Share This Page

BenMal

Well-Known Member, Male, 28, from Chattanooga, TN

So...that Endless vinyl...anyone heard anything? Feb 5, 2018

BenMal was last seen:
Feb 23, 2018 at 11:02 AM
    1. BenMal
      BenMal
      So...that Endless vinyl...anyone heard anything?
      1. Clay Conder
        Clay Conder
        i wish
        Feb 5, 2018
        JonnyH and nasa_life like this.
      2. nasa_life
        nasa_life
        I bet that no one will see any physical copies til summer.
        Feb 5, 2018
        Clay Conder likes this.
      3. RenegadeMonster
        RenegadeMonster
        @BenMal is that one of those vinyls that have a end grove that plays a tune that loops for ever?
        Feb 5, 2018
        nasa_life likes this.
    2. BenMal
      BenMal
      One listen in on this Anna Burch album and I'm hooked. Out of the few releases so far this year, I recommend this one above all.
      1. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Yesssssss!!!
        Feb 2, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      2. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        Ooh, soooo good.
        Feb 2, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
    3. BenMal
      BenMal
      This new First Aid Kit album is getting me through the day in a nice way.
      1. JonnyH, GritNGlitter, Kris and 2 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        The first two are great and so is this one, the end. xo
        Jan 31, 2018
        JonnyH, Kris, wokeupnew and 2 others like this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        @wokeupnew That's interesting. I felt like this new one was a little less overtly country/folk than the first two. Granted, I've only listened all the way through twice, and they were also work listens, so maybe I wasn't catching everything.
        Jan 31, 2018
        GritNGlitter and wokeupnew like this.
      5. BenMal
        BenMal
        I like the new one most of all of them I think and I don’t know why. I just immediately found it engaging and enjoyable and it’s been on repeat all day.
        Jan 31, 2018
        GritNGlitter, wokeupnew and Aron like this.
    4. BenMal
      BenMal
      Spinning Magnolia and all those Aimee Mann songs just hit me, give me nostalgia, and have me deciding I need to grab more of her records.
      1. Tyr and Juiceless like this.
    5. BenMal
      BenMal
      The Grammys are dumb and everything, but I'm still happy to see my dudes from The National win an award.
      1. twentytwo, Nathaniel D. and wokeupnew like this.
    6. BenMal
      BenMal
      Neko Case is just a flat out incredible joy to watch live. Especially if you are literally right in front of her. Great way to end a day.
      1. wokeupnew, notgabewhite and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        One of my favorite shows of hers that I saw featured the trifecta of Neko, Hogan and Rachel Flotard from Visqueen, all on the same stage. They didn't really even care that there was an audience of people there. It was mostly about singing some tunes in between moments of cracking each other up.
        Jan 25, 2018
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        Kelly Hogan was there too, and they had Nora O’Connor doing some vocals and playing guitar (plus two guys that often play with Neko, i believe, but I can't remember their names). Neko and Kelly are definitely really funny together. The whole show felt like an intimate evening, and I was just delighted by the whole thing.
        Jan 25, 2018
        Aron likes this.
      5. kvetcha
        kvetcha
        *ahem* YAS QWEEEEEN
        Jan 26, 2018
    7. BenMal
      BenMal
      Off work at 12:30, Neko Case tonight (front row!), headed to Atlanta tomorrow. This will feel like the longest 5 hr workday...
      1. twentytwo, kvetcha, Aron and 3 others like this.
    8. BenMal
      BenMal
      NOOOOOOO. The St. Vincent show in my city is just straight up cancelled, with apparently no plans to reschedule. Also no reason given.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. auttiegrace
        auttiegrace
        Right?!? What the actual sticky pudding!??? I'm still so pissed. Silver-lining if you had tickets already they refunded the money AND offered us free tickets to any concert in the next 12 months at The Signal.
        Jan 24, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        @auttiegrace true. I hope someone good comes along cause so far there’s not one I’m itching to go to. Washed Out would be okay I guess, but I think I’ll hold out for someone better
        Jan 24, 2018
        auttiegrace likes this.
      4. auttiegrace
        auttiegrace
        My thoughts exactly! I want to like Washed Out more than I do... Just kind of eh.
        Jan 26, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
    9. BenMal
      BenMal
      Anyone ordered something from Phil Elverum’s store? Ordered The Glow Pt 2 vinyl a week ago but haven’t seen any tracking or anything
      1. View previous comments...
      2. DJSJ
        DJSJ
        His whole shipping setup's very DIY. Expect it to be shipped, but don't expect anything more.
        Jan 20, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        There's a real good possibility he's physically doing a lot of the shipping. Last time I ordered something I got a quick email apologizing because he was traveling and he'd get it in the mail when he got back in a week.
        Jan 20, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        Thanks for letting me know. The way the online store is set up does make it seem very DIY, but I wasn't sure. I guess I'll just be patient.
        Jan 20, 2018
    10. BenMal
      BenMal
      Pit ticket for The National in Nashville acquired. YEAH! So excited to finally see them again.
      1. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        The National is not the type of show I envision a pit opening up at, but then again I witnessed moshing at Badbadnotgood so I guess anything can happen
        Jan 17, 2018
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        More just a standing room area, as opposed to the seated sections which take up most of the venue. I just wanna be front row, right by the stage
        Jan 17, 2018
        wokeupnew and twentytwo like this.
      3. Wolfman Jack
        Wolfman Jack
        got our Asheville tix! pumped, popping my live National cherry
        Jan 17, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
    11. BenMal
      BenMal
      The new Typhoon album is going to take some time to digest, but it is exactly THE type of album I love. So much to pour over...
      1. Jake!, abiku13 and twentytwo like this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        It's a grower. Wake into Rorschach is nothing short of amazing. I don't if it is White Lighter good, but it's better than 90% of the albums I listen too.
        Jan 16, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      3. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Kyle Morton is definitely one of my favorite songwriters.
        Jan 16, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
    12. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      The National just announced a Nashville tour date at Ascend Amphitheater.
      1. BenMal
        BenMal
        Just saw that! I have to go. Do you know if there are like “pit tickets” you can get for this place? If I go I’d have to be as close as possible. Also, ticket pre-sale tomorrow will be on what site? Sorry for all the questions.
        Jan 16, 2018
    13. BenMal
      BenMal
      Any time I throw on an LP from The Rural Alberta Advantage they become all I want to listen to. I chase their amazing sound to find other
      1. GritNGlitter, EmeryRK, naftey and 2 others like this.
      3. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        The Ballad of RAA may be the best opening song of any album I own!
        Jan 15, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      4. hatfieldpdx
        hatfieldpdx
        Ever listened to Lullaby for the Working Class? Not a perfect match, it's a little quieter for sure, but I have a hunch you may dig it. They flew well under the hype radar, but their album 'Blanket Warm' is a little-known classic. Check it out.
        Jan 15, 2018
        twentytwo and BenMal like this.
      5. BenMal
        BenMal
        @hatfieldpdx I do know of them because I know a lot about the Saddle Creek record label, but I don’t think I’ve listened to any of their albums. Will check it out though. I know Ted Stevens was in that band and then later joined Tim Kasher to form Cursive, who I love.
        Jan 15, 2018
        hatfieldpdx likes this.
    14. BenMal
      BenMal
      1. Mitchell, Enaz Fox and lee newman like this.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        also all my full length favorite albums from 2017 are there too...if you're interested. No? Okay, I'll see myself out of my comment section now.
        Jan 14, 2018
        Enaz Fox and lee newman like this.
      3. BenMal
        Jan 14, 2018
        Enaz Fox likes this.
    15. BenMal
      BenMal
      In other news, that Emily Haines album from last year is fantastically great. took me too long to listen to it. Don’t let that happen to you
      1. GritNGlitter, Aron and twentytwo like this.
      2. Corycm
        Corycm
        It did happen to me! Dammit!
        Jan 12, 2018
        BenMal and GritNGlitter like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Agreed. I like it more than her first "solo" album. That one had some tunes I liked, but I think this one is stronger overall.
        Jan 12, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        I didn’t even see a lot of coverage for this album, but now I have. I don’t understand people feeling that it’s too downtrodden or sad, but I have a passion for that kind of music so what do I know. I think this is some of the best things she’s done (including Metric).
        Jan 13, 2018
        Aron likes this.
    16. BenMal
      BenMal
      New Panda Bear EP waiting for me at home is the only thing really getting me through my workday
      1. notgabewhite likes this.
    17. BenMal
      BenMal
      Has anyone ordered from Roll Call Records? Ordered the new Typhoon signed (cd) (vinyl coming from BM). No shipping yet...
      1. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Sorry about that man. I ordered my vinyl directly from the band and I received it on Monday.
        Jan 12, 2018
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        I got the gold indie variant coming, but I was hoping the cd would come soon. Still haven’t heard anything.
        Jan 13, 2018
    18. BenMal
      BenMal
      Not a VMPeep about my jan stuff shipping
      1. Eric likes this.
      2. JonnyH
        JonnyH
        Same! I emailed just in case.
        Jan 11, 2018
    19. BenMal
      BenMal
      FINALLY seeing Neko Case live in a couple of weeks. Time to spin all of her records. Bye.
      1. 6od
        6od
        you are in for a TREAT my friend
        Jan 9, 2018
        BenMal likes this.
      2. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        I goofed and tickets sold out near me before I bought any
        Jan 9, 2018
    20. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      The National is playing Shaky Knees. Here's hoping a Ryman date is on the agenda as well.
      1. BenMal likes this.
      2. BenMal
        BenMal
        Ooh, looks like it might be getting closer for them to announce some southern dates. They also just announced the lineup of their festival and it’s pretty great
        Jan 8, 2018
        twentytwo likes this.
      3. Clay Conder
        Clay Conder
        If there’s a Ryman date, I’m making a trip to Nashville for sure.
        Jan 8, 2018
        BenMal and twentytwo like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 1, 1989 (Age: 28)