BenMal
Last Activity:
Jun 22, 2017 at 9:47 PM
Birthday:
Jul 1, 1989 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

BenMal

Well-Known Member, Male, 27, from Chattanooga, TN

I'm on a budget but my birthday is next weekend so I just spent $40 on a deluxe Mountain Goats record as a gift to myself. Jun 20, 2017 at 10:46 AM

BenMal was last seen:
Jun 22, 2017 at 9:47 PM
    1. BenMal
      BenMal
      I'm on a budget but my birthday is next weekend so I just spent $40 on a deluxe Mountain Goats record as a gift to myself.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        I still don't own Transcendental Youth but I'm waiting until November when I see them and I'll buy a copy to have him sign it. I did that last year with TLOTWTC.
        Jun 20, 2017 at 2:18 PM
        JonnyH likes this.
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        I just need Heretic Pride and We Shall All Be Healed. Man I really wish they'd reissue like a box set of all the hard to get stuff
        Jun 20, 2017 at 2:59 PM
        JonnyH and wokeupnew like this.
      4. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Jun 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM
        BenMal likes this.
    2. BenMal
      BenMal
      Well I think Twin Peaks is doing its job by frustrating me, giving me a lot to love, and then making me feel like I need more. Waiting sucks
      1. wokeupnew and AnthonyI like this.
    3. BenMal
      BenMal
      So I made an offer on a record (their price was $55-too high) so I said $30, they countered with $51. What's my next move? Still too high
      1. Lacubrious and wokeupnew like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        I bumped up my offer just a bit. We'll see what happens now...
        Jun 18, 2017 at 1:45 PM
      4. Lacubrious
        Lacubrious
        Work the multiple item angle if you can. I got two NM albums that would have been €55 separatly down to a €40 bundle on Friday night. Winner, winner, chicken dinner
        Jun 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM
      5. HiFi Guy
        HiFi Guy
        Say no. You'll find another. Unless the joy of having it is worth the price.
        Jun 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM
    4. BenMal
      BenMal
      Can VMP do something with the new Vince Staples album? I don't wanna have to buy the picture disc.
      1. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        I won't buy the picture disc. I'll just cop a cd if some other version is released.
        Jun 18, 2017 at 10:15 AM
        Woob_woob and Barry Lird like this.
      2. Woob_woob
        Woob_woob
        Yea I really hope it gets a standard black press at least
        Jun 18, 2017 at 12:40 PM
        Enaz Fox likes this.
      3. duke86fan
        duke86fan
        but picture disc is the only way he can put it on vinyl and still keep the artwork of the physical CD person,

i mean if your gonna pull a yeezus and have very little cover art, might as well be consistant
        Jun 18, 2017 at 6:41 PM
    5. BenMal
      BenMal
      Ooh I love those surprising locked grooves at the end of records. Chastity Belt's new one just had me listening for a solid minute.
      1. nasa_life, this_unfolds, Eric and 2 others like this.
    6. BenMal
      BenMal
      I think I hated the new Phoenix album at first, but now I think I kind of like it? It's not great, but now it's kinda sorta working for me
    7. BenMal
      BenMal
      USPS decided not to deliver today because it rained a bit. "Held at post office / retrieved from full parcel locker" is what it says. ?
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        I should also mention that it has been "out for delivery" all day before they changed it, which according to the time is the time it would have been delivered.
        Jun 15, 2017
      3. Heath
        Heath
        Reminds me of the time I watched the UPS guy pull up to my building and sit in the truck while he marked my package as "delivery attempted" then drive off.
        Jun 15, 2017
        auttiegrace and BenMal like this.
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        @Heath there have been times when they just never showed up on my street (seriously) and then just marked it as "delivery attempted" - I don't know which is worse though.
        Jun 15, 2017
        auttiegrace likes this.
    8. BenMal
      BenMal
      Tipsy and spinning Planetarium...this is quite an experience.
      1. dbarila and wokeupnew like this.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        I think I love this thing. It's pretty much what I wanted/expected.
        Jun 12, 2017
      3. wooha
        wooha
        It took a few times through for it to grow on me, but it's really a fantastic album
        Jun 12, 2017
      4. dbarila
        dbarila
        I heard pretty mixed things, but I really liked it a lot when I listened to it.
        Jun 13, 2017
    9. BenMal
      BenMal
      2. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Guitars are what's missing
        Jun 11, 2017
        BenMal likes this.
      3. teee74
        teee74
        You are a great writer.
        Jun 12, 2017
        BenMal and wokeupnew like this.
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        @teee74 :) thank you, that means a lot. I'm glad people are actually reading these things.
        Jun 12, 2017
        teee74 likes this.
    10. BenMal
      BenMal
      So this new Fleet Foxes album... definitely need to listen to it many more times to absorb it. Love that first track a lot though
      1. wokeupnew and lee newman like this.
    11. BenMal
      BenMal
      Finished out that big Grateful Dead doc last night, and today I'll finally be starting the massive Beatles Anthology doc.
      1. lee newman likes this.
      2. lee newman
        lee newman
        I watched the first episode of the Dead Doc last night. I've owned Anthology for years and watched it numerous times because I have a problem...
        Jun 10, 2017
        Barry Lird and Enaz Fox like this.
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        The dead doc is good, but I wish I could have watched it all in one go to really experience to grand scope. Also, naturally, there are parts that I felt could have gone deeper, but it's still very good, and as a newcomer I am ready to give them a real go.
        I'm shocked at myself for having never seen Anthology, so I am very excited to finally dive into it.
        Jun 10, 2017
      4. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        Anthology is a lot of fun!
        Jun 10, 2017
        Barry Lird likes this.
    12. BenMal
      BenMal
      Being able to hear Neko Case's Fox Confessor on vinyl right now is heaven. I love this record so much.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        @Aron ooh I didn't even know that existed.
        Jun 8, 2017
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Yeah, that was on a soundtrack to a play. Has some other interesting artists on it, but, I love that tune. It came out before "The Worse Things Get...", and, while I love the track, it definitely would have been out of place on that record.
        Jun 8, 2017
      4. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        That whole soundtrack is really good.
        Jun 8, 2017
        BenMal and Aron like this.
    13. BenMal
      BenMal
      SHIPPING NOTICE! So this week I should get: VMP package: Kevin Morby, Fleet Foxes, then others: Amber Coffman, Planetarium, Neko Case!
      1. wokeupnew and this_unfolds like this.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        Ooh and Big Thief (hopefully).
        Jun 7, 2017
      3. Clay Conder
        Clay Conder
        I'm getting Morby, Fleet Foxes, Glass, Son House, and Hoops. I think that's it. SO STOKED
        Jun 7, 2017
        BenMal likes this.
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        Weird bullmoose situation right now. Neko Case shipped Tuesday, is out for delivery today. Amber Coffman shipped last Thursday and is still "in transit to destination" with no exact location right now.
        Jun 8, 2017
    14. BenMal
      BenMal
      no shipping notice (is it Fleet Foxes holding me up slightly or just bad luck?)
      1. FoolishBeggar
        FoolishBeggar
        I just got mine and ordered fleet foxes too
        Jun 6, 2017
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        Damn. It was the only add-on I had. I was hoping for a really fast notice this month.
        Jun 6, 2017
      3. FoolishBeggar
        FoolishBeggar
        it was my only add on too, hopefully you get yours soon
        Jun 6, 2017
    15. BenMal
      BenMal
      All my shipments coming via usps are so much slower than they should be. Bullmoose preorder should have gotten here at most by today but no
      1. deltadon
        deltadon
        The mail should be released to third parties...
        Jun 5, 2017
        Heath likes this.
    16. BenMal
      BenMal
      1. wooha
        wooha
        Well done!
        Jun 3, 2017
        BenMal and High Rant District like this.
    17. BenMal
      BenMal
      Saddle Creek: best label out there. Sent out an email re: Big Thief just saying not everyone may get the LP before release date
      1. Vebberim and this_unfolds like this.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        but they will try to ship everything by next Wednesday. Meanwhile Mello Music barely provides any updates regarding the Oddisee Tangible Dream repress which was supposed to come out months ago.
        Jun 2, 2017
        Vebberim and this_unfolds like this.
    18. BenMal
      BenMal
      Should I cancel my Joyful Noise White Label sub? I thought it would be awesome, but so far I have gotten 1 album actually love. The rest...
      1. Tillman likes this.
      2. Tillman
        Tillman
        I cancelled about a month ago. I still haven't listened to them besides The Ophelias and a bit of the second. I was thinking about offering the lot of them (besides Ophelias) in the Pay It Forward thread
        Jun 1, 2017
      3. Tillman
        Tillman
        I replaced the White Label with the Classics from VMP, not sure if that side sub will be for me either, but White Label definitely isn't for me.
        Jun 1, 2017
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        Yeah I thought I'd love this series, but sadly I am kind of underwhelmed, so why keep paying for something that I don't really want other than to have a complete set? Bah. Just gonna cancel right now.
        Jun 1, 2017
    19. BenMal
      BenMal
      2. High Rant District
        High Rant District
        Good point.
        May 31, 2017
        Melt Face Molly Drop likes this.
      3. livinsmall
        livinsmall
        Yesssss
        May 31, 2017
      4. ayayrawn
        ayayrawn
        Mine is thetropebox.com. Good start, my dude.
        May 31, 2017
    20. BenMal
      BenMal
      Spinning Sylvan Esso's What Now yet again and yet again I am finding myself totally loving it. Top 5 of the year for me so far.
      1. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        I think I like it better than their debut
        May 29, 2017
        BenMal likes this.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        I am actually spinning their debut right now and I think I agree. The new one edges it out slightly for me.
        May 29, 2017
        wokeupnew likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 1, 1989 (Age: 27)