Aron
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

Bikini Kill/Le Tigre/The Julie Ruin all afternoon at work. Maybe in an effort to conjure up more of those Bikini Kill reunion shows. Jan 18, 2019 at 1:22 PM

1. Aron
      Aron
      Bikini Kill/Le Tigre/The Julie Ruin all afternoon at work. Maybe in an effort to conjure up more of those Bikini Kill reunion shows.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Revisiting @mcherry's Main Street Spotify playlist for some 80's radio/MTV nostalgia.
      1. mcherry likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. mcherry
        mcherry
        Main Street reminds me of being in my mom’s car and B Street reminds me of driving around SoCal in my own car in high school. I’m glad you enjoy both. :-)
        Jan 17, 2019 at 12:55 PM
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        It was such a kick to listen to X-Ray Spex's 'Identity' while working today. It led me to break out "Germfree Adolescents" when I got home. I haven't listened to that one in far too long.
        Jan 17, 2019 at 7:38 PM
        mcherry likes this.
      5. mcherry
        mcherry
        Your listening inspired me to listen on the way home today and yeah, still blown away by Tina. You’re right, she went all in.
        Jan 17, 2019 at 7:45 PM
        Aron likes this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      Sharon Van Etten performance on tonight's Jimmy Kimmel.
      1. Hollywood and Nathaniel D. like this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
    5. Aron
      Aron
    6. Aron
      Aron
      A new posthumous Townes Van Zandt release is due in March. Glad to hear the tracks are from '73 & not just another later era live recording
      1. bfly, Nathaniel D., Eriatarka and 2 others like this.
      2. Corycm
        Corycm
        Mostly just demos. I *think* I’m going to order this one because I’m a TVZ dork, but I might use points on it just to hedge a little.
        Jan 14, 2019 at 11:08 AM
        Nathaniel D. and GritNGlitter like this.
      3. Marco Michaels
        Marco Michaels
        Can’t wait! Any new townes is good Townes!
        Jan 14, 2019 at 11:20 AM
        Nathaniel D. likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        At least they're demos from a good era though.
        Jan 14, 2019 at 11:36 AM
        Nathaniel D. likes this.
    7. Aron
      Aron
      So what do we think of the two tracks Ryan Adams has released from his upcoming 1st release of 2019? Think I like 'Manchester' a bit better.
      1. Aron
        Aron
        'Doylestown Girl' was pleasant enough, but didn't really stick with me much. I think 'Manchester', although also pretty middle of the road sonically, was a little catchier.
        Jan 12, 2019
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Bowie's "Young Americans" album has been getting a lot of plays this week. Not sure why I haven't given this one more love over the years.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Maybe I found Bowie's own "plastic soul" description of this album off-putting. I dunno. I'm enjoying the hell out of it this week tho.
        Jan 11, 2019
        wokeupnew and mcherry like this.
      3. gouis
        gouis
        Totally underrated
        Jan 11, 2019
        mcherry and Aron like this.
      4. Wicked Dreamer
        Wicked Dreamer
        That one’s always been my favourite Bowie album
        Jan 11, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      Gary Clark Jr. isn't pulling any punches with that new song and video.
      1. hokeydokey and JonnyH like this.
      2. bfly
        bfly
        just saw that
        Jan 10, 2019
        JonnyH likes this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Slow @ work this afternoon. So I've been streaming Bowie's 70's albums in chronological order & reading an 8-part blog series on "Roadhouse"
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Jan 9, 2019
        jaycee and Mr Moore like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Said 8-part blog series...if you read only one part, check out the section called 'Doc'. Just re-watched this last week, and I had some of the same observations as this blogger.
        http://seantcollins.com/2019/01/001-fame/
        Jan 9, 2019
        nolady, jaycee and Mr Moore like this.
      4. Mr Moore
        Mr Moore
        Folks of a certain age get the majesty of Road House. It’s when you ascend to Con Air that you know your day is gonna be sheer bliss.
        Jan 9, 2019
        nolady, jaycee, Siglet and 1 other person like this.
    11. Aron
      Aron
      I think I have more shows lined up in the first 4 months of 2019 than I saw in all of 2018. Just added an I'm With Her show next month.
      1. ThePakoBuelna and tvham like this.
    12. Aron
      Aron
      Those that enjoy more traditional country music/singer songwriter stuff should check out The Next Waltz on Facebook tonight. See more...
      1. Enaz Fox likes this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Bruce Robision started The Next Waltz last year. Tonight they are streaming an event from Steamboat Springs, CO. Guests include Robison, his wife Kelly Willis, Reckless Kelly, Dalton Domino & Jack Ingram.
        Jan 7, 2019
        Enaz Fox likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Started at 7:00 CST. Not sure how long it will run, or what the format is. They're all sitting around in a circle right now. Dalton Domino is playing first, but Kelly Willis is singing harmony. First song was a cover of Waylon's 'Wurlitzer Prize'.
        Jan 7, 2019
        Enaz Fox likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        There are flashier performers out there...greater entertainers, but I honestly don't think there is a better, purer country voice than Kelly Willis'. It has that natural ache to it that can't be faked.
        Jan 7, 2019
        GritNGlitter and mcherry like this.
    13. Aron
      Aron
      Watching the Golden Globes and the energy level gap between Jeff Bridges and Harrison Ford is vast.
      1. CAPacelli, chrb98 and GritNGlitter like this.
      2. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        Understatement of the year. I’m getting a little worried with how Bill Murray and Harrison looked/sounded. Friggin Carol Burnett didnt miss a beat and she’s got 10-15 years on em.
        Jan 6, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Alejandro Escovedo show @ The Paramount tonight. Guests include Wayne Kramer, James Williamson & Joe Ely. Should be a guitar heavy good time
      1. Siglet, bfly and Yer Ol' Uncle D like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        It was interesting in that you had all of this guitar power rotating on stage, but then Joe Ely comes out and brings down the house with a solo performance of The Flatlanders' 'Borderless Love', which is a perfect song for the times. Power comes in various forms.
        Jan 5, 2019
        Yer Ol' Uncle D likes this.
      4. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Right on. In my book power is produced via total emotional commitment to the music. Sometimes it's bone shaking. Sometimes it's heart breaking. I just posted a good example of the latter over in What's Spinning.
        Jan 5, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        This was also my first time seeing Alejandro play with Don Antonio. They are an excellent pairing, and it is clear that Al loves those guys. That's one of my favorite things about him. He assembles killer bands to present whatever style music he is focused on in that moment. This one seems a bit more collaborative overall tho.
        Jan 5, 2019
        Yer Ol' Uncle D likes this.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      Bowie fans, KUTX is about to start their Bowie Bash at 7:00 CST. Will run from 7-11. You can stream at http://kutx.org
      1. Aron
        Aron
        So far we've heard a French language cover version of "Life On Mars" that totally worked, and a French language version of "Heroes" by Bowie himself that didn't really translate all that well.
        Jan 4, 2019
        nolady and ThePakoBuelna like this.
      2. nolady
        nolady
        You are doing God's work, my son.
        Jan 5, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        This was one of the more interesting surprise tracks he played last night. A reggae dub version of 'Ziggy Stardust'. Not better than the original by any stretch, but kind of cool in its own way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U41FXp466Xc
        Jan 5, 2019
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Blue Bell has a new limited time Mardi Gras King Cake ice cream flavor out now. So, 2019 has that going for it.
      1. Nathaniel D., bfly and kickerofelves like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Not sure. If so, baby is cooooold!
        Jan 4, 2019
      4. Heath
        Heath
        Don't be silly @kickerofelves, you can't even find a damn baby in a real cake anymore, it's a travesty
        Jan 4, 2019
        kickerofelves and Aron like this.
      5. Corycm
        Corycm
        I demand all of my cakes be made with only the freshest, real babies.
        Jan 4, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    17. Aron
      Aron
      Not sure that TV On The Radio's 'Wolf Like Me' works for a Star Trek game ad, but I sure love hearing it again whenever those spots run.
      1. Corycm
        Corycm
        Had almost the exact same thought last time I saw that commercial.
        Jan 4, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        @Corycm It led me to watching the awesome Letterman performance 3 times before heading to bed. Still my favorite late night tv show performance of all time.
        Jan 4, 2019
        bohnjaggs and Corycm like this.
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        I forgot about that. I need to youtube it - that really was a solid performance.
        Jan 4, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      I feel like Girl Scout cookie sales start earlier every year. Like, I'm just coming out of the holiday eat-a-thon, can you give me a sec?
      1. Siglet, EmeryRK, NateOEB and 8 others like this.
      3. bfly
        bfly
        sends all the samoas and thin mints my way. my sugar tooth doesn't have seasons!
        Jan 3, 2019
        LeeVing, GritNGlitter and Aron like this.
      4. nolady
        nolady
        Which reminds me, I have to get all my stuff in for cookie sales for my girl scout. What kills me is that you tend to take orders pre-Mardi Gras, but you don't get the orders until Lent when everyone has given up sweets.
        Jan 3, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        I usually cave to the scouts that set up camp outside the grocery stores, drugstores and local eateries. So I spend money inside the establishments, and then spend more outside the establishments. Honestly, I don't mind.
        Jan 3, 2019
        mcherry and nolady like this.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Damn, Bob Einstein (aka Super Dave Osborne) passed away. My dad used to let young me watch the Showtime sketch show Bizarre for Super Dave.
      1. Hollywood
        Hollywood
        First 'Mean' Gene and now Super Dave Osborne :(
        Jan 2, 2019
        Aron and twentytwo like this.
      2. Tillman
        Tillman
        dammit. RIP Funkhouser
        Jan 2, 2019
        bohnjaggs, twentytwo and Aron like this.
      3. kickerofelves
        Jan 2, 2019
        Aron and twentytwo like this.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      New year, same old Kanye.
      1. oplin, Nathaniel D., alspriet and 2 others like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly