SHIPPING INFO - How it works, and what to do if things go wrong

Discussion in 'Support and Q&A' started by PaulyB, Oct 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mr Moore

Mr Moore Well-Known Member

@PaulyB is off the forum for a couple of weeks. @onlythedetails or @vinylmeplease may be able to assist or email in.

Jan likes this.
  2. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

Along with @Mr Moore advice to you of who is available, this is probably a policy of the shipping company and not VMP, so best to contact the shipper first. I have seen that VMP will resend if a box is returned (but I think you have to email)

lee newman and Jan like this.
  3. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

It probably is, but i contacted, anyways. But if the dhl intl shipping policies have changed thats probably a dealbreaker for me. Anyways, i'll pass on further purchases until i know how this turns out.

lee newman likes this.
  4. tvham

tvham Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180516-162919.png

"Delivery exception - future delivery requested" By whom?? Not me! FedEx has a package on their truck then decide in the middle of the day that they don't feel like delivering it??

Man, I REALLY dislike FedEx.

GritNGlitter and Nathaniel D. like this.
  5. bohnjaggs

bohnjaggs Well-Known Member

Damn. That's sucks. I haven't had ANY issues since moving to the Bay area but it sounds exactly like the kind of problems I used to have when I lived down in Long Beach... and not just FedEx but with every delivery service

6. deltadon

deltadon Well-Known Member

anyone heard from support yesterday or today?

7. JonnyH

JonnyH Well-Known Member

Negative. Still waiting on my snoop refund.

tvham likes this.
  8. tvham

tvham Well-Known Member

Welp, Snoop was my only album this month so of course it arrived super crunchy. One album in a thin cardboard mailer on a 12 day journey across our fine country with no additional cardboard for support (or bubble wrap for that matter) - I really shouldn't be surprised. This makes it three out of the last four months with damaged records, and I'm just about over you, VMP .

IMG_20180517_150631_1.jpg IMG_20180517_150508.jpg IMG_20180517_150513.jpg IMG_20180517_150602.jpg IMG_20180517_150713.jpg

JonnyH likes this.
  9. Nathaniel D.

Nathaniel D. Well-Known Member

:(

10. DMacanT

DMacanT Well-Known Member

Still waiting - 15 days and counting. Apparently left Germany for here last Saturday... I've a feeling Customs may have got their sticky paws and on it again.

PineapplePhantom likes this.
  11. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

Where do you live? I am in France and received my box on Wednesday.

DMacanT likes this.
  12. PineapplePhantom

PineapplePhantom Well-Known Member

Do you find customs often get into the bigger boxes? And if so what do they usually charge? My last biggish box was clearly opened in Germany, but I didn't get any customs charges despite a bit of a wait here on the Irish side, was hoping my box would arrive today but hopefully it'll be next week instead! The UK fulfillment centre cant come soon enough (heard that some staff are in London so hopefully that's why they're there, unless they're simply enjoying a nice break at the moment!)

DMacanT and Skalap like this.
  13. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

Heard that too. I hope they are there to discuss this UK fulfillment center, enjoy a nice break and drink a few glasses at the wedding :)

Concerning the customs, on my side I never had any issue. In the first month I had only the AoTM and no customs, last packages were 15 records and no customs either. I believe all is a question of being lucky...or not.

DMacanT and PineapplePhantom like this.
  14. panino

panino Well-Known Member

@DMacanT I know what you are going to say.......

I am on the same boat.
    Haven't heard anything for a week, but also I haven't received a letter from custom yet.

for you @PineapplePhantom
    I got 2 packages stopped by custom so far (both with 6 or more records).
    But I have also got a bigger package (10 records) delivered without issues (last month).

regarding customs, they usually send you a letter asking you to provide them with the value of the box content.
    You can reply via email and I normally use the individual Order deatils from my account.
    This implies that all ROTM (essential, RHH and Classics) have a value of free, while for all other shop orders it shows the cost in dollars.
    They will ask for a % (I believe it's the 24% but I might be wrong) of the records cost and you will pay the postman on delivery (exact money, no change).
    The delivery normally takes place a couple of days after you respond to custom.

PineapplePhantom likes this.
  15. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

In addition, I suggest you send an email to info@ and, from what I heard, they will credit the amount you had to pay.

16. deltadon

hopefully we hear from someone soon. I saw it posted that support is taking a break from forums and is also on vacation. surely someone is manning the support email accounts , otherwise they would have changed their auto response message...

JonnyH and lee newman like this.
  17. panino

panino Well-Known Member

I forgot that bit.
    yes, VMP will reimburse you the custom costs once you submit to them a copy of the custom email.
    (the receipt is actually a simple sticker that custom will apply to your box)

18. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

Ftfy

deltadon likes this.
  19. deltadon

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

JonnyH and lee newman like this.
  20. DMacanT

DMacanT Well-Known Member

The small mailers always sail through while the larger boxes are hit and miss. My main issue with Customs here is the delay, having to wait for the poxy letter to tell you it's been stopped.

Anything from outside the EU over €22 is subject to customs charge/VAT and a lovely €10 An Post handling fee. This is a break down of one of my previously snared packages

10 records - Total value (incl. shipping charges) $332 = €268.78 x 23% VAT= €68.81 + €10 handling = €71.81

VMP refund these charges, so more of a hassle than anything else.

I've never had a package opened in Germany? Perhaps Ireland but they let it go?

+1 on a European fulfilment centre. I hope however that they really do their homework on that as the potential for another shit creek is... The devil is always in the ”Details”

PineapplePhantom, panino and Skalap like this.