1. Starting at 8AM (Mountain) on Tuesday, November 22nd, we'll be taking the site down for a few minutes to perform an upgrade. We'll make it quick ;)
BenMal
Last Activity:
May 22, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Birthday:
Jul 1, 1989 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

BenMal

Well-Known Member, Male, 27, from Chattanooga, TN

watching Twin Peaks right before going to sleep is a good/bad/scary thing. May 22, 2017 at 9:00 PM

BenMal was last seen:
Viewing thread Official July '17 Guess Thread (Keepin It Funky), May 22, 2017 at 10:44 PM
    1. BenMal
      BenMal
      watching Twin Peaks right before going to sleep is a good/bad/scary thing.
      1. A Lost Highway likes this.
      2. Enoch
        Enoch
        it's not any crazy the the dreams I have most nights
        May 22, 2017 at 10:37 PM
    2. BenMal
      BenMal
      New Land of Talk is out for delivery! Also got an 8.6 from Paste
      1. Mitchell and Vebberim like this.
      2. BenMal
      3. Mitchell
        Mitchell
        I wasn't familiar with Land of Talk until recently, but I checked out the album (it's streaming through NPR) and I really like it.
        May 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM
        BenMal likes this.
    3. BenMal
      BenMal
      shocked at how much I like this Paramore album.
      1. FoolishBeggar and Mitchell like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. swamp
        swamp
        I was never a fan of them but my co-host of my podcast pitched their new LP as a topic of discussion, since it's a big shift in sound, and so I gave it a listen. I can dig what they're trying to do here. It seems more sincere & straightforward. If you're going to make pop music, just do that. No need for heavy guitars & put-on angst. Will prob have more formed thoughts once that ep drops sometime in the next weeks.
        May 17, 2017 at 12:53 PM
      4. DavidA
        DavidA
        About to give this a listen.
        May 17, 2017 at 1:11 PM
      5. BenMal
        BenMal
        It's just pop music done really well, with some really good lyrics (for the most part). Guitars are still present, but they take a backseat for sure.
        May 17, 2017 at 1:34 PM
    4. BenMal
      BenMal
      Spinning Land of Talk's Some Are Lakes and Cloak and Cipher all week leading up to the new album.
      1. Vebberim, this_unfolds and Aron like this.
    5. BenMal
      BenMal
      If I want to finally sign up with a VPN service, what's the most legit one with a good price and fairly fast speeds?
      1. High Rant District and Gatorjim like this.
      3. gouis
        gouis
        I use Private Internet Access recommend it heartily
        May 15, 2017
        BenMal and Gatorjim like this.
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        I'm just getting nervous about torrenting. I don't do a ton of it, but considering I don't have cable and am only subscribed to Netflix and HBO Now or whatever, I tend to get shows from the Internet. I know it's wrong, but it's the only way for me cause I'm not made of money. I just want one that would be good with torrenting shows here and there.
        May 15, 2017
      5. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        I've torrented my share and have no issues using Celo. Some VPNS don't allow torrenting at all so be sure to read their terms before you pay.
        May 15, 2017
        High Rant District and BenMal like this.
    6. BenMal
      BenMal
      If I have a slightly warped record from VMP should I email them? It's not that bad, but it causes some small distortion and needle wavering
      1. High Rant District and 6od like this.
      2. Tj.
        Tj.
        Email them. They have said in the past that is not acceptable.
        May 14, 2017
        6od likes this.
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        Ah went ahead and emailed. It's not a bad warp, but I guess it would still be better to have a very flat record
        May 14, 2017
        Tj. and 6od like this.
      4. mcherry
        mcherry
        If it affects audio and moves the needle significantly then it's a bad copy. Don't feel bad about requesting a replacement.
        May 14, 2017
    7. BenMal
      BenMal
      Damn, VMP really worked their magic with this Fiona Apple album. it sounds incredible, and I love the standard black vinyl, plus the booklet
      1. BenMal
        BenMal
        Definitely one of VMP's best, and right now it's just under Panda Bear for my favorite this year. Of course I came into both of these albums already loving them, but these records both sound so good.
        May 13, 2017
        Woob_woob likes this.
    8. BenMal
      BenMal
      Listening to The National after a night out with friends and beer and heavy talks about adulthood is one of the most perfect things.
      1. Kris, Barry Lird, lee newman and 3 others like this.
      2. Marco Michaels
        Marco Michaels
        My favorite late night band
        May 13, 2017
        BenMal likes this.
      3. Huh? What?
        Huh? What?
        Only if it is six hours of Sorrow.
        May 13, 2017
        BenMal likes this.
    9. BenMal
      BenMal
      1. View previous comments...
      2. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Which shirt did you get, yeah they weren't too great
        May 11, 2017
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        @wokeupnew I got the one that actually says "the national" on it, blue with a little house logo. Not the greatest, but I think I like it ok.
        May 11, 2017
      4. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        @BenMal I almost got that one but got the blue on blue. 4AD has another t shirt style but it's a reversal of the one you got on white.
        May 11, 2017
    10. BenMal
      BenMal
      THE NATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'MREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      1. 6od, teee74, Marco Michaels and 2 others like this.
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        No official announcement from the band yet, no pre-orders yet, but hopefully very, very soon.
        May 10, 2017
      4. teee74
        teee74
        If you're anything like me and my favorite band (I bet NO ONE can guess who it is), you are crying and shaking with excitement. And want to yell about it to EVERYONE!
        May 10, 2017
      5. BenMal
        BenMal
        May 10, 2017
        teee74 likes this.
    11. BenMal
      BenMal
      This Miles Davis mono Miles Ahead is making my morning. Only $13! I'm amazed.
      1. DavidA, Taylor, Jake! and 1 other person like this.
    12. BenMal
      BenMal
      Shipping Noti-oh, just label created. Bleh
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      2. this_unfolds
        this_unfolds
        Same :/
        May 9, 2017
    13. BenMal
      BenMal
      sleep well beast. The National are teasing something right now...most likely a single. AAAAAHHH
      1. Jkeech, wokeupnew, Tillman and 6 others like this.
      2. wokeupnew
    14. BenMal
      BenMal
      Was bidding on the Day of the Dead vinyl set for a week now. It sat at my bid, $70 until the last minute today where I got outbid to $71
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        Typically eBay never works out in my favor and therefore isn't worth it, but I can never be on it when a listening is ending. I only bid on this cause no one had and at $70 that's a huge deal.
        May 8, 2017
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        Picked it up for $75 (thanks to @Yer Ol' Uncle D posting about it). So deals exist if you watch for 'em.
        May 8, 2017
      4. anazapela
        anazapela
        @BenMal yeah i guess shipping would be pricey given the weight of it...i was looking for around the 70-80 mark since it's no longer sealed
        May 8, 2017
    15. BenMal
      BenMal
      So I think I'll be driving by myself on a Tuesday in a couple of weeks to go see The Mountain Goats in Nashville.
      2. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        I love short solo road trips.
        May 7, 2017
        notgabewhite and BenMal like this.
      3. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Yes!!!!
        May 7, 2017
        BenMal likes this.
      4. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Also 2.5 hours is not bad. The longest I've driven solo for a show was 4 hours, 8 hours total.
        May 7, 2017
    16. BenMal
      BenMal
      New Land of Talk LP has shipped already! Another reason to love Saddle Creek
      1. twentytwo and Vebberim like this.
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        So mine still hasn't updated at all. No tracking has shown up not even "pre-shipment info" - so now I'm thinking maybe they were a bit premature with these shipping emails.
        May 8, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      4. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Same here! Bummer man!
        May 8, 2017
      5. BenMal
        BenMal
        I ended up emailing them and they said the labels were printed, but the records won't go out until early next week, with the aim to likely get them to everyone before the actual release date.
        May 10, 2017
    17. BenMal
      BenMal
      Did not release store credits also go to the recurring monthly AOTM charge. Huh.
    18. Enoch
      Enoch
      1. BenMal
        BenMal
        Thanks for the heads up. That's a bit too much for me to be spending at the moment, but I appreciate you keeping an eye out.
        May 5, 2017
      2. Enoch
        Enoch
        I was thinking it was not in your price ranged based on past posts but with how limited they were I thought better to post than not
        May 5, 2017
    19. BenMal
      BenMal
      Wait so Grizzly Bear has been putting out all those stickying pudding teasers just for a single? And LCD hasn't even finished their album yet?
      1. wokeupnew likes this.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        Also what is patience?
        May 4, 2017
        Woob_woob likes this.
      3. A Lost Highway
        A Lost Highway
        James is pretty notorious for taking far longer on albums that he originally claimed he would.
        May 4, 2017
      4. FoolishBeggar
        FoolishBeggar
        brand new has been promising me a new album for the last two years. i feel ya
        May 4, 2017
    20. Enoch
      Enoch
      Battle Cry is in the Vault Novelty store
      2. Enoch
        Enoch
        Yeah, I think that is $10 mark up. I am starting to get upset with TMR. They are starting to mark up items in the vault store. To me that only legitimizes flippers
        May 3, 2017
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        Yeah it seems a bit much. I debated and debated then decided to check out and it's now out of stock. Oh well...
        May 3, 2017
      4. Enoch
        Enoch
        I mean they had Forever My Queen in the store for $80!!! I get that is is limited but really. The whole vault cost $60 originally. That really upsets me. I am thinking of the best way to bring up this concern.
        May 3, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 1, 1989 (Age: 27)