Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

New Ride track is quite good. Very poppy. Apr 23, 2019 at 11:04 AM

1. Aron
      Aron
      Sold out Bayonne (aka Roger Sellers) album release show tonight. Don't see a lot of solely electronic acts, but this guy is worth catching.
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      All set to order a ticket for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs show here in May...only to discover that they went on sale yesterday, not today. Sold out.
      1. Hollywood and ThePakoBuelna like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        Oh no!
        Feb 15, 2019
      4. Aron
        Aron
        It's my own fault for not reading the details of the pre-sale closer. I was on the fence about doing pre-sale because the Mez level aren't included. I rolled the dice for the regular sale, but didn't see that it was happening Thursday instead of Friday. Oh well.
        Feb 15, 2019
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Since I missed out on that show, I ended up getting a ticket for a Cruiserweight reunion/anniversary show in June. Not on the same level as YYY, but it will be a good time.
        Feb 15, 2019
    3. Aron
      Aron
      I can't wait for 2/22. New Bayonne & Moving Panoramas albums are dropping that day. Another great new Moving Panoramas track in next post.
      1. Aron
        Feb 13, 2019
    4. Aron
      Aron
      My outdated shuffle workout playlist served up 'Obstacle 1', 'Push It' (Garbage), 'Meet Ze Monsta' & 'Debaser' in sequence tonight. Winded.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Feb 12, 2019
        GritNGlitter and Aron like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        Feb 12, 2019
        GritNGlitter and Yer Ol' Uncle D like this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        I only kind of saw the kid out of my peripheral vision, but, since he kept staring my direction, it looked like he had some pretty thick glasses on, and a spectacular white boy fro.
        Feb 12, 2019
    5. Aron
      Aron
      4AD is offering 25% off on some of the earlier St. Vincent titles if you need to round out your collection: https://4ad.com/releases
      1. Aron
        Aron
        Finally picked up "Marry Me" and "Love This Giant" on vinyl.
        Feb 12, 2019
        bohnjaggs likes this.
      2. CrazyDiamond84
        CrazyDiamond84
        Awesome thanks! I wanted a copy of Actor, and paired it with the new Beruit album while I was there
        Feb 12, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    6. Aron
      Aron
      Just saw on Twitter that Julien Baker has canceled the remainder of her Feb. tour in Japan, New Zealand & Australia. Hope everything is OK.
      1. Aron
        Aron
        The press release stated "unforeseen personal matters that have arisen" as the cause of the cancelations.
        Feb 10, 2019
      2. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        Oh no. Poor Julien.
        Feb 10, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    7. Aron
      Aron
      Been a minute since I've seen Yolanda Adams. Good job on that one Grammys.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Brandi Carlile just made a lot of new fans. In a night full of massive productions, a simple but effective performance was nice.
      1. GritNGlitter, tvham and mcherry like this.
      3. Kris
        Kris
        I can't believe she's playing Madison Square Gardens next summer. Hopefully now people won't confuse her with Belinda Carlisle.
        Feb 10, 2019
        tvham and Aron like this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        I wasn't sure what the crowd reaction was going to be at the end of it, but it sounded like they went pretty crazy for it.
        Feb 10, 2019
        Kris and tvham like this.
      5. tvham
        tvham
        @Aron I was at a bar and they had it on TV with sound off but I could tell from the crowd cutaways that she killed it
        Feb 10, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    9. Aron
      Aron
      Props to the team behind that new "Captain Marvel" trailer for repping Elastica's 'Connection'.
      1. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        Feb 10, 2019
      2. mcherry
        mcherry
        Oh man, that website is all kinds of nostalgia, lol.
        Feb 10, 2019
        CAPacelli, Nathaniel D. and Aron like this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Lucy Dacus...she's a charmer.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Only problem was that, being outside in the downtown entertainment district, there was terrible bleed over from the club next door that was playing some block rockin' beats. Lucy's softer vocal moments were kind of lost at times. Not an ideal setting for her show, to be honest.
        Feb 10, 2019
        GritNGlitter likes this.
      3. McGlam
        McGlam
        Love her and that’s a great lineup for a show!
        Feb 10, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        What's the kind of adulting where you go to shows both Friday and Saturday night, but still get all your other responsibilities taken care of?
