chrb98 was last seen:
Oct 17, 2017 at 11:31 PM
    1. chrb98
      chrb98
      Man... not digging this new St Vincent song at all :/
      1. deltadon likes this.
      2. siremobunny
        siremobunny
        As it is sort of a shapeshifter of a song, I'm hopeful that it works better in the context of the album, but its the weakest of the three singles for me so far. Don't hate it tho.
        Oct 10, 2017
        auttiegrace likes this.
      3. notgabewhite
        notgabewhite
        New York> Loss ageless> Pills
        I’m not too excited for this album
        Oct 10, 2017
        auttiegrace likes this.
    2. chrb98
      chrb98
      Watching videos where people take the record off of the platter (or put it on the platter) while the platter is spinning gives me anxiety
      1. geistvox, Enaz Fox, bshikari and 4 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. dbarila
        dbarila
        I've seen people say that's how you're supposed to do it because stopping and starting the platter wears down the motor faster.
        Oct 4, 2017
        Morgan likes this.
      4. Morgan
        Morgan
        Why? I do it all the time as I have a separate unit that controls RPM and is better to keep it running rather than start and stop for the 5 sec it takes to flip.
        Oct 4, 2017
      5. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Maybe it’s the new hipster vinyl version of the fixxie. Tricky.
        Oct 4, 2017
    3. chrb98
      chrb98
      We need more live rap albums like Late Orchestration. Wayyy more.
    4. chrb98
      chrb98
      Liking the new forum revamp!
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
    5. chrb98
      chrb98
      It's a shame the official VMP Tumblr has presumably been abandoned, would love to see it have more activity someday!
      1. Tyr and GritNGlitter like this.
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        I use my Tumblr to drink from. Lot's of activity.
        Sep 26, 2017
        GritNGlitter likes this.
      4. Tyr
        Tyr
        Its all about that IG life yo!
        Sep 26, 2017
        Eric and Gatorjim like this.
      5. Woob_woob
        Woob_woob
        I just thought all of Tumblr has been abandoned
        Sep 26, 2017
    6. chrb98
      chrb98
      Piñata still bumps, we definitely need another MadGibbs project soon. And another Gibbs x Gucci track
      1. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        Bandana is the name of it. Gibbs was talking about in interviews for 'You Only Live 2wice'. Hoping we get exclusives now that VMP and Madlib have a connection with @a-b
        Sep 26, 2017
      2. Andrewlr
        Andrewlr
        Piñata and Old are probably my two favorite hip hop albums of this decade! Straight killer no filler
        Sep 26, 2017
    7. chrb98
      chrb98
      Kingsman 2 verdict: "It's fine!"
      1. gouis
        gouis
        Concur
        Sep 24, 2017
        chrb98 likes this.
      2. yrself
        yrself
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        Sep 24, 2017
        chrb98 likes this.
    8. chrb98
      chrb98
      Of all the people whove used the triplet flow over the past few years I think Kevin Barnes was the absolute last person I expected to do it
    9. chrb98
      chrb98
      That moment when the person buying from you on Discogs lives 3 streets down from you... he's getting free door delivery service for sure xD
      1. Enoch
        Enoch
        neat (and a little stalker-ish?)
        Sep 21, 2017
        CAPacelli likes this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        @Enoch lol I definitely checked with him first to see if he was ok with that, and he gave the go-ahead. Would be pretty weird if I just showed up unannounced, dropped a record off, and left haha!
        Sep 21, 2017
      3. Isaac Q. Horton
        Isaac Q. Horton
        This happened once, but with a roommate of a friends. (Who lived in the room that I know live in). Wild.
        Sep 21, 2017
    10. chrb98
      chrb98
      I can already tell Betty Padgett is gonna be spending a LOT of time on the platter... beautiful vinyl + beautiful music = lots of spinning!
      1. bettim84, LeeVing, twentytwo and 3 others like this.
    11. chrb98
      chrb98
      Yeah... it's decided. Definitely picking up Blowing Session tomorrow
      1. lee newman and Tillman like this.
