Everything Video Games!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eric, May 12, 2015.

1. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

No actually, its one of the harder countries to visit without speaking the native language. Even though the majority of Japanese people take English in their school years the majority aren’t fluent enough to converse in English.

I knew a small amount of Japanese but had to rely almost entirely on my wife and/or Google translate to navigate the city. You remember the championship district in the Yakuza games? Its based on Golden Gai area within Shinjuku. We visited there when we went and its amazing. I felt like I had already been there because of the games. Haha.

KBURNS likes this.
  2. akhliber

akhliber Well-Known Member

I just started playing Ni No Kuni and God of War III HD, as I'm totally excited about Ni No Kuni II and the new God of War... hoping these two will keep me good and occupied long enough that the price on the new titles may come down a bit (I don't doubt either are worth full price honestly, but seems silly to buy them now when I still have some catching up do to).
    I'm absolutely loving Ni No Kuni so far. Just fantastic.

Nathaniel D., KBURNS and Woob_woob like this.
  3. Woob_woob

Woob_woob Well-Known Member

It's one of the better RPGs I've played in a while, there is a ton to do, I put about 100 hours into my game. The only problem with it is that it's too easy, which ruined it for @gouis

akhliber likes this.
  4. gouis

gouis Well-Known Member

Yeah y’all just aren’t 1337 enough it’s ok

Woob_woob likes this.
  5. gouis

gouis Well-Known Member

In serious though, I find it so easy that none of the systems matter. Then it's basically just button mashing and no strategy. It's pretty and the kingdom building is fun enough, but I have no motivation do level anything up because you don't need to. The characters are pretty flat but I could forgive that if I found the gameplay interesting.

Nathaniel D. likes this.
  6. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

I have a few short trips planned for the next couple of weeks, so instead of doing what I said I'd do by playing God of War first, I bought a Vita and will dive into Persona 4 Golden.

7. gouis

gouis Well-Known Member

If you only bought it for P4G I'd be interested in buying it from you when you're finished.

Nathaniel D., KBURNS and akhliber like this.
  8. Mitchell

For sure! No idea how long it'll take me, but I'll let you know when I'm ready to pass it along.

Nathaniel D. and gouis like this.
  9. Crunchewy

Crunchewy Well-Known Member

I love my Vita. Did you get a new one or used? Where did you get a new one if so? Only place I know to get a new one is a Japanese one from playasia or similar. But... I didn't like P4G at all. I found it super tedious. I think it's just not my cup of tea, though.

10. Mitchell

Got a pre-owned 2000 model through a re-seller on Amazon.

If you didn't like the tediousness of P4G, I might actually still recommend giving 5 a shot, if you're interested in longer JRPG. From what I understand, they did a lot to add variety to the dungeons. I can only compare 3 and 5 at this point, but the gameplay, dungeon system, social links... basically everything aspect of the game in 5 is light years more engaging than what was in 3. The balance between dungeons and the life-sim sections was absolutely perfect, in my opinion.

11. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

Bought God of War yesterday based upon @gouis recommendation. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but I'm looking forward to this evening :)

12. gouis

gouis Well-Known Member

Report back good sir!

Nathaniel D. and Tyr like this.
  13. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

Will do!

If you see me checking back in at around 2am tomorrow morning you'll know that I love it. :cool:

14. Max Sterling

Max Sterling Well-Known Member

Heads up, the "Give Me God of War" difficulty is Dark Souls level frustrating.

15. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

Oh noooooooooooooo. We can't have that AT ALL. Going one level down.

Nathaniel D. and Phillip J Phry like this.
  16. Phillip J Phry

Phillip J Phry Well-Known Member

I heard that on the hardest difficulty, the enemies will begin charging mid battle, and if you don't stop them they will level up, which probably means one shot kills most of the time. I'm with you, Give Me a Challenge is good enough. You die fast enough on that mode anyways.

Tyr likes this.
  17. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right!

I put my level on Give Me a Challenge and died a minimum of 5 times in every fight so far. Don't even get me started on how long it took me to actually beat The Stranger. By the time I defeated him I personally felt like I was in that fight and was just damned tired.

All that being said, it is a gorgeous game! And I'm really loving the no HUD, no loading aspects of the game. It makes it so much more immersive.

18. ayayrawn

ayayrawn Well-Known Member

Finally beat Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Had an absurd amount of fun with this thing, considering its a bizarre crossover that nobody really asked for. Good work Ubisoft.

Also, a game with the words "Mario" and "Rabbids" in the title has absolutely NO business being as difficult as it is. Shit got stupid hard.

19. gouis

gouis Well-Known Member

You can change the difficulty mid game. I would be frustrated with drying so much so if suggest go down to balanced and then increase if it gets too easy.

If you’re dying that much to start there are a lot harder battles to come FYI

Tyr likes this.
  20. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

Awwww man that is disappointing to hear! I thought I was kicking so much ass by only dying 10 times on The Stranger. HAhaha. Maybe I need to go down a level because I'm not a "God" of war.

Heh

Santi Chacin likes this.