craigdino
Last Activity:
Apr 19, 2018 at 11:02 PM
Birthday:
Mar 20, 1984 (Age: 34)

Share This Page

craigdino

Well-Known Member, Male, 34, from Denver

I can't make it out to RSD this year because I am on Dad duty while the wife works :( Any of the good people here want to help a Dad out? :) Apr 17, 2018 at 8:53 AM

craigdino was last seen:
Apr 19, 2018 at 11:02 PM
    1. craigdino
      craigdino
      B/w @Mather and I we could start our own secondhand store of warped and scratched vinyl. He handles north of the Border, I handle south.
      1. Mather, ThePakoBuelna and Skalap like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Mather
        Mather
        Copy 4 of Davis Coltrane on the way... WHAT'S IT GUNNA BE WORLD? WHAT'S IT GONNA BE?
        Apr 18, 2018 at 4:55 PM
        craigdino likes this.
      4. craigdino
        craigdino
        Make sure you are at least 5 drinks in when you open it.
        Apr 18, 2018 at 5:11 PM
        Mather likes this.
      5. Mather
        Mather
        Yes this is a necessity to handle the VMP unboxing stages of grief. Excitement, apprehension, fear, initial relief, creeping dread, horrible horrible realization, resignation, enjoyment.
        Apr 18, 2018 at 5:23 PM
        craigdino likes this.
    2. craigdino
      craigdino
      1. tvham, mdmost, Enaz Fox and 1 other person like this.
      2. mdmost
        mdmost
        VMP The National meet up?
        Apr 17, 2018 at 11:53 AM
        tvham and craigdino like this.
      3. craigdino
        craigdino
        Sounds inevitable
        Apr 17, 2018 at 11:54 AM
        tvham likes this.
      4. tvham
        tvham
        I'm so tempted to come out for this but I'll be flying from SF to see Jason Isbell at Red Rocks in September, I don't think I can justify another midweek trip for a show.
        Apr 17, 2018 at 12:18 PM
        craigdino likes this.
    3. craigdino
      craigdino
      I can't make it out to RSD this year because I am on Dad duty while the wife works :( Any of the good people here want to help a Dad out? :)
      1. ThePakoBuelna likes this.
      3. dbarila
        dbarila
        The National and Arcade Fire are both on my list so I won't be able to grab those. But I'll check on the others when my store posts their list. I have a feeling the people who show up early at my store will be all over RATM though.
        Apr 17, 2018 at 9:44 AM
        craigdino likes this.
      4. craigdino
        craigdino
        Thanks @dbarila I really appreciate any help I can get!
        Apr 17, 2018 at 10:12 AM
      5. dbarila
        dbarila
        No problem! I'll see what I can do!
        Apr 17, 2018 at 11:16 AM
        craigdino likes this.
    4. craigdino
      craigdino
      The National is playing Red Rocks in October. I think I need to go.
      1. tvham and Skalap like this.
      3. bdm105
        bdm105
        That's what I figured.
        Apr 16, 2018 at 6:15 PM
      4. mdmost
        mdmost
        @craigdino Southwest has been more expensive lately. I prefer Love Field. The same ticket is a $40 more but I do like the faster access. I told my wife I had to go if The National or Ryan Adams played RR. RA is there when we're on vacation. Welp...The National it is
        Apr 16, 2018 at 7:08 PM
        craigdino likes this.
      5. roger
        roger
        grabbed presale tickets for their show at the palladium this morning.
        Apr 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM
    5. craigdino
      craigdino
      It's been a month and I finally have a flat playable copy of Miles/Coltrane! I can enjoy this amazing music and not worry about my tonearm
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Mather
        Mather
        I mean I literally just emailed and sent them video of six different warps and scratches on my seven album box this month. If I ask for a fourth they might just ban me
        Apr 16, 2018 at 3:29 PM
        ThePakoBuelna and craigdino like this.
      3. craigdino
        craigdino
        If you send proof they can't refute it.
        Apr 16, 2018 at 3:30 PM
      4. Mather
        Mather
