The 90's

Discussion in 'General' started by Taylor, Jul 7, 2015.

1. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

This is from 2008, brophus! :D

2. Roses_1878

Roses_1878 Active Member

This won the John Peel Festive 50 back in ... '92? Remember my 16 year old self hearing it on the radio and being blown away, still an amazing headphones track, not least for how it bursts in after 2 minutes. Has to be heard in all its +9 minutes majesty. Sadly they never fulfilled their promise after this but if you're going to write one great song 'Geek Love' has to be it. Dream Pop at its finest.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  3. Aron

Aron Well-Known Member

Bump.

I follow Eugene Kelly of The Vaselines on Twitter, and he posted or re-tweeted a live clip of his 90's band Eugenius earlier today. One of the more enduring things about Kurt Cobain was the way he supported bands he personally liked during interviews and by covering their songs. Kurt introduced a lot of people to The Vaselines, and then, ultimately Kelly's next band Eugenius. Their two 90's albums "Oomalama" and "Mary Queen Of Scots" are both full of 90's power pop done right. Revisiting both here at work today. I may have listened to these records as much as I did Nirvana itself.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    lee newman likes this.
  4. CuckooFlew

CuckooFlew Member

Saw some Marcy Playground mentioned here. For anyone who hasn't heard Wave Motion Gun give it a listen. It's my favorite of theirs.

Max Sterling likes this.
  5. Max Sterling

Max Sterling Well-Known Member

I have bad memories associated with Marcy Playground (young relationship type things) but damned if they weren't pleasant to listen to.

CuckooFlew likes this.
  6. mcherry

mcherry Moderator

If I hear this and Souvlaki Space Station at the show I'll be in heaven.

Kris, Roses_1878 and Aron like this.
  7. Roses_1878

Roses_1878 Active Member

Ah jealous! Just checked to see where they were touring but only 2 UK dates down south and a festival in the UK. Was hoping for a few more UK dates than that.:(

8. helllord

helllord Well-Known Member

they played 'em back to back at the last tour in chicago!!! fingers crossed 4u

mcherry likes this.
  9. mcherry

mcherry Moderator

After I posted I searched setlists and both are there so things look good. I'm gonna cry at the show, I know it. :D

helllord likes this.