Last Activity:
Oct 17, 2017 at 9:59 PM
Birthday:
Jan 9, 1958 (Age: 59)
Old Goat

Share This Page

Gatorjim

Well-Known Member, Male, 59, from Winter Haven, FL

Record cleaning stalled...no more outers or double inners. Oct 15, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Gatorjim was last seen:
Oct 17, 2017 at 9:59 PM
    1. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Record cleaning stalled...no more outers or double inners.
      1. nasa_life and Enaz Fox like this.
    2. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      I know we have a couple of James Madison fans ‘round here. The Dukes are looking good!
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
    3. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Anyone else order up a new Apple TV 4K?
      1. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        My wife and I have had 3 AppleTVs so far (2-4th gen) so we'll probably wait on this one. Maybe when we move.
        Oct 14, 2017 at 2:32 PM
        Gatorjim likes this.
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        I have a few 2nd to 4th as well. Love the ATV. 4K and the "rumor" of Amazon Prime Video app finally arriving make it extra attractive to me. I'll report back.
        Oct 14, 2017 at 2:44 PM
        bohnjaggs likes this.
      3. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        I've been playing around with the new Movies Anywhere app today. It used to be Disney only but now it works with several major studios and you can now redeem your ultraviolet codes and they'll show up in iTunes.
        Oct 14, 2017 at 3:55 PM
        Gatorjim likes this.
    4. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Mister Heavenly's "Dead Duck" reminds me of "Black Monk Time." What can I say?
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
      2. Enaz Fox
        Enaz Fox
        Thanks for the rec. The tune I listened to last night was catchy. Will be streaming at work later today or tomorrow!
        Oct 12, 2017 at 10:24 AM
        Gatorjim likes this.
    5. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Why does Bandsintown send me notifications for concerts in California? Jeez
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        West coast of Florida right?
        Oct 11, 2017 at 7:56 PM
      3. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        nicetry.gif
        Oct 11, 2017 at 8:03 PM
        Gatorjim likes this.
      4. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        It's a pretty inept app. It once told me that Radiohead was playing at the venue down the street from me that holds 550 people. So many people called that venue that they had to put out a statement on facebook, letting them know it was merely a screening of TKOL's Live from the Basement.
        Oct 11, 2017 at 9:07 PM
        Santi Chacin and Gatorjim like this.
    6. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      I’m digging this Mister Heavenly
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
    7. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Congrats Tiger friends. That was a fist fight.....as usual
      1. Eric likes this.
    8. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      1. Mr Moore, lee newman and Enaz Fox like this.
      2. thestorfer
        thestorfer
        Thanks man
        Oct 7, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
    9. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      King Gizzard = Shipped
      1. Christopher and Enaz Fox like this.
    10. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      The Killers “Wonderful Wonderful” isn’t really. A five year wait for meh.
      1. GritNGlitter, AnthonyI, 6od and 6 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. indiemisanthrope
        indiemisanthrope
        We had a couple of hours in the car yesterday. Turned it off halfway through when we realized it was making no impression on us at all.
        Sep 24, 2017
        6od, lee newman and Gatorjim like this.
      4. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Yeah, it’s like eating Minute Rice
        Sep 24, 2017
        GritNGlitter, Eric and lee newman like this.
      5. 6od
        6od
        unfortch agree.
        Sep 24, 2017
        GritNGlitter and Gatorjim like this.
    11. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      And.....the shingle fairy came today too. New phone and roof all patched up. Banner day.
      1. Corycm
        Corycm
        Oh the ROOF shingle fairy. You don't want the other one. Not at all. Unpleasant. Glad to hear things are getting back to normal.
        Sep 22, 2017
        Kima, Enaz Fox, LeeVing and 1 other person like this.
      2. LeeVing
        LeeVing
        I was worried, too. Glad you don't have Shingles.
        Sep 22, 2017
        Enaz Fox, Gatorjim and bohnjaggs like this.
    12. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      iPhone 8+ all setup. I can’t find a big fire to throw the Android phone into. I’ll keep looking.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        No pix yet. It’s actually still downloading apps. I’m looking forward to the camera though. The wireless charging is shit hot too.
        Sep 22, 2017
        Heath likes this.
      3. Enoch
        Enoch
        I will get whatever replaces the X next year as I bought the 7 plus and don’t feel the need to upgrade every year
        Sep 22, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      4. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Upgrading yearly isn’t for me either. This one should last me a while. I had the 6 for quite a while.
        Sep 22, 2017
    13. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      1. Tillman likes this.
      2. Tillman
        Tillman
        I saw this in a JNR email I got last night -- I like this note, "If the only turntable you own is a Crosley, do not buy this record. "
        Sep 22, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      3. Heath
        Heath
        I like their disclaimer re: the price...guys we SWEAR this is gonna be worth SO MUCH on Discogs soon!
        Sep 22, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      4. Heath
        Heath
        Also, "bell-less splash technology" = we just made a flat metal record but we really want to call it a cymbal for marketing purposes. (i actually think this is really cool, but found the listing really funny for some reason)
        Sep 22, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
    14. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Got the turntable for the Vape Cafe today. This is gonna be fun.
    15. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Walk off TD made #1 Play of the Day. Go GATORS
      1. bdm105 likes this.
      2. bdm105
        bdm105
        ♪♫♪♫Rockytop you'll always be last in the SEC, sticky pudding you rocky top,(wooo) worst in the SEC. ♪♫♪♫
        Sep 17, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
    16. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      I’m gonna carry the torch until @Mr Moore gets the fuuck up..
      1. teee, Enaz Fox and Mr Moore like this.
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Sep 17, 2017
        Enaz Fox and Mr Moore like this.
      3. Mr Moore
        Mr Moore
        I'm here bruv, late start Sunday then straight into raspberry picking.
        Sep 17, 2017
        teee, mcherry, Enaz Fox and 1 other person like this.
      4. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Off to never never land for me ten. Thanks, you got it.
        Sep 17, 2017
        Enaz Fox and Mr Moore like this.
    17. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      1. auttiegrace likes this.
      2. auttiegrace
        auttiegrace
        Lemonade issdssd fope tho
        Sep 17, 2017
        teee and mcherry like this.
      3. auttiegrace
        auttiegrace
        Is dope ***^
        Sep 17, 2017
        teee and mcherry like this.
    18. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      I wish I could always remember which was left and right on the cans. Damn. Always have to look. Hahaha
      1. Mr Moore likes this.
    19. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      Damn.... go Missy State
      1. Eric and LeeVing like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Honestly, I felt some joy seeing that face. Media darlings fall again. See you in Title Town
        Sep 16, 2017
      4. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        My Tide is not the number one team int the country. We have issues and I believe we are in for a dog fight next week against Vanderbilt.
        Sep 16, 2017
      5. LeeVing
        LeeVing
        My daughter just happened to wear a Bulldogs shirt the other day. My mom lives in Mississippi, so she buys her a bunch of those college clothes.
        Sep 16, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
    20. Gatorjim
      Gatorjim
      OMG....Walk off TD
      1. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Go GATORS
        Sep 16, 2017
        Eric and Enaz Fox like this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Loved it! Tennessee has won a lot of games like that in the past year, so it was nice to see the tables turned.
        Sep 16, 2017
        Gatorjim likes this.
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        It’s our first walk off since.....yep, you guessed it, two years ago against Rocky Top. So Sweet
        Sep 16, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 9, 1958 (Age: 59)
    Old Goat
    I'm not one to share deets online but.....here's something.

