Aron
Last Activity:
Jul 18, 2018 at 10:45 PM
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

The jacket for Kamasi Washington's "Heaven and Earth" is like the SCOTTeVEST of album packaging. Jul 15, 2018 at 2:47 PM

Aron was last seen:
Jul 18, 2018 at 10:45 PM
    1. Aron
      Aron
      Yeah, that new Caroline Rose album is a lot of fun.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Harry Belafonte turns 91 today. If you're only familiar with 'The Banana Boat Song', you should take a deeper dive. Some really great stuff.
      1. HiFi Guy
        HiFi Guy
        Every collection should have "Calypso" and "At Carnegie Hall."
        Mar 1, 2018
        Aron likes this.
    3. Aron
      1. View previous comments...
      2. bettim84
        bettim84
        To say I have a soft spot for Ladytron is an understatement. I really dig this track; thanks for sharing.
        Feb 28, 2018
        Kris and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Yeah, I like it overall. Sounds like a solid Ladytron track. Just really good to have them back together.
        Feb 28, 2018
        Kris likes this.
      4. Thackeraye
        Thackeraye
        Marnie's solo albums are pretty good as well...
        Feb 28, 2018
        Kris and Aron like this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
      That rum fueled Jennifer Lawrence interview with Stephen Colbert was pretty great. J-Law clearly gave 0 shits about promoting her movie.
      1. mcherry and Nathaniel D. like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Aron
      4. DavidA
        DavidA
        Man, this interview is pretty great.
        Feb 27, 2018
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Patton Oswalt was the guest after her, and he got to drink as well. He was actually the one that tipped folks off about the J-Law interview via Twitter earlier in the day. He was watching it backstage, and thought it was incredible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch2fuLj5Jd4
        Feb 27, 2018
    5. Aron
      Aron
      My Velvet Underground box set arrived today. No damage...everything seems to be in good shape. Probably overpaid for it, but glad to have it
      1. mcherry and Juiceless like this.
    6. Aron
      Aron
      All Eno, all day today. St. Vincent was playing an Eno playlist before her show last Friday, and now that's all I want to listen to.
      1. Corycm, wokeupnew and Ryan1310 like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Prompting to revisit that Eno & David Byrne album from a few years back, "Everything That Happens". Love that record, but it has been a minute since I listened to it.
        Feb 26, 2018
        Corycm likes this.
    7. Aron
      Aron
    8. Aron
      Aron
      I hate to say it, but, I have mixed feelings about that St. Vincent show I just witnessed. Was hoping to hear the new songs with a live band
      1. View previous comments...
      2. mcherry
        mcherry
        I had serious misgivings before seeing her. I had heard such great things about her concerts and wanted to experience what I had heard about. But she blew me away. The performative aspect is what got me. It wasn’t just a concert, she was performing a role. I really dug that kind of daring. So, I still want to see her with a live band but this will do for now.
        Feb 24, 2018
        wooha and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I saw her at the same venue with a full band in support of "Strange Mercy". Fantastic show. So, I have that comparison in my head. I do agree with @Tillman that, for this record, this performance and setup was probably the way for her to go. But the dynamic of other musicians definitely pushes her shows to another level.
        Feb 24, 2018
        kvetcha and mcherry like this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        As I originally said, it's mixed feelings. That minimalist version of 'Cheerleader' was terrific, & it was nice to hear 2 songs from her first record. I hadn't heard those live in a while. "Los Ageless" had the crowd in a frenzy. Most of the new album worked really well.
        Feb 24, 2018
        mcherry likes this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      St. Vincent tonight! Finally. Feels like I've been waiting for this one for a really long time. Haven't seen her since the tour with Byrne.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Never know how to handle feature performances when making an artist's comp/playlist. Is singing a hook on another's track enough to qualify?
      1. GritNGlitter and Enaz Fox like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Rihanna is killing me with all of her features. She happens to be really good at singing hooks on other people's songs. I guess if it is good enough, it makes the cut, end of story. But, a track like 'All Of The Lights' has like 90 other people on it, and it's Kanye's song. Yet, it wouldn't be the same without her part. Getting a bit "High Fidelity" here, I know.
        Feb 21, 2018
        GritNGlitter, mcherry and Enaz Fox like this.
      3. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Settle down Rob Gordon. Don't make me send Barry over there.
        Feb 21, 2018
    11. Aron
      Aron
      New Wye Oak tune is tasty. Jenn Wasner is such an amazing vocalist.
    12. Aron
      Aron
      Nice to see that Janelle Monae has a new album in the works.
      1. JonnyH, Tyr, MattHasIdeas and 2 others like this.
      2. Jake!
        Jake!
        I AM SO EXCITED
        Feb 16, 2018
        GritNGlitter, JonnyH and Aron like this.
    13. Aron
      Aron
      Been quite a few choice pre-album singles dropping over the past few days. Looks like that dead period after the start of the year is ending
      1. GritNGlitter, Nathaniel D. and Eric like this.
      2. Corycm
        Corycm
        My wallet enjoyed the time off.
        Feb 15, 2018
        GritNGlitter and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        @Corycm Yeah, and it still isn't too bad since we're talking mostly single releases. March is usually when the new release albums begin taking their toll.
        Feb 15, 2018
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Forgot I had ordered that Willie Nelson record. Nice little surprise there.
      1. Juiceless and lee newman like this.
      2. IONLYLISTENTO78s
        IONLYLISTENTO78s
        Ohemgee samesies
        Feb 14, 2018
        Aron and GritNGlitter like this.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      Pavement's "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain" turns 24 today.
      1. wokeupnew likes this.
      2. sahomerrocks
        sahomerrocks
        My favorite album of all time. I really wish they would release all the double CD reissues on vinyl like they did with Brighten the Corners.
        Feb 14, 2018
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I thought they did a separate vinyl release for the extras that were on one of the CD sets for either "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain" or "Slanted + Enchanted" not too long ago. Maybe that was a RSD item only though.
        Feb 14, 2018
        sahomerrocks likes this.
      4. sahomerrocks
        sahomerrocks
        Yeah, Secret History Vol 1 is a 2LP of a lot, but not all, of the songs on the Luxe and Reduxe version of S&E. I think they were supposed to do more volumes but I haven't heard anything since vol 1. I'd definitely prefer the box version like BtC.
        Feb 14, 2018
        Aron likes this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Eleanor Friedberger's solo stuff has been hit or miss with me. Her new single is definitely on the "hit" side. Check out link in next post.
      1. JonnyH and twentytwo like this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        I was a big fan of her last album! Definitely will check it out!
        Feb 14, 2018
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Feb 14, 2018
        twentytwo likes this.
    17. Aron
      1. djxfactor511, mcherry and Kris like this.
      2. Mitchell
        Mitchell
        I went to an FYE on Saturday night and a friend of mine bought two CDs. Metallica - METALLICA and The Offspring - AMERICANA. It's was a surreal experience.
        Feb 13, 2018
        bohnjaggs and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I think this article is spot on. I don't mind streaming, but the thought that I want streaming as my only option is stupid. And that is what the technology manufacturers are buying into. No CD players in cars or computers will certainly result in fewer CD sales. I have an external drive for my iMac, and still have a player in my car. What can I say, I like having a physical product. No shame.
        Feb 13, 2018
        mcherry and Mitchell like this.
      4. captainfog
        captainfog
        More interesting is the funding model of the site. Disable adblock or allow them to use your spare processing power to mine crypto. What an innovative idea! The future of online publishing???
        Feb 13, 2018
        Nathaniel D. likes this.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Picked up a King Cake at the grocery store at lunch on Fat Tuesday. Let's just say...you get what you pay for.
      1. GritNGlitter and Heath like this.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Not really feeling the new Okkervil River tune. At least not yet.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      Lately, I've kind of been obsessed with Eno & Cale's "Wrong Way Up" album from 1990.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly