Aron
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

Some days, my favorite Elliott Smith album is Phoebe Bridgers' "Stranger In The Alps". And I mean that in a totally complimentary way. Apr 19, 2019 at 7:01 PM

1. Aron
      Aron
      Bruce Robison played a new tune tonight that he said would appear on a new duets album w/Kelly Willis this Summer. VMP should get in on that
      1. Aron
        Aron
        Maybe put together a bundle of the new album, along with the two previous duet albums. I'm just spitballin' here tho. Also, Bruce's amazing album "Wrapped" is now available on vinyl for the first time. More folks should have that in their collection. Sooooo.....
        Mar 30, 2019
        ThePakoBuelna likes this.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Bruce Robison "Wrapped" Anniversary show tonight at The Cactus Cafe. Gonna be a good one.
      1. mcherry and GritNGlitter like this.
    3. Aron
      Aron
      I'm really glad I'm not an obsessive Guided By Voices fan. There is no way I could keep up with all of Bob Pollard's releases.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        He released two records after you posted this.
        Mar 29, 2019
      3. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Also I would gather that the quality of GBV/RP releases are not that great if they’re just churning them out. I’m sure there’s some good tunes but overall just fine.
        Mar 29, 2019
        Aron and GritNGlitter like this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        @wokeupnew I'm surprised that a lot of the recent GBV have received quite a bit of critical love. Of course, a critic's word isn't gospel, but, I've been surprised that it seems most have been deemed above average. Probably not breaking a ton of new ground tho.
        Mar 30, 2019
        wokeupnew likes this.
    4. Aron
      Aron
      Is "Coal Miner's Daughter" the first true country album selected for Essentials? Either way, nice pick VMP.
      1. Hollywood, mcherry and GritNGlitter like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        You wouldn't consider Townes country?
        Mar 28, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Yeah, I would put him primarily in the country category. Forgot about that one being an Essentials track. He could spill over into blues and folk areas as well. Loretta is capital "C" country though. Just really impressed with how far we've come that this would be a primary pick.
        Mar 28, 2019
      5. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        Yeah, I’ll give it to em. They’ve definitely gotten ballsier with their picks which is a byproduct of their success and the diminishing risk that comes with that territory.
        Mar 28, 2019
    5. Aron
      Aron
      RIP Ranking Roger of The Beat and General Public
      1. Mr Moore likes this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I had read recently that he was battling cancer. Still surprising. I think he was only 57.
        Mar 26, 2019
      4. mcherry
        mcherry
        I had no idea. I’m seriously bummed.
        Mar 26, 2019
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Not a great week so far. The Scott Walker news hit me pretty hard yesterday. Not really ready to hear more bad news today.
        Mar 26, 2019
        mcherry likes this.
    6. Aron
      Aron
      Damn...RIP Scott Walker (musician).
      1. bohnjaggs, Zakattak and waitressboy like this.
      2. waitressboy
        waitressboy
        I've just read the news. Such a talented singer and an innovative musician.
        Mar 25, 2019
        Zakattak and Aron like this.
      3. mcherry
        mcherry
        sticky pudding
        Mar 25, 2019
        Aron and Zakattak like this.
      4. McGlam
        McGlam
        RIP. I was once wearing a Scott Walker shirt while hiking and Thom Yorke approached me to tell me that my shirt was cool.
        Mar 25, 2019
        wokeupnew, mcherry and Aron like this.
    7. Aron
      Aron
      Goal weight has been hit! I see pizza in my future tonight.
      1. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        Treat yo self, but stay on track!
        Mar 23, 2019
      2. Aron
        Aron
        ...It was glorious, by the way. Haven't had any pizza since December, but I promised myself I would order one once I hit my goal. That should hold me over unti...oh wait, there are 3 still slices left. So, tomorrow...that should hold me over until tomorrow.
        Mar 23, 2019
      3. Dead C
        Dead C
        Nice work! have gallbladder surgery on the 17th. I've been avoiding fat and sugar since February 5th because of gallstones, but I lost a bunch of weight by default because of it. I will also be having pizza next month.
        Mar 23, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Good day today. Boss treated us to "Captain Marvel". Both pair of new eyeglasses arrived. And I heard 'Fascination Street' on the radio.
      1. Siglet, kvetcha, Kris and 14 others like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        The standards of what constitutes a good day are fairly low these days. Work has been brutal the past week or two, and I think my boss sensed we needed a break. Or else.
        Mar 20, 2019
      4. mcherry
        mcherry
        I’m having a bad back day so it’s pretty much just been me getting up every 10 min trying to find a less painful position. I don’t know what I did, it doesn’t happen very often, so just cross your fingers it goes away by tomorrow.
        Mar 20, 2019
        GritNGlitter and Aron like this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Yeah, back pain is one of those things that tends to linger. And there isn't much you can do other than, like you said, rest up and hope for the best tomorrow.
        Mar 20, 2019
        GritNGlitter and mcherry like this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      My Chillville playlist is no match against today's client/vendor stupidity.
      1. mcherry, GritNGlitter and Heath like this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Went to kill some time at the Austin Tower Records circa 1993 & wound up stumbling into an in-store by Dick Dale. Dude sounded amazing. RIP
      1. Aron
        Aron
        He was there in support of his "Tribal Thunder" album, and I had no idea at the time the he was this legendary guitarist. This was shortly before "Pulp Fiction" came out. I was surprised all over again when I heard 'Misirlou' in the film.
        Mar 17, 2019
        mcherry likes this.
    11. Aron
      Aron
      Easing into this Friday with some Jackie Mittoo.
    12. Aron
      Aron
      It's only...Thursday? WTF?
      1. Heath
        Heath
        WTF indeed...Where's That Friday
        Mar 14, 2019
        Aron and RenegadeMonster like this.
      2. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        I have thought it was Thursday every day this week, so this is actually kind of a relief.
        Mar 14, 2019
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I definitely thought yesterday was Thursday.
        Mar 14, 2019
        GritNGlitter and mcherry like this.
    13. Aron
      Aron
      Built to Spill 20th Anniversary tour this summer for "Keep It Like A Secret". Friday night show in Austin? Yes please. Don't be @ Emo's tho!
      1. GritNGlitter, bfly, Dead C and 3 others like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Looks like it is at The Mohawk. Nice...hot...but nice.
        Mar 12, 2019
        GritNGlitter likes this.
      3. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        I was gonna say, hope you get a Mohawk show out of it. What would be the good but less hot version? ACL (venue not festival)?
        Mar 12, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        In July, there really aren't a lot of options. I think they played Antone's last month. That would have been ideal, but, I'm just glad they're coming back. Hope this one stays at The Mohawk unlike the BOCC show. It should.
        Mar 12, 2019
        kickerofelves likes this.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Revisiting Nancy Sinatra's self titled comeback album from 2004. Some really great tunes on this one & perfectly paired collaborators too.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      Workout playlist hitting me with TV On The Radio's 'DLZ' & The Walkmen's 'The Rat' back to back to finish out my run was just what I needed.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. BattleFlag
        BattleFlag
        I feel like it's impossible to over-praise "The Rat". All-timer, that one is.
        Mar 10, 2019
        hatfieldpdx and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        @BattleFlag Honestly, it's their only song that I really love. Critics LOVED their albums, but I never was able to get into them for some reason.
        Mar 10, 2019
        BattleFlag likes this.
      4. BattleFlag
        BattleFlag
        @Aron That's quite interesting! Although I do totally get where you come from on that one. "The Rat" is definitely not exactly their style/tempo most of the time. On the other side, I enjoy lots of their stuff (I think "You & Me" is their best album) but "The Rat" is something special.
        Mar 10, 2019
        hatfieldpdx and Aron like this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Glad I saw Moving Panoramas again last night, but, lesson learned, SXSW is no longer for me. And that wasn't even an official SXSW show!
      1. GritNGlitter, Siglet and mcherry like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I left midway through Alex Maas' set. I enjoy seeing The Black Angels, but I wasn't feeling that set as a trio. Wanted to stay to see Golden Dawn Arkestra, but, my desire to escape the masses of people was stronger. I'll catch GDA another time.
        Mar 9, 2019
        bfly and GritNGlitter like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        On a more positive note, I got to chat with Leslie Sisson from Moving Panoramas after the show. She couldn't have been nicer or more down to earth.
        Mar 9, 2019
        GritNGlitter likes this.
    17. Aron
      Aron
      Every now and then it is good to be reminded how amazing Karen Carpenter's voice was.
      1. Siglet, Kris, mcherry and 5 others like this.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Squeezing in a Moving Panoramas/Alex Maas (of Black Angels)/Golden Dawn Arkestra show tomorrow. Closest I'll be getting to the SXSW fray.
      1. bfly and Matt M like this.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Happy Birthday Townes!
    20. Aron
      Aron
      Why do ALL clients ALWAYS want EVERYTHING last minute?
      1. bfly
        bfly
        last minute and ASAP!
        Mar 6, 2019
        ThePakoBuelna and Aron like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        My boss has had 2 meetings prior to the one today with this one client leading up to their annual Gala. Those meetings go back at least a month. Each meeting he has asked what all she needs. In today's meeting, she drops all these items on him last minute. And that all trickles down to you know who.
        Mar 6, 2019
        ThePakoBuelna and GritNGlitter like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly