Come back of The Notorious B.I.G. 'Ready to Die'

Discussion in 'Support and Q&A' started by to_ny, May 18, 2018.

1. to_ny

to_ny New Member

Hi there !

I'm super happy to see the vinyl is coming back from the death.

I thought I missed my chance for good.

But, I'm wondering, how is it possible ? Aren't all the month issues limited in stock ?

Thanks,
    Tony

2. DMacanT

DMacanT Well-Known Member

They repress certain AOTM’s. Fugees, Weezer and Beach House comes to mind

3. displayname

displayname Well-Known Member

The club is large enough that no RotM really qualifies as "limited" from what I understand. And as @DMacanT pointed out, several get repressed. But basically if it's been a RotM anytime after Demon Days, it's safe to say at least 20K copies exist.

VMP's inventory also seems to be a bit of a mess sometimes. Albums will often leave the story and come back days, weeks, months, later because "they found another box".
    If a RotM goes out of stock once, it will probably be back. If it's been out of stock 3ish times, and they haven't announced a RP/Restock here, then it might actually be gone for good.

lee newman, Juiceless and DMacanT like this.
  4. to_ny

to_ny New Member

Thanks for the answers !

I'm a little bit surprise that there's no communication about it :-/

I mean, if Demon Days or any other "rare" RotM would be available again, it would be nice to be informed :)

5. displayname

displayname Well-Known Member

We all agree, but nothing is ever as simple as it seems. First there's the business dilemma - do they email, social blast, forum post, banner in the store, banner on the website? Which releases get those treatments and which don't? All that stuff takes time and resources, and for an album that 99% chance is going to sell out again anyway.
    Second thing you need to remember, and this is harder as a customer, is that VMP is a small to mid size business. True, they are moving tons of cash and inventory, but they really don't have that many employees and still primarily lean on outsourcing to get things done. Not a bad thing when it's done right, but long term customers feel the growing pains.
    It's good to voice your opinion here and to their support email, because that's where it's most likely to be heard, but don't hold your breath for a lot of things. VMP has a lot of growing left to do if they want to become a well oiled machine, and it takes time and a desire (investment) from the top to take those steps.

lee newman likes this.
  6. to_ny

to_ny New Member

Well said. I tend to forget that because of the quality of the overall service & products !

lee newman likes this.