Aron
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

@mcherry and other Cure fans might want to check out this Spotify playlist. See link in next post. Apr 21, 2019 at 6:38 PM

1. Aron
      Aron
      @mcherry and other Cure fans might want to check out this Spotify playlist. See link in next post.
      1. Aron
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Some days, my favorite Elliott Smith album is Phoebe Bridgers' "Stranger In The Alps". And I mean that in a totally complimentary way.
      1. Matt M, wokeupnew, pijo and 5 others like this.
      2. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        Absolutely.
        Apr 19, 2019 at 9:49 PM
        Aron likes this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      I like days off.
      1. GritNGlitter, NateOEB, KBURNS and 3 others like this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
      Kind of a "water is wet" type of statement, but, damn, Jason Isbell is an amazing lyricist. Always finding nuances in songs I've heard a lot
      1. tvham, bfly, Nathaniel D. and 4 others like this.
      2. TCell
        TCell
        Still disappointed that we got ol' dead eyes, Kevin Morby, as the June 2017 RotM instead of Isbell's Nashville Sound. (Which was my own fault for getting my hopes up, vs. ever being an actual real possibility. But still...)
        Apr 18, 2019 at 2:31 PM
    5. Aron
      Aron
      Been a few years since I listened to any Rick Nelson & The Stone Canyon Band recordings. Very underrated Byrds/GP/Dylan-like material.
      1. kickerofelves likes this.
      2. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        You've got my attention! Will have to check this out.
        Apr 16, 2019 at 2:40 PM
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        He had a great band behind him during the late 60's/early 70's. Check out his live record, "In Concert: The Troubadour, 1969", as well as the studio album "Rudy The Fifth". "Rick Sings Nelson", "Garden Party" and "Windfall" all have good songs on them as well.
        Apr 16, 2019 at 2:51 PM
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Rick was really trying to break the teen idol image, and he did a pretty good job musically. Only problem was, there weren't a ton of people paying attention or buying his albums. He was seen as an "oldies" act...hence the song 'Garden Party'. He did a lot of Dylan covers. Some better than others, but most are pretty good.
        Apr 16, 2019 at 3:00 PM
    6. Aron
      Aron
      Divine Fits' cover of 'Shivers' just popped up on an older playlist. Man, I still love that track. Britt Daniel's vocal is just perfect.
      1. Melancholy_Melody and bohnjaggs like this.
      2. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        It's a great song (and album)
        Apr 15, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    7. Aron
      Aron
      Been revisiting a lot of Loretta Lynn tunes lately. I dunno, it seems like she's just snakebit when it comes to finding a good, honest man.
      1. KenKaniff, mcherry and GritNGlitter like this.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      I think Julia Jacklin's "Crushing" might be starting to click with me. Not quite all the way there, but I'm enjoying it more 3rd time around
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I think my expectations were built up a little high for it initially, and that was one of the reasons I was somewhat let down after the first spin. Starting to warm up to it, but I need a few more listens I think. Even then, I feel like it is one I'll have to be in the right mood for.
        Apr 11, 2019
        wokeupnew and McGlam like this.
      3. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        I clicked immediately with "Don't Know How to Keep Loving You" but it took a few listens on the others. But then I listened to the whole thing like, 13 times in a row, so yeah, it clicked.
        Apr 11, 2019
      4. kvetcha
        kvetcha
        I'm seeing her live in a few weeks. I should probably listen to this record.
        Apr 11, 2019
        GritNGlitter and Aron like this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      Any members out there book shows for a living here in the states?
      2. bfly
        bfly
        sometimes I get emails about putting together local shows and regional tours (NOLA>Dallas>ATX>SA>Houston), not much help, but I'll recommend them for anything that seems like a fit. always a bummer to see good acts struggle with the gauntlet.
        Apr 10, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Yeah, it was kind of sad to read, but I also had already noticed that there wasn't really anything on their calendar after SXSW. It sounded like they had some stuff in the works with some lablemates, but things fell through. Thanks for keeping them in mind.
        Apr 10, 2019
      4. Corycm
        Corycm
        I wish I knew more about booking. Either we have people that are terrible at booking working the few venues we do have or we don’t have anyone doing it.
        Apr 10, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Four shows in ten days. The gauntlet is complete. Time for a little rest. No shows until...(checks calendar)...next Friday. That's doable.
      1. wokeupnew, bfly, nolady and 7 others like this.
      2. jerryquijano
        jerryquijano
        what’d ya think??
        Apr 9, 2019
        Enaz Fox and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        It was a good show. Can't complain about the weather...that's about as good as it can be at Stubb's. I dunno...I just never really got into the performance the way I thought I would. Hate to keep harping on the venue change, but that definitely didn't help things for me. The 'Devil Town' cover was great tho.
        Apr 9, 2019
        bfly, nolady, Enaz Fox and 2 others like this.
      4. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Rule #1 - Always go to the show.
        Apr 9, 2019
        bfly, nolady, cul8er and 2 others like this.
    11. Aron
      Aron
      Too rich for my blood. I fold.
      1. Jake!, bettim84, Hollywood and 2 others like this.
    12. Aron
      Aron
      So, those that have seen BOCC on their tour...how are they filling their headliner set time? I know they are playing some covers..what else?
      1. jerryquijano likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I had heard Conor had done a rock take on Bridgers' 'Funeral', and I had seen clips of various covers, but I was wondering about the other 30 minutes or so they will have in their set. I figured they might do some of their own tunes, but I had not heard for sure.
        Apr 8, 2019
      4. Widget
        Widget
        Yea, I think we got 3 Bright Eyes songs, 2 Bridgers songs, 3 covers, every song on the album, plus the 7' single.
        Apr 8, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Not often you see an act popular enough to headline in a non-club setting with only one true album to support. Good thing here is that they can dig into their solo stuff to round things out.
        Apr 8, 2019
        GritNGlitter likes this.
    13. Aron
      Aron
      The songs from "On The Line" sound even better live. Jenny Lewis put together a stellar setlist for tonight's show. Great show all around.
      1. nolady, bgod, wokeupnew and 1 other person like this.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Jenny Lewis tonight with The Watson Twins opening.
      1. bgod, tvham, BenMal and 7 others like this.
      2. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        Oh dang, nice that they KIT
        Apr 6, 2019
    15. Aron
      Aron
      Oh, Kacey Musgraves' reworking/cover of Brooks & Dunn's 'Neon Moon' is pretty tasty.
      1. EmeryRK, nolady, KenKaniff and 2 others like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Kacey does the heavy lifting here...more Kacey, less Brooks &/or Dunn.
        Apr 5, 2019
        KenKaniff likes this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Some days it can take me forever to find the right music to start the day. Today, I hit the target right away. Eno/Cale's "Wrong Way Up".
      1. Zakattak likes this.
    17. Aron
      Aron
      After watching Bob Mould destroy eardrums @ The Mohawk last night, I REALLY wish they had not moved next week's BOCC show to Stubb's.
      2. jerryquijano
        jerryquijano
        you gonna be at the show?
        a buddy and i’ll be there!
        Apr 4, 2019
        bfly likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I'll be there next Tuesday.
        Apr 4, 2019
        jerryquijano likes this.
      4. bfly
        bfly
        pssst - HD earplugs. cuts decibel ranges instead of just "plugging" the sound like classic foam earplugs. you can hear music clearly, you can hear your friends talking to you at the bar, you don't have to remove them for the quieter tracks. I've got multiple pairs in carrying cases in every bag I own.
        Apr 5, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Seeing Bob Mould tonight...and I'm so not in the mood for it.
      1. Matt M, Siglet and GritNGlitter like this.
      3. Matt M
        Matt M
        That's an odd pairing of artists. Hopefully Will comes out rockin'! #bringearplugsforbob
        Apr 3, 2019
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Well that was therapeutic.
        Apr 3, 2019
        Matt M likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Also, I don't know how I always find the most obnoxious folks to be around at general admission gigs, but I do. That said, thanks for the laughs "overly affectionate couple". I needed that. It was like finding yourself unknowingly in a SNL skit.
        Apr 4, 2019
        Matt M likes this.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Realizing I have now officially reached that point in life where I'm having to provide advice & counsel to my folks. Script has been flipped
      1. GritNGlitter, Matt M and mcherry like this.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      1. kickerofelves likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Apr 2, 2019
        kickerofelves likes this.
      4. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        Heck, I signed up too. This looks like a fun time!
        Apr 2, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        I thought it was going to be more expensive, to be honest. I guess I had vinyl prices in my head, and, since these are digital only releases, the prices were kept in check a bit. Still, I feel like I'm going to get my money's worth.
        Apr 2, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly