List Of Minneapolis / St. Paul Record Stores

Discussion in 'Minneapolis / St. Paul' started by AndySlash, Jan 21, 2017.

1. johnnieO

johnnieO Member

Barry Lird and AndySlash like this.
  2. Darin Star Boogie

Darin Star Boogie Well-Known Member

Mill City Sound is as close to heaven as record stores come, in my opinion. Visit there if you haven’t! Great people too

3. jaycee

jaycee Well-Known Member

I popped in to Mll City Sound for the first time last week and I agree it's an excellent store. I'm on the E. side so it's a bit out of my way but I'll go back at some point. Hymies is my more regular spot. I really like the folks that own it and the ambience (if you can call it that) but Mill City definitely has more traffic and more used stuff flowing in and out. I'm not super into Electric Fetus. New stuff always seems more expensive there, but there's plenty of movement in the used bins.

AndySlash likes this.
  4. jaycee

jaycee Well-Known Member

Does anyone hit up the records "show" in Richfield? https://mnrecordshow.wordpress.com/
    I missed last week and it looks like it's maybe every other month and a $2 entry fee.
    Just wondering what your experience was like if you've attended?

5. AndySlash

AndySlash boom boom acka lacka lacka boom

for me, that's never been a must. but if you've never been, it's worth going once to check it out. you definitely see and buy things you don't normally see shopping around, and for that alone it can be fun. but prices are almost always on the high side, and it can be crowded (i'm just not a fan of record flipping with people on either side of me).

6. jaycee

jaycee Well-Known Member

Thanks much, I thought that might be the case and kind-of sounds like not my cup of tea. I might give it a go sometime but crowded flipping sucks