        Feb 10, 2019
    11. Aron
      Aron
      Neko Case was great last night, but I did miss seeing and hearing Kelly Hogan on that stage with her.
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I think that is the first Neko show since 2004 that Kelly wasn't there, and it was a noticeable absence for me performance wise. Rachel Flotard is a great replacement choice, but it felt like her mic volume was low, or she was holding back a bit.
        Feb 9, 2019
    12. Aron
      Aron
      This new Bob Mould album doesn't really fit with the cold weather today, but it sounds pretty damn good nonetheless.
      1. GritNGlitter and wokeupnew like this.
    13. Aron
      Aron
      1. Aron
        Aron
        For those that might not be familiar with the name, Bruce is a songwriter's songwriter. This album alone includes 'Wrapped' and 'Desperately' (which became hits for George Strait), and 'Angry All The Tim' (which was a hit for Tim & Faith). This record also has 'My Brother & Me', which is a classic with his brother Charlie.
        Feb 8, 2019
    14. Aron
      Aron
      Neko Case tonight, and Lucy Dacus tomorrow night. Haven't seen Neko live in about 10 years. Pretty excited!
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I'm good on the phone front. She's playing Bass Concert Hall here in Austin, which is a really great theater type venue. Real classy like, y'know?
        Feb 8, 2019
        Heath likes this.
      3. Heath
        Heath
        the no phone thing definitely made the show more enjoyable, I just wish they had mentioned it to me sometime before the show...I'm not one for surprises ha
        Feb 8, 2019
        GritNGlitter and Aron like this.
      4. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        Give my daughter Lucy my love!
        Feb 8, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      NPR First Listen for the new Ladytron album. Link in next post.
      1. bettim84, lee newman, Kris and 2 others like this.
      3. Aron
        Aron
        @Kris Yep! I think that is my favorite off the record.
        Feb 7, 2019
      4. Hollywood
        Hollywood
        A return to form...very tight album...their best since Witching Hour
        Feb 7, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      5. Aron
        Aron
        I felt like "Velocifero" was a pretty good record. "Gravity The Seducer" had a couple of good tracks, but overall, wasn't their strongest work. I love the first half of the new one, and the last two tracks are muted, but good. The rest isn't bad, by any means, but wasn't as memorable for me.
        Feb 7, 2019
        Hollywood likes this.
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Not thrilled about the BOCC show in Austin moving to a larger venue. Stubb's is decent enough, but I was looking forward to a smaller crowd.
      1. tvham, Matt M, mcherry and 2 others like this.
      3. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        I hear you man. I prefer to just let things be when they sell out. It's not fair to the people who purchase tickets thinking it was going to be one place and then its not. The Nashville shows was moved from a great venue to arguably my least favorite venue in Nashville. Sight lines are awful at the new venue.
        Feb 6, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      4. Matt M
        Matt M
        I'm waiting for the same thing to happen in Portland. Rather they just play an early all ages show at the same place also.
        Feb 6, 2019
        Aron likes this.
      5. tvham
        tvham
        Man, I hate when that happens...sucks for people who missed out on tickets first time around but also for those who scored tickets and were hoping for an intimate show. Would much rather have them add a show if the schedule allows (or do an early then late show? I saw Alt-J play a tiny club in SF that was booked before they took off so they added a 6pm show the same night)
        Feb 6, 2019
        Aron likes this.
    17. Aron
      Aron
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Those days when the coda from 'Satellite of Love' gets stuck in your head...those are the best days.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Thinking the ad meeting for that Budweiser Super Bowl spot went something like this...
      1. Phaneronic and GritNGlitter like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        "So, we want to tout that their beer is now brewed with wind power. We've narrowed the music choice down to Kansas' 'Dust in the Wind', or Dylan's 'Blowin' in the Wind'. It's a toss up, really, they're both very well known songs that would be completely inappropriate choices for this spot. Let's just go with Dylan, I'm hungry".
        Feb 3, 2019
        nolady, Nathaniel D., bfly and 4 others like this.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      Have the Super Bowl on mute, but I'm listening online to Lauren Laverne's BBC Radio 6 Music interview w/Neneh Cherry from last week.
      1. Aron
        Aron
        I used to love streaming Lauren Laverne's afternoon show on xfm back in the day. It was my morning show at work every day. Love the variety of songs played during this show: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000277z
        Feb 3, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly