1. Starting at 8AM (Mountain) on Saturday, October 21st, we'll be taking the site down for a few minutes to perform an upgrade. We'll make it quick ;)

Shipping to Canada...Amiright?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Smansmith, May 11, 2017.

1. Smansmith

Smansmith Active Member

The new album from The National is currently on pre-order. I thought to myself, "Hey, I bet that would be a nice album to purchase, let's get on that!".

Then I see pricing on the Americanmary.com site for pre-orders and have to come to grips of being in 'The Great White North'. See below for total price (in USD) for the double LP, shipped including taxes:

[​IMG]
    ***edit: ignore the image above (see two posts below) - this is inflammatory over-exaggeration statement on my part. It really would have made a great point tho!

*Kalispell, MT & Calgary, AB were shipping locations used.
    **Oh, and the MT address had faster shipping included in their price.

Shipping to Canada, amiright? Who else has ridiculous stories to share?

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. TCell

TCell Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's crazy. Not sure what we're doing differently, but I got $51.72 CAD for the Blue vinyl preorder.

Not vinyl, but the worst I've experienced was getting charged $750 to get my class' robotics supplies shipped to the Yukon, when in the US the shipping was free. Glad the government paid for that one.

3. Smansmith

Smansmith Active Member

Ahhh, I must have been still on USD as I converted to CAN manually! That is much better, even though there is a 'premium' charged to ship to CA that is over just the currency conversion. Still a audible sigh, but just not as loud, thanks for pointing out my butter fingers! So then fine....I pre-ordered it. :)

That is crazy about shipping to the Yukon - I can believe it, but still...I live in Calgary so I get better than average shipping times but the Yukon shipping times must take a bit to get used to!

TCell likes this.
  4. naftey

naftey Well-Known Member

Yeah, theres also the part where I'm fairly certain some people at Canada Post simply dont know where the Yukon actually is and you're watching your tracking go all over the place. My partner recently had an amazon order get marked "out for delivery" in Fort St. John, BC. Nice try?

Smansmith likes this.
  5. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Well-Known Member

I just shipped an Album to the US and it cost $17 lol crazy