        I know. They've been very good. But honestly, since December. I think I've had something like 15 records replaced. It gets to a point whether or not it's justified that I start feeling bad.
        Apr 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM
        ThePakoBuelna likes this.
    6. craigdino
      craigdino
      Just booked my flight to Toronto for the little bro's bachelor party this summer and holy shit was it expensive.
      1. Santi Chacin likes this.
      3. craigdino
        craigdino
        @Mather My brother really wanted to go Toronto for his bachelor party so who was I to say no as the best man? I used to travel a lot to Canada for work, but surprisingly only through Toronto so I am excited to check out the city. Moment of silence for my wallet tho.
        Apr 11, 2018
        Mather likes this.
      4. Mather
        Mather
        The nightlife here is second to none but yeah... I'll pour one out for your wallet tonight. When you're here maybe check out Sonic Boom Music. Record prices here are such that it's probably not worth it for you to buy much but the store is pretty cool.
        Apr 11, 2018
        craigdino likes this.
      5. craigdino
        craigdino
        Thanks, I'll def try to hit it up!
        Apr 11, 2018
        Mather likes this.
    7. craigdino
      craigdino
      Where the hell is my shipping notice, yo
      1. Enaz Fox and Skalap like this.
      2. Nova
        Nova
        Bottom of the stack, yo. Mine should be here on Wednesday!
        Apr 9, 2018
      3. EmeryRK
        EmeryRK
        Still none for me. One of my records was oversold so, it’s kind of like a shipping notice. Ha
        Apr 9, 2018
      4. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        I haven't gotten an email notice on my last 2 months besides an email saying it was on my doorstep.
        Apr 10, 2018
        craigdino likes this.
    8. craigdino
      craigdino
      Do any records not come with some sort of warping anymore? I feel like every record I get lately has some kind of warp, even if minor
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Mather
        Mather
        I would own a vinyl flat if it didn't cost half a trillion dollars to ship one north of the border. I have no idea how they aren't sold in Canada...
        Apr 9, 2018
        craigdino likes this.
      3. High Rant District
        High Rant District
        I've got two recently arrived records under a heavy stack of books to correct edge warps. I've shifted to CDs for new releases rather than vinyl. I buy a lot of used vinyl though.
        Apr 9, 2018
        Mather and craigdino like this.
      4. High Rant District
        High Rant District
        There are too many pressing plants operating and not enough experienced skilled workers to operate them.
        Apr 9, 2018
        craigdino and Mather like this.
    9. craigdino
      craigdino
      I knew I should have not fired up the new Hop Along album on Spotify this morning.
    10. craigdino
      craigdino
      My replacement copy of Davis/Coltrane looks like a cat ran across the damn thing... like back and forth 20 times.
      1. Mather likes this.
      2. Mather
        Mather
        My first copy had a good scratch on Side A and all sorts of paper fibres embedded in Side C. And my second has a Warp of Disc 1. Still debating whether I ask for a third...
        Apr 5, 2018
        craigdino likes this.
      3. craigdino
        craigdino
        I am on multiple replacements now... I also had warping with disc 1. One of the biggest dish warps I have ever seen.
        Apr 5, 2018
        Mather likes this.
      4. Mather
        Mather
        Yeah I was hoping to make one good set out of the two... My clamp can't do anything with it, it's playable but I can't help but think of the inner groove distortion it's causing... I feel bad asking for a third but... I kinda feel like its justified especially if many others are having the warp issue...
        Apr 5, 2018
        GritNGlitter likes this.
    11. craigdino
      craigdino
      I really effing need The Streets records to come down to a reasonable price in the US.
      1. Mather, DJSJ, bfly and 1 other person like this.
      2. Mather
        Mather
        SAMESIES. The pricing is absolutely bonkers.
        Apr 4, 2018
        craigdino likes this.
    12. craigdino
      craigdino
      Blown away by this Toulouse record every time it hits my TT.
      1. Nova, dbarila, Skalap and 3 others like this.
    13. craigdino
      craigdino
      Anyone have either or both of the Newbury Exclusives for Outkast (Southerplaya and ATLiens) and can attest to their sound quality?
      1. Cloud likes this.
      3. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        I had the RSD version of Southernplaya and will say it wasn't great either (missing tracks aside). I ended up selling it.
        Mar 28, 2018
        Cloud likes this.
      4. craigdino
        craigdino
        @Ryan1310 @Melt Face Molly Drop I have been on the fence about Southerplaya. Thanks for the info. ATLiens is my favorite Outkast record so I will prob cop that one while I can.
        Mar 28, 2018
        Cloud likes this.
      5. Tj.
        Tj.
        I have both. Neither is great but neither is terrible either. I don't think they are any worse than any other version you might find.
        Mar 28, 2018
        Cloud and craigdino like this.
    14. craigdino
      craigdino
      Need advice,Stupid ?, high value record coming my way.Standard mailer/records outside of sleeve or larger VMP box in bubble wrap? Help!
      1. Nathaniel D. and JonnyH like this.
      2. JonnyH
        JonnyH
        Whatever you think is the most reasonable packaging for it's value. When I traded for the most valuable record in my collection you're damn right I went overboard on the packaging of what I sent in the other direction.
        Mar 21, 2018
        EmeryRK, nolady, notgabewhite and 3 others like this.
      3. nolady
        nolady
        The couple times I've gotten records that were over $40--which I consider higher value, I've gotten them in standard mailers with record out side of sleeve (in a disc keeper or equivalent) with a piece or two of small bubble bubble wrap plus an extra piece of cardboard. I think it would also be acceptable in the larger box with extra cardboard and bubble wrap with disc out side of sleeve.
        Mar 22, 2018
      4. EmeryRK
        EmeryRK
        If you’re paying good money for a record, the seller should adhere to what you ask. When I bought The Social Network, I asked for records outside the sleeve, high quality sleeves for the LPs, oversized box with bubble wrap and taped up. Signature on delivery, too. It’s a high value piece. Needs to be perfect. :)
        Mar 22, 2018
    15. craigdino
      craigdino
      Damn, John Moreland's "Break My Heart Sweetly" is insanely beautiful... and devastating.
      1. twentytwo, teee, TCell and 2 others like this.
      3. slugr8
        slugr8
        He has been playing live shows with a full band since his last album came out.
        Mar 21, 2018
        twentytwo, craigdino and Corycm like this.
      4. Corycm
        Corycm
        I've seen him twice now, but it was before the last album and he was by himself. I'd love to see him again with a backing band - hope he swings through here.
        Mar 21, 2018
        twentytwo, GritNGlitter and craigdino like this.
      5. Kris
        Kris
        That song makes me tear up every time. I’d love to catch him in concert someday!
        Mar 21, 2018
    16. craigdino
      craigdino
      Yesterday was my birthday and I didn't buy a record. Strength in which I didn't know I was capable of....
      1. Corycm
        Corycm
        QUICK BUY ONE BEFORE THEY REVOKE YOUR BIRTHDAY
        Mar 21, 2018
      2. Aron
        Aron
        If this post were a television spot, it would have had the chorus from Katy Perry's 'Roar' playing behind it.
        Mar 21, 2018
        Nathaniel D., Corycm and craigdino like this.
      3. Mr Moore
        Mr Moore
        Hope you had a good day, clearly not perfect but good nonetheless!
        Mar 21, 2018
        Nathaniel D. and craigdino like this.
    17. craigdino
      craigdino
      Just bumped 2pac's "Life Goes On" and it gave me all the feels.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 20, 1984 (Age: 34)

Signature