twentytwo
Last Activity:
Sep 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Birthday:
Jun 10, 1980 (Age: 37)

Share This Page

twentytwo

Well-Known Member, Male, 37

I am not a rap fan in general minus maybe some 2PAC but decided on a whim to listen to Noname's Tiny Desk Concert. Holy hell she's amazing. Sep 21, 2017 at 8:35 AM

twentytwo was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Sep 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM
    1. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      I am not a rap fan in general minus maybe some 2PAC but decided on a whim to listen to Noname's Tiny Desk Concert. Holy hell she's amazing.
    2. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      If you like history and learning about complicated things I can't recommend Ken Burns "The Vietnam War" on PBS enough.
      1. Santi Chacin and CAPacelli like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        Is it streaming anywhere or just OTA?
        Sep 18, 2017 at 3:55 PM
      4. DavidA
        DavidA
        @CAPacelli , it should be on PBS.org to stream. Most of their new content is available there.
        Sep 18, 2017 at 3:56 PM
        twentytwo and CAPacelli like this.
      5. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        @DavidA Me Either, looking forward to it tonight.
        Sep 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM
        DavidA likes this.
    3. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Dark Side of the Gym is in my top five National songs ever. That's pretty impressive considering how many great songs I think they have.
      1. BenMal, swamp and GritNGlitter like this.
      2. swamp
        swamp
        It's so good. My wife and I love it.
        Sep 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM
        twentytwo likes this.
      3. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Yeah, sorry but, that’s saying nothing. Oops, I said I wouldn’t comment on The National any more....sorry.
        Sep 17, 2017 at 12:09 AM
    4. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        You can't wrong with any Josh Ritter album, I celebrate the dude's entire catalog.
        Sep 14, 2017
        GritNGlitter likes this.
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        Looking forward to this one. Still can't believe I had a ticket to him and Isbell that I literally couldn't give away last year.
        Sep 14, 2017
      4. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        @Corycm Right? It tragically didn't include a plane ticket, or I would have been there.
        Sep 14, 2017
        Corycm likes this.
    5. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      This new National record is definitely a grower. Gets better with each listen for sure.
      1. BenMal, Gatorjim, wokeupnew and 2 others like this.
      2. Gatorjim
        Gatorjim
        Probably best if I just avoid comments on The National from here on out.
        Sep 13, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      3. BenMal
        BenMal
        The initial tracks I didn't love are now my favorites (looking at you specifically, Born To Beg).
        Sep 13, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      4. BenMal
        BenMal
        I mean, I'll Still Destroy You is still my overall favorite though I think.
        Sep 13, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
    6. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Jessi Zazu of Those Darlins died this morning. Just a heartbreaking story. Those Darlins were the Nashville music scene when it was nothing.
    7. Tj.
      Tj.
      Good call on that David Ramirez album! I enjoyed it a lot.
      1. twentytwo, Enaz Fox and teee like this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Glad you liked it. He's one of my favorite singer-songwriters. He's coming to Slowdown on November 30th. I'm definitely going to go see him.
        Sep 9, 2017
        teee and Tj. like this.
      3. teee
        teee
        Holy crap. Yes, this is good. This is very good.
        Sep 9, 2017
        Tj. likes this.
    8. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Best songs on the new National record are Dark Side of the Gym and Walk it Back. Fact!
      1. BenMal, wokeupnew and hokeydokey like this.
      2. Enoch
        Enoch
        I really liked Walk It Back when I heard it live in 2015, I still like it but a little sad they slowed it down for the album
        Sep 8, 2017
    9. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Went to South Dakota this weekend, without a doubt one of the coolest places I've been in the USA. Really beautiful and fun place to visit!
      1. wokeupnew and Eric like this.
      2. Enoch
        Enoch
        what part?
        Sep 5, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      3. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Badlands, Black Hills, Custer State Park and Mt. Rushmore. Wanted to get to Deadwood but didn't have enough time to do everything.
        Sep 6, 2017
      4. Enoch
        Enoch
        That is the part I have been to, it is my understanding we made the right choice
        Sep 6, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
    10. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Just had the worse experience with Amazon ever. Done pre-ordering from them, I will just buy deals from now on.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        The chat person just seemed like oh well quit your complaining. I know it's first world problems but I just didn't seem valued as a customer. All they could say was, we will pass your feedback along.
        Sep 1, 2017
      3. Enoch
        Enoch
        You can complain about the prime thing and get free prime, they do have a pre-order timeframe but it is really short (I agree it is too short too)
        Sep 1, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      4. LeeVing
        LeeVing
        My gripe is the "Guaranteed" shipping, that doesn't get here on time. I get Prime free shipping anyway, so at most I get a dollar credit to spend on digital music or something. I usually don't waste my time.
        Sep 2, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
    11. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      The new Lilly Hiatt record is my favorite record this year, but the new David Ramirez record We're Not Going Anywhere might just be better.
      1. AnthonyI, teee and lee newman like this.
    12. twentytwo
      1. Taylor likes this.
      3. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        You are exactly right. I'll be honest, I can't comprehend it the devastation across the board and what something like this does to the environment, obviously the humanitarian portion goes without saying.
        Aug 28, 2017
        Taylor likes this.
      4. Taylor
        Taylor
        I can't really comprehend it either tbh. This is going to go down as one of the worst disasters ever. Possibly worse than Hurricane Katrina. I am very scared to hear the body count.
        Aug 28, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      5. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        I think you are right, I have a feeling they are going to find people who've drowned in attics before it is all said in done.
        Aug 28, 2017
    13. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      I'm going on record to say that the new Lilly Hiatt album "Trinity Lane" is my favorite album of the year. It's outstanding.
      1. teee, Tyr, Corycm and 1 other person like this.
      3. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        The singles have been great but my favorite song on the album is Records. I decided to order from Amazon but I haven't got a shipping notice yet unfortunately.
        Aug 24, 2017
      4. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        @Yer Ol' Uncle D Yes she does and her story is very interesting. She has seem to overcome a lot in life!
        Aug 24, 2017
      5. Corycm
        Corycm
        I've said this elsewhere, but I think this album is where she surpasses her dad as a performer.
        Aug 24, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
    14. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      1. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite records of the year.
        Aug 17, 2017
    15. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      I hate living in the middle of nowhere. Lots of things to dislike in Nashville like traffic, but their concert calendar isn't one of them.
      1. Corycm, GritNGlitter and auttiegrace like this.
    16. twentytwo
      1. nolady likes this.
      2. indiemisanthrope
        indiemisanthrope
        Just finished. I thought it was pretty fantastic. Sturgill-level, which stands to reason.
        Jul 27, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      3. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Jul 27, 2017
    17. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Another name to add to your Howdy Pardner Vinyl Me Please list is Parker Millsap. Amazing lyrics and him and his band rule.
      1. Corycm
        Corycm
        I feel like he got nominated all over the damn place at the Americana awards last year.
        Jul 21, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        He got nominated for Americana Album of The Year in 2016 but I still don't think he gets the credit he deserves. He is big in certain circles but still far from the mainstream. I saw him in Omaha last week in a venue that holds maybe a 100 people.
        Jul 21, 2017
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        I believe it. I've heard the name a million times, but never an album. I should fix that.
        Jul 21, 2017
        twentytwo likes this.
    18. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Can I just say I have had the worse experience with TopSpin Media fulfillment company ever. Completely incompetent, avoid at all costs.
    19. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      New Jason Isbell is up on NPR First Listen. Thank you NPR for making my Monday much more bearable.
      1. GritNGlitter and teee like this.
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        This one is gonna be hard. I wanna listen, but I think I'm gonna hold off until I hear the vinyl. ALSO just found out last week - on the indie songbook version? 400 are randomly autographed. Fingers crossed for you all (and me).
        Jun 12, 2017
      4. teee
        teee
        First listen through. This is going to be a top album for me this year. Hatbird - you are missing out on 4 additional days with this album. ;)
        Jun 12, 2017
        twentytwo and Wolfman Jack like this.
      5. Corycm
        Corycm
        I know. But my work earbuds suck and streaming a whole album might set off alarms for the bandwidth gestapo. I will go home and listen to the RSD album again. Now someone find me the RSD 7" with him + Elizabeth Cook doing Pancho & Lefty, because it's becoming my white whale.
        Jun 12, 2017
        GritNGlitter and twentytwo like this.
    20. twentytwo
      twentytwo
      Listening to the new James Vincent McMorrow True Care on Spotify, So good. I think it is his best work since Early In The Morning.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 10, 1980 (Age: 37)