Record Gear Store

Discussion in 'Seattle, WA' started by Wygle, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Wygle

Wygle Moderator

Besides Hawthorn, where do you go in Seattle if you want to get decent hi-fi gear (cartridges, speakers, etc)?

2. dbruts509

dbruts509 New Member

Amazon

3. Wygle

Wygle Moderator

Do you go to the one in SLU or is there another? :)

Kilagore_trout likes this.
  4. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

I saved for years so that I could finally go and get what I wanted at 'Tune. Hi-Fi for Humans.' http://tunehifi.com
    They're downtown on 1st ave. Super audiophile store. The owner, Conon will sit with you for hours and listen to whatever combo of gear you want. When you buy he comes and sets it all up to best suite the scale of your room. I had to lie to my wife about how much I spent, consider yourself warned...

5. Wygle

Wygle Moderator

There's a new place up in Lynnwood that I've seen called "It's A Hi-Fi Store." I plan on visiting today. Also, heading down to Hawthorn to get a new needle and hopefully a couple of hinges that'll work on my dust cover.

6. neo_styles

neo_styles Well-Known Member

It's A Hi-Fi seems to have closed its doors. Scratch them off the list. Shame, too, since I could walk there from my house.

7. Kilagore_trout

Kilagore_trout New Member

Sounds dangerous. Did they bring gear to your house to listen to before you chose it, or did they only bring it after you had paid for it?

8. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

I listened to different speaker/amp/TT combos over the course of a few years. When it came down to the purchase, I was able to upgrade the speakers and TT by going with floor options. He then set the gear up that we had listened to at my place and helped me optimize the setup. It was a small condo at the time so really there wasn't many options but I did appreciate him coming over to make sure it was sounding as best it could.

*and I didn't really have to lie about the price because it was never directly discussed. It was cash I had saved and she knew how important it was to me. Plus I had just paid for her to go back to school so this new record gear was a drop in the bucket compared to what that decision cost us LOL

GritNGlitter likes this.
  9. Kilagore_trout

Kilagore_trout New Member

Wow sounds like a really amazing and fulfilling experience to get to test all that gear and have someone who really knows their shit by your side for the whole process. Glad you got such a nice setup and your wife got a great education!