Let's start with a confession.

I lie about my birth year online. It's close but no cigar.

I'm a single, uhm, maybe I've aged into a gentahippyman, yeah that's right. Tongue is sharp yet well received, soul is pudgy, mind is, well.., still kinda sharp. This old fart just LOVES, Loves, LOVES music.

The first music I owned was Steppenwolf's, "Steppenwolf." My mom and dad bought me a (tech cells in the ole noggin might be off a little) 4 track tape player for Crhistmas in '69 I think. The player came with that Steppenwolf tape and I think the Everly Brothers also. BOOM! It was on. I saved $$ from mowing grass and bought more of those little tapes, lots of them. Damn, wish I still had them. And hell, some of that money too.

Seems I learned at an early age that you can't put a price on music. "Cause when it's flowing 'tween your ears all bets are off.

I've bought and sold and lost a shit pile of 8 tracks, cassettes, LP's and CD's over the years. Wish I still had 'em all. Damn.

So now I'm making up for my complete non-collection of all the scratched beyond belief's, gave it away' s, lost it in the move's, the ex has that shit's, god damn where is it's, and OMG why I don't have it's.

Likes (non-music): Go Gators (TP we love you). Shit get'in cars! Soaking in the tub (yeah ladies....haha), wax candles, technology (right?), analog shit, women, linen, cotton, hemp, a pistoli tucked in my waistband, balsamic thank you, steak not chicken, did I mention women? Sherlock and Morse and Poirot and Wallender. Harry Potter. and...frack it. Sooooooooooooo much more

Likes (music): Yoshimi (thanks Wayne, ego tripping is the shit), something Bohemian Rhapsody, the Floyd - PLAY SOME FLOYD GODAMIT! Nothing, Dan A and Patrick C., Cars, Byrne, Play it Cold for me, Sir Elton, Jack (that white man), Brothers - ANY - Avett, Allman, Funk, whatever. Headphones. Yes, headphones! Earbuds and Bluetooth is cool too. Did I mention headphones? Dead and their heads, Pete T, Beatle people. Where will it end?

Favorite song? Shit. Pin me down and make me say uncle. Tonight (5/23/16) it's "The Weight of Lies" by The Avett Brothers. Fucxzxz, I can listen to it all f'ing night. Aero planes anyone?

Oh, and "Without You" by Harry N. Kinda rocks the poop outa me anytime. Damn, f it, the whole Schmilsson album is so f*cking absurdly good. Dayum. Put it on, use headphones.

I'm LCD too. Love LCD. There's no age or time for music right?

Found VMP about a year ago, got hooked, bought a couple of turntables and a bunch of records. I'm trying to break a hundred now. Acquired 82 (5/22/16) in the last year

I sit in the space between my amp,and my chair. The spaces requires that I use an extension cable if Iwant to listen with headphones. Of course I want to listen with phones, jeez. A boy has to do what a boy has to do.

Is there ever enough? Nope! Never enough music in my life.

Did I mention headphones?

How about "Without You" by Harry N.? Do it, try it, do it!

Anyway, as I sit on my chair listening to "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" while writing this, I'm happy to share some of my life with you. I'd like to know many of you on VMP. Seems like a great forum for me.

Rock On.

Jim

Signature

"The Analog Sound Fills the Room" #TeamCurmudgeonly

My Humble Discogs Collection