PIF for Canucks

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Juiceless, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Juiceless

Juiceless Well-Known Member

Hey all - I've noticed more and more Canadians on the forums lately. I love the PIF thread, I think it's one of the best things I've ever seen on the internet, but the Americans won't let us play, and the Europeans won't let us play, and so I wanted to see if anyone is interested in kicking one off just for us. I have a few things right off the bat that I'd put up that I think there'd be interest in. For now, if you'd want to participate in this sort of thing, reply and let me know!

If there's no broad interest, maybe we could just set up a Toronto one and just pick some rando spot to leave the records, like behind a booth at Sneaky Dees. @Mather @DeadwaxDude @BjorgenFjorgen etc...

2. DeadwaxDude

DeadwaxDude Well-Known Member

@Juiceless this is an awesome idea!! Currently just at work, but i'm sure I've got a few things to offer up! I forsure have two warped copies of Fugees, and a copy of Nils Frahm with quite a bit of surface noise.. I'm sure I have some better picks to offer up, but will have to take a look when I get home! Interested to get rid of St Vincent exclusive actually, it's not entirely my taste. I'll be sure to post in here when I have a good look at the collection!

Juiceless and Mather like this.
  3. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

I'm totally on board for this. Unfortunately being pretty new to this I don't have a lot to offer that isn't warped or mis pressed in some way... But I'm willing to do what I can until I accumulate more records.

Juiceless and DeadwaxDude like this.
  4. Juiceless

You'll have something soon. It's inevitable - you'll buy something, listen to it once, and never go back to it. Or you'll accidentally buy something twice. I have a National VMP exclusive that I'm not into, doubles of a U2 album, doubles of Otis Redding Sings Soul, just off the top of my head.

5. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

Get yourself a couple record-sized boards or tiles and some heavy books to turn those warped records into "records with a little wobble" or "flat records."

DeadwaxDude, Mather and Juiceless like this.
  6. DeadwaxDude

DeadwaxDude Well-Known Member

In the process of doing that with one lol, but no luck yet (about a month now)

Mather likes this.
  7. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

Works better in the summer, depending on how warm you keep your house. Once you get below around 65-68F it takes a lot longer. Above 72 or so and you can knock it out in a week or two. 180g will take forever during colder seasons. Also make sure you're using a fair amount of weight. I put a full crate of records on mine (45-50lb).

Mather likes this.
  8. Smansmith

Smansmith Well-Known Member

Count me in on some Canuck action! I know there are a few other Calgarians around these parts as well...

I know Edmonton hosts a "Spins", so there must be folks around there as well.

9. Juiceless

Edmonton has a spins but Toronto doesn't?! Wtf?!

(No offense Edmonton)

DeadwaxDude, Mather and Smansmith like this.
  10. Smansmith

Smansmith Well-Known Member

HA! I do agree that I assume a Toronto Spins must be about to be a thing soon.

DeadwaxDude, Juiceless and Mather like this.
  11. BjorgenFjorgen

BjorgenFjorgen Well-Known Member

This is great. Like @Mather I don't think I have much/anything to offer right now, but I'm sure I will. Also agreed that we need a Spins event. I'm sure it's selection bias but I see more "Toronto"s in bios on the forum than anywhere else.

Juiceless and Mather like this.
  12. BattleFlag

BattleFlag Well-Known Member

I really like this idea! I would have to go through my collection to see what I might have to offer up, but I would definitely be in.

Smansmith, Juiceless and Mather like this.
  13. Juiceless

Alright guys. Well, I'll tell you what - I'll put up a PIF when I get home to get this started. We'll run it through here for a couple of swaps and when it starts going, we'll migrate over to the existing google doc. Stay tuned, I'll try to make it a good one.

14. Melancholy_Melody

Melancholy_Melody Well-Known Member

I’m interested as well, but need more time to go through my collection. Thread followed!

DeadwaxDude likes this.
  15. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

Well I can say straight off I've got a VMP Edition Timothy McNealy "Funky Movement" but it's got a warp and some pops. I've got a Black Sabbath VMP but the label is misaligned and causes the needle to run out over the label, plays fine though. I've got a second VMP Sabbath with a decent warp and some side two noise on the final track. One of the Sabbath's has minor corner jacket damage. I think it's the warped one.

I'd post pictures but I'm on vacation so no dice for a few more days... But those are all good to go as soon as I get some shipping boxes if anyone wants slightly off product.

I apologize that none of these are mint but as I said earlier, I'm new to this so I have limited stock...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    BjorgenFjorgen likes this.
  16. Juiceless

I'd take a chance on that Funky Movement... Got my clamp so we'll see if it can help.

Mather likes this.
  17. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

It's not an audiophile pressing so chances are the pops may just be on there. The warp is definitely something you can work out. It's yours! I can either send it to you or I can meet you somewhere downtown. Lemme know!

DeadwaxDude and BattleFlag like this.
  18. Juiceless

We'll figure it out when you get back. Thanks man! First Official Canadian PIF!

19. Juiceless

Ok, I will offer up this copy of Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul, Stereo, 180g, Blue.

20180309_233658.jpg

I bought it, played it, loved it, then bought the mono/stereo RSD package. I like the Mono a bit better. The blue vinyl is awesome though.

Anyone?

20180309_233724.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  20. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Well-Known Member

Yeah good idea!..........I will be posting a bunch of PIF's in the next day or so...........but I would love to have that Otis Blue!

Juiceless likes this.