Continental Europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Jan, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

I'm back in Europe and lived in America for two years. And I miss some things dearly as well

JamieK and Canguino Purlat like this.
  2. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Hello everyone! Just joined VMP for a 3-month some days ago. I live in Cologne/Germany.

Jan and Canguino Purlat like this.
  3. Canguino Purlat

Canguino Purlat Active Member

Hi !

captainfog and Daniel like this.
  4. captainfog

captainfog A Prince Among Men And Moderators

[​IMG]

gerrysonford, hamicle, Jan and 2 others like this.
  5. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

We love you, too. We're with you however this plays out

gerrysonford and hamicle like this.
  6. gerrysonford

gerrysonford New Member

Hi Europe, I'm in Lund, Sweden. :D I subscribed to crate last month, mainly to get ahold of Avalanches, Kurt Vile and Wells Fargo. Still haven't received any of them though.. Are you guys full subscription members or crate?

Jan and Daniel like this.
  7. captainfog

captainfog A Prince Among Men And Moderators

Full subscription. Nothing yet. I got my shipping note last Thursday. I think my records are on a plane at the moment.

gerrysonford and Jan like this.
  8. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

Same with me. Shipping normally takes aboutt 2 weeks for me.

gerrysonford likes this.
  9. gerrysonford

gerrysonford New Member

Yeah, shipping from the States to Sweden usually takes 1-3 weeks.
    Though I bought "MEW - + -" and "Delta Spirit - Into The Wide" from the Sale section on June 20 and still haven't received them.. Guess they are still in transit, but is there any way to check if an order has been shipped or not? I have three active orders and I have only received one shipping notification which I don't know which order it belongs to. :confused:

10. JamieK

JamieK Well-Known Member

Are your three active orders different store invoices? If so, VMP tends to combine them into one shipment (at least domestically). There should be a count on the shipping notification. The cocktail recipe and the art each count as one item in addition to the LPs.

11. gerrysonford

gerrysonford New Member

Yeah, those are three separate invoices. I read the same thing as you said about them combining orders in the VMP thread on the VC forum, so you're probably right. The item count on the shipping notification only says "MULTIPLE".

Actually I just received a notification that the parcel is in Sweden, so I should get my records and answers shortly. Only thing that worries me is if the combined value of the orders has caught - or eventually will catch - the attention of the customs offices, which could result in painful import taxes and fees... Again, we'll see.

12. RolfromParis

RolfromParis New Member

Hi, I'm from Paris, France.

Jan and hokeydokey like this.
  13. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Well-Known Member

Welcome to our world of vinyl and discussions on life in general :)

Jan likes this.
  14. frankus

frankus New Member

Just subscribed today - one more Continental vinyl junkie ...

15. JamieK

JamieK Well-Known Member

Greetings from the States.

Jan likes this.
  16. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Well-Known Member

Welcome on board!

Jan likes this.
  17. abloeux

abloeux New Member

Hey there!
    I'm from Berlin, Germany and just signed up.

(Is there maybe any other German in this forum who has some experience with the german customs duty?)

Jitomate77 likes this.
  18. Jitomate77

Jitomate77 Member

Just joined the VMP club. Frankfurt, Germany and I am really looking forward to get in touch with you guys. Cheerio, Nils.

19. Jitomate77

Jitomate77 Member

Customs fees depend on the country my friend. Here in Germany we can get charged with additional 19% for packages that have a value of more than 22€ and come from outside the EU (only if the package gets stuck in customs...). I’ve ordered recently a couple of records from Japan (value over 200 Euro) and for some odd reason I wasn’t forced to make my way to my local customs office (same goes for the US, sometimes I pay, sometimes I’m not) These costs are nothing what a seller could estimate or really affect (unless the lesser just puts a smaller value on the invoice or so which will def. not be the case here I assume). If I would send a record to the US with no invoice inside the package, I would have actually to fill out a customs form and put it on the package and mark it as "gift" and it will somehow pass through customs, lol. Hope this helps

20. abloeux

abloeux New Member

Thank You.
    I was just worried because i didn't know what kind of receipt VMP puts into their packages.
    So an album with an 108$ receipt every month would be actually more trouble than just 36$.

I just got the Gorillaz LP. VMP declared the package as "retoure" so i didn't have to pay or do anything at all, which is pretty great!