgery on his arm and hand?
        Dec 12, 2017 at 11:06 PM
        Aron likes this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Not sure. Those guys were one of the best bar bands that ever "made it". And I mean that as a compliment, even if it may not come across. Just a real bummer to learn this news.
        Dec 12, 2017 at 11:09 PM
        Yer Ol' Uncle D likes this.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      I may be a homo sapien with opposable thumbs, but, I fall way back on the evolutionary chart whenever string cheese packaging is faulty.
      1. Corycm
        Corycm
        I feel like that opening a paper carton of anything, like milk. Like, as soon as I make that first fold/tear my brain just goes "uh-oh" and then it's all grunts and snorts until it's mangled.
        Dec 11, 2017 at 8:47 PM
        Aron likes this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      Just saw on Twitter that Cibo Matto are calling it quits. They weren't terribly active, but I thought their last album was quite good.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I'm glad I caught them on their last tour in support of "Hotel Valentine".
        Dec 11, 2017 at 3:19 PM
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        I saw them in Chicago at some point in the 90s. I can't recall with who though. I want to say maybe the Boredoms?
        Dec 11, 2017 at 3:35 PM
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        I know "Viva! La Woman" gets all of the love, but, I've always enjoyed "Stero-Type A" even more. It's still a fun album to spin, and 'Sunday, Pt. 2' is absolute bliss.
        Dec 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM
    4. Aron
      Aron
      These mint chocolate chip cookies from Tiff's Treats are the real MVP.
      1. RenegadeMonster and Kima like this.
      2. Heath
        Heath
        Damnit now I'm gonna have to order Tiff's Treats and a pint of Blue Bell this afternoon
        Dec 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM
        RenegadeMonster and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        The guy behind the counter said they were going to have that flavor for a few more days. They have Andes mint pieces in them.
        Dec 11, 2017 at 12:17 PM
        Heath likes this.
    5. Aron
      Aron
      Love this new Charlotte Gainsbourg record. Nice variety of sounds, and she gains more and more confidence with each album.
      1. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        I won a free copy of this and signed picture from a local record store not really knowing her music and I must say it's pretty catchy.
        Dec 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM
        Aron likes this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I hear some disco era Blondie in places, which is cool. I was a big fan of "IRM", and this one is a nice progression from that record.
        Dec 8, 2017 at 4:49 PM
    6. Aron
      Aron
      Those images from the fires in Southern California are pretty frightening. Looks like Mustafar or something. #Nerd
      1. mcherry likes this.
      2. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        Or the Upside Down.
        Dec 6, 2017
    7. Aron
      Aron
      1. GritNGlitter, mcherry and EmeryRK like this.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Kinda dig the new tUnE yArDs track. Sounds like the new record will have a decidedly 80's pop vibe.
      1. bohnjaggs, mcherry and cul8er like this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      It's rainy, grey & cold (for central Texas at least). Gonna listen to some Scott Walker, Vic Chesnutt, etc to match the weather today.
      1. mcherry and kickerofelves like this.
      2. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        Same. Yesterday was actually the anniversary of Vic’s last ever show, too (in Austin, as it happens)
        Dec 6, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        @kickerofelves I had the chance to see him years back at SXSW. Unfortunately, there were serious delays with the start of his performance, and I ended up having to leave to get to the next venue and stay on schedule. In retrospect, I wish I had just stayed put.
        Dec 6, 2017
      4. waitressboy
        waitressboy
        Tilt. What a great album to listen really, really loud to make your neighbors get angry and/or scared.
        Dec 6, 2017
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Eight months or so on, and Will Johnson's "Hatteras Night, A Good Luck Charm" is still in my top 10 for 2017.
      1. twentytwo likes this.
    11. Aron
      Aron
      Kind of a slow news day...
      1. bohnjaggs and GritNGlitter like this.
    12. Aron
      Aron
      Feels like there should be more talk about the Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton album released a few months back. Really beautiful stuff.
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      2. EmeryRK
        EmeryRK
        Honestly, that has been on my list to listen to. Never get around to it though.
        Nov 28, 2017
    13. Aron
      Aron
      Sharon Van Etten's "Are We There" was the soundtrack to the drive home from mom & dad's tonight. Reminded of how staggeringly good it is.
      1. Kris, Jake!, wokeupnew and 1 other person like this.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Always get a kick out of hearing Book Of Love's 'Modigliani (Lost In Your Eyes)' pop up in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles".
      1. mcherry likes this.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      2017 has mostly been a s#!tshow, but there is still a lot for me to be thankful for. Wishing the entire forum fam a Happy Thanksgiving!
      1. Mr Moore, HiFi Guy, nasa_life and 8 others like this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Can we please get something stronger/more secure for the mailers than that single piece of yellow tape?
      1. sycophancy, Eriatarka, Jake! and 3 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. gouis
        gouis
        Now you both owe me a coke
        Nov 16, 2017
        Aron and nasa_life like this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        (consults the Application Standards section of the Official Jinx Usage Guide)...yeah...it looks like that's not how it works.
        Nov 16, 2017
      5. PaulyB
        PaulyB
        @gouis Thanks for mentioning the feedback from, and @AndySlash Thanks for sharing it! We are aware of the tape issue, and we think they are using the first version that we had when we changed boxes, instead of the stronger version. Should be fixed for December more or less!
        Nov 17, 2017
        bshikari and Aron like this.
    17. Aron
      Aron
      Just now realizing that many of St. Vincent's Mixtape Playlists are on Apple Music. I should be set for a while.
      1. BenMal likes this.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      It's rare that I get tix to both nights whenever an artist plays 2 nights in a row, but a 2nd St. Vincent show on a Friday was too tempting.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Hey, it's Corin Tucker's birthday today. Time to listen to some S-K.
      1. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        @teee so she knows we're thinking about her.
        Nov 9, 2017
        teee, lee newman and Aron like this.
      2. teee
        teee
        I absolutely love that any mention of SK and Corin makes people think of me.
        Nov 10, 2017
        Enaz Fox and Aron like this.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      It feels like there have been more legitimate breaking news stories in 2017 than there have been in any other year in history.
      1. Aron
        Aron
        I mean, it is 2:00, and I'm exhausted by everything that has hit the news feeds today.
        Nov 9, 2017
        deltadon likes this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        2017 can litteraly eat POOPY, but it would have to eat itself for that to happen.
        Nov 9, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Yeah, it seems like 2016 was ultimately just an appetizer for the shitty entrée that is 2017.
        Nov 9, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly