Sooooooo many Records to clean.
      1. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        You're giving me cleanxiety
        Dec 9, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Tomorrow I’m gonna post (Fresh Grabs thread) all the vinyl I’ve gotten since we started building/running the new shop. It’s a pile.
        Dec 9, 2017
        lee newman likes this.
    2. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      So many new records to clean and add to Discogs. I hate being too busy to vinyl.
      1. lee newman, this_unfolds, 6od and 5 others like this.
      2. Santi Chacin
        Santi Chacin
        aint that the truth
        Dec 4, 2017
        this_unfolds and Gatorjim like this.
      3. nolady
        nolady
        But you've just opened a sweet shop, so you can't be all that mad.
        Dec 4, 2017
        this_unfolds and Gatorjim like this.
    3. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Albert Claws Up
      1. Santi Chacin, Enaz Fox and Jake! like this.
    4. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Dear Santee, your goodies made it safely across the vast ocean and will be at my house today. You lucky Santee.
      1. 6od, this_unfolds, Goatfish and 5 others like this.
    5. Gatorjim
    6. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Girls.....Carolina....again....so good
    7. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      1. nolady, Enaz Fox and Yer Ol' Uncle D like this.
      2. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yes. We shall smite these and no one will ever know they were here in the first place.
        Nov 21, 2017
        Enaz Fox and Gatorjim like this.
      3. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        What you been up to friendo?
        Nov 21, 2017
        Enaz Fox likes this.
    8. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      My copy of Link Wray seems to be completely sealed on all four sides. Someone tell me I’m not that damn drunk.
      1. nolady, Enaz Fox, 6od and 1 other person like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Psymon
        Psymon
        Actually, I’ll spin that Zeppelin boot I found digging with you and Nels. It’s so awesome, and every time I listen to it, I think how cool that this silly vinyl club led to us meeting in real life.
        Nov 21, 2017
      4. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Silly me too. Friends 4evah.
        Nov 21, 2017
        Enaz Fox and Psymon like this.
      5. Psymon
        Psymon
        As the song goes at the end of Lego Batman, “Best friends! Friends are the best! Best friends! Friends are the best!”
        Nov 22, 2017
    9. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Damn, I can’t wait for my Polygondwanaland vinyl to get here! It’s amazing.
      1. Enoch
        Enoch
        still haven't listen to it yet, still don't have my system unpacked :(
        Nov 21, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Ugh Travis. Might be their best, forget the distro model and the quickness of the release. Just incredible. Seems like a return to more Paper Mache-ish psych rock that I just love.
        Nov 21, 2017
      3. Enoch
        Enoch
        well I am off all day Thursday and Friday so there should be a good opportunity for me to get some stuff unpacked and set up. They set up is the issue right now.
        Nov 21, 2017
        nasa_life, Gatorjim and lee newman like this.
    10. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      A customer brought in some dirty used Records to play on our work T/T. Nope, but I’ll take them home and clean them for you.
      1. Jake!, HiFi Guy, Vebberim and 5 others like this.
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        @nolady my inner voice was on a megaphone from the top of the mountain. My customer service voice was less loud. He has a Crosley too so yeah...
        Nov 15, 2017
        HiFi Guy and nolady like this.
      4. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        maybe get a cheap Crosley that customers can use for their dirty records so you don't have to wreck your good set.
        Nov 15, 2017
        nolady, Goatfish and Gatorjim like this.
      5. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        When the Mofi Enzyme solution makes a big puddle on the vinyl you KNOW that’s some filthy mess.
        Nov 15, 2017
        HiFi Guy likes this.
    11. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      How’s tricks my peeps?
      1. nolady, lee newman, Enaz Fox and 2 others like this.
      3. Siglet
        Siglet
        What’s up Jim? Ready for the coaching carousel?
        Nov 11, 2017
        Enaz Fox and bdm105 like this.
      4. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        Hope all is well for you Jim!
        Nov 11, 2017
        lee newman likes this.
      5. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        I’m ok guys. Tomorrow I’m taking my first day off in 3 weeks. Finally have spot going, people working and things going in the right direction. Wish my Gators were better though.
        Nov 11, 2017
        Siglet and Enaz Fox like this.
    12. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      I think I need to spin something on the work turntable
      1. ayayrawn, Psymon, lee newman and 2 others like this.
    13. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Hey guys, I just posted some pix of what I've been doing these past weeks in the VMP Cafe. Hope you enjoy them.
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
      2. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        Thanks for the insight! Really cool to see what you've been working so hard on. When my girlfriend and I finally take our eventual trip to Florida, even though I don't vape, I'll have to stop by and check it out! Coffee bar looks sweet!
        Oct 31, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Thanks buddy! Come see me!
        Oct 31, 2017
        Enaz Fox likes this.
    14. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Been busting booty the past 6 weeks or so. Been tired and sore working to get our new store open. Missed you goofballs.
      1. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        I've been hoping everything is ok on your end but with the periodical pop ins I figured you were alright! Can't wait to see you around a bit more often again, miss ya pal!
        Oct 29, 2017
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Thanks buddy. I’ll get a few pix of the shop and post them in the cafe.
        Oct 29, 2017
        this_unfolds, lee newman and Enaz Fox like this.
    15. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Where does “Meddle” rank for you? I have it 5th or 6th. Everything starts somewhere.
      1. lee newman likes this.
      3. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        It's funny how things cycle. In my high school daze it was all DSOTM and The Wall. Those are the two I reach for the least now - burned out on 'em. They do get played before any Waterless PF though. When the band splintered that new stuff never did it for me. So Meddle is up there.
        Oct 25, 2017
        Enaz Fox, Psymon, Gatorjim and 2 others like this.
      4. Ed Selley
        Ed Selley
        I DEMAND MORE LOVE FOR OBSCURED BY CLOUDS.
        Oct 25, 2017
        Enaz Fox, Psymon, Gatorjim and 2 others like this.
      5. Psymon
        Psymon
        Hm, WYWH, Animals, Meddle for me. I'm w/ @Yer Ol' Uncle D - burned out on Wall and Darkside.
        Oct 25, 2017
    16. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Record cleaning stalled...no more outers or double inners.
      1. nasa_life and Enaz Fox like this.
    17. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      I know we have a couple of James Madison fans ‘round here. The Dukes are looking good!
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
    18. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Anyone else order up a new Apple TV 4K?
      1. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        My wife and I have had 3 AppleTVs so far (2-4th gen) so we'll probably wait on this one. Maybe when we move.
        Oct 14, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        I have a few 2nd to 4th as well. Love the ATV. 4K and the "rumor" of Amazon Prime Video app finally arriving make it extra attractive to me. I'll report back.
        Oct 14, 2017
        bohnjaggs likes this.
      3. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        I've been playing around with the new Movies Anywhere app today. It used to be Disney only but now it works with several major studios and you can now redeem your ultraviolet codes and they'll show up in iTunes.
        Oct 14, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
    19. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Mister Heavenly's "Dead Duck" reminds me of "Black Monk Time." What can I say?
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
      2. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        Thanks for the rec. The tune I listened to last night was catchy. Will be streaming at work later today or tomorrow!
        Oct 12, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
    20. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Why does Bandsintown send me notifications for concerts in California? Jeez
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        West coast of Florida right?
        Oct 11, 2017
      3. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        nicetry.gif
        Oct 11, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      4. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        It's a pretty inept app. It once told me that Radiohead was playing at the venue down the street from me that holds 550 people. So many people called that venue that they had to put out a statement on facebook, letting them know it was merely a screening of TKOL's Live from the Basement.
        Oct 11, 2017
        Santi Chacin and Gatorjim like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 9, 1958 (Age: 59)
    Old Goat
    I'm not one to share deets online but.....here's something.

Let's start with a confession.

I lie about my birth year online. It's close but no cigar.

I'm a single, uhm, maybe I've aged into a gentahippyman, yeah that's right. Tongue is sharp yet well received, soul is pudgy, mind is, well.., still kinda sharp. This old fart just LOVES, Loves, LOVES music.

The first music I owned was Steppenwolf's, "Steppenwolf." My mom and dad bought me a (tech cells in the ole noggin might be off a little) 4 track tape player for Crhistmas in '69 I think. The player came with that Steppenwolf tape and I think the Everly Brothers also. BOOM! It was on. I saved $$ from mowing grass and bought more of those little tapes, lots of them. Damn, wish I still had them. And hell, some of that money too.

Seems I learned at an early age that you can't put a price on music. "Cause when it's flowing 'tween your ears all bets are off.

I've bought and sold and lost a POOPY pile of 8 tracks, cassettes, LP's and CD's over the years. Wish I still had 'em all. Damn.

So now I'm making up for my complete non-collection of all the scratched beyond belief's, gave it away' s, lost it in the move's, the ex has that POOPY's, god damn where is it's, and OMG why I don't have it's.

Likes (non-music): Go Gators (TP we love you). POOPY get'in cars! Soaking in the tub (yeah ladies....haha), wax candles, technology (right?), analog POOPY, women, linen, cotton, hemp, a pistoli tucked in my waistband, balsamic thank you, steak not chicken, did I mention women? Sherlock and Morse and Poirot and Wallender. Harry Potter. and...frack it. Sooooooooooooo much more

Likes (music): Yoshimi (thanks Wayne, ego tripping is the POOPY), something Bohemian Rhapsody, the Floyd - PLAY SOME FLOYD GODAMIT! Nothing, Dan A and Patrick C., Cars, Byrne, Play it Cold for me, Sir Elton, Jack (that white man), Brothers - ANY - Avett, Allman, Funk, whatever. Headphones. Yes, headphones! Earbuds and Bluetooth is cool too. Did I mention headphones? Dead and their heads, Pete T, Beatle people. Where will it end?

Favorite song? POOPY. Pin me down and make me say uncle. Tonight (5/23/16) it's "The Weight of Lies" by The Avett Brothers. Fucxzxz, I can listen to it all f'ing night. Aero planes anyone?

Oh, and "Without You" by Harry N. Kinda rocks the poop outa me anytime. Damn, f it, the whole Schmilsson album is so f*cking absurdly good. Dayum. Put it on, use headphones.

I'm LCD too. Love LCD. There's no age or time for music right?

Found VMP about a year ago, got hooked, bought a couple of turntables and a bunch of records. I'm trying to break a hundred now. Acquired 82 (5/22/16) in the last year

I sit in the space between my amp,and my chair. The spaces requires that I use an extension cable if Iwant to listen with headphones. Of course I want to listen with phones, jeez. A boy has to do what a boy has to do.

Is there ever enough? Nope! Never enough music in my life.

Did I mention headphones?

How about "Without You" by Harry N.? Do it, try it, do it!

Anyway, as I sit on my chair listening to "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" while writing this, I'm happy to share some of my life with you. I'd like to know many of you on VMP. Seems like a great forum for me.

Rock On.

Jim

Signature

"The Analog Sound Fills the Room" #TeamCurmudgeonly

My Humble Discogs Collection