      2. bshikari
        bshikari
        It's phenomenal. Finally picked up that Eddie Gale tonight (I was afraid they wouldn't last until the store opens) and I'm most likely picking up either Griffin, Monk, or JuJu to complement it.
        Sep 17, 2017
        lee newman likes this.
    12. chrb98
      chrb98
      Hope FedEx just forgot to scan the package somewhere, or else my VMP box has been sitting in Kansas for 50 hours. Leaning towards latter..
      1. LeeVing and Santi Chacin like this.
      3. Enoch
        Enoch
        @LeeVing mine must have been on the same truck mine clocked in at 2:18
        Sep 15, 2017
        LeeVing likes this.
      4. chrb98
        chrb98
        Mine was scanned right around the same time as y'alls, at 2:01 on Wednesday. Well, at least it's good to know that our boxes aren't lonely :P
        Sep 15, 2017
        LeeVing likes this.
      5. Enoch
        Enoch
        Still no new scans on mine, the delivery date hasn't changed so I am still hopeful that they just missed scanning it
        Sep 16, 2017
    13. chrb98
      chrb98
      "I can think of nothing but getting my revenge, make those fuckers pay!" It's that time again when I say Paralytic Stalks is a masterpiece
      1. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        There's blood in my hair
        Sep 13, 2017
        chrb98 likes this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        The proggy experimental take on Of Montreal's typical pop-funk style turned a lot of people off to this album but I think its AMAZING, and one of the finest things Barnes ever made. Ye Renew The Plaintiff can go toe-to-toe with TPIAGA as the band's best song ever. If you like pop music with obvious influences from prog rock, neoclassical, and sound collages, and you dont know this masterpiece, change that ASAP!
        Sep 13, 2017
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        @kickerofelves the aggressive drums at the end of that song with Kevin repeating that lyric over and over is one of the standout moments on the album IMO!
        Sep 13, 2017
    14. chrb98
      chrb98
      Johnny Griffin - A Blowing Session is the 2nd album in VMP's Blue Note reissue series, right? Or is it the 3rd?
      1. lee newman likes this.
      2. The_Stoned_Ape
        The_Stoned_Ape
        2nd. Eddie Gale was the first.
        Sep 13, 2017
        chrb98, lee newman and Mr Moore like this.
    15. chrb98
      chrb98
      Discogs etiquette Q: seller accidentally sent wrong pressing of album, VERY quickly and graciously refunded, apologized profusely. (cont.)..
      1. View previous comments...
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        Thanks for the opnions y'all. I was planning on leaving positive anyway, but didn't know if there was some unwritten rule about not doing so in situations like that. It was definitely an honest and understandable mistake, and he's been super nice about it, so positive is well earned
        Sep 1, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      3. nolady
        nolady
        I would absolutely leave positive feedback and explain everything in the comments.
        Sep 1, 2017
      4. LeeVing
        LeeVing
        yeah...positive is what I would do. He refunded and did everything correctly. That's also what people like to see in the feedback, that if something does come up like this, how do they handle it.
        Sep 1, 2017
    16. chrb98
      chrb98
      AJJ rocked my face off. It's gone now. They rocked it away
      1. mcherry likes this.
    17. chrb98
      chrb98
      AJJ in Portland tonight!
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
    18. chrb98
      chrb98
      Wasn't too impressed by it on my first listen, but "The Underside of Power" could possibly end up being my AOTY..
      1. teee likes this.
    19. chrb98
      chrb98
      I could've sworn one of the Shabazz Palaces albums in the store was delayed till next month, but I have both in my package, so... score?
      1. Jkeech
        Jkeech
        Yeah I got that email too but ended up with both in my package. I guess the email was premature.
        Aug 17, 2017
    20. chrb98
      chrb98
      Bedouine, Waxahatchee, The National... man, I can't wait for my VMP box to arrive tomorrow! So many great albums to spin
      1. bohnjaggs and this_unfolds like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    March 26