Aron
Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

Banner day for releases by Austin artists. Bayonne and Moving Panoramas both released excellent albums today. Check 'em out! Feb 22, 2019 at 7:56 AM

1. Aron
      Aron
      I love how Outkast's "B.O.B." can immediately turn around a completely lethargic workout.
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Another Ryan Adams 7" is on the way. Looks like Ryan is in another one of his prolific release cycles. Except now it's singles not albums.
    3. Aron
      Aron
    4. Aron
      Aron
    5. Aron
      Aron
      The Friday afternoon, weekend kick-off spin of Donna Summer's "Bad Girls" lp shall now commence.
    6. Aron
      Aron
    7. Aron
      Aron
      Tom Waits doing a new Waitsian ballad for Letterman is about the most fitting farewell I could have hoped for.
      1. digital love
        digital love
        Has it made it online yet?!! This is so exciting!
        May 15, 2015
      2. digital love
        digital love
        Don't worry I've found it!
        May 15, 2015
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Late night talk show music alert for 5/13--Faith No More on Fallon, Ryan Adams on Letterman & Will Butler on Meyers.
      1. DavidA and Corycm like this.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Oh, and some guy named Tom Waits is on Letterman tomorrow night (5/14).
        May 13, 2015
    9. Aron
      Aron
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Why can't it ever be something cool about the musician when I see "Scott Walker" trending on some site?
      1. mcherry likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Aron
        Aron
        The Bowie vocal inspiration will be pretty evident. I think the Eno thing happened much later. In that documentary Eno cites the later era reformed Walker Brothers tune 'The Electrician' as a game changer. It is an, odd, eerie song. Again, took a while for me to connect with it, but now it is a favorite.
        Oct 30, 2018
        lee newman likes this.
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Naturally, Spotify doesn't feature 'The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore', since it is probably his most well known track. Also, I can't really recommend anything past 1978's "Nite Flites". It's a little too out there for me personally.
        Oct 31, 2018
        lee newman and mcherry like this.
      5. lee newman
        lee newman
        I got through about an hour before I had to give up on music today... long story...
        Oct 31, 2018
    11. Aron
      Aron
      New Metric single, "The Shade", now available on iTunes, YouTube and Spotify for your listening pleasure.
      1. Eric likes this.
      2. Aron
        May 11, 2015
      3. MaxPGH
        MaxPGH
        No tea, no shade
        May 11, 2015
    12. Aron
      Aron
      Not there but the 13th Floor Elevators are playing now at Levitation (formerly Austin Psych Fest). One of the more improbable reunions.
      1. crookedsparrow
        crookedsparrow
        Really? That's pretty nuts. I wonder how wrecked Roky's voice was.
        May 11, 2015
      2. Aron
        Aron
        He plays shows around town every now and then. He's in better shape now than a few years back. Not sure any of the other guys have played music since the 60's.
        May 11, 2015
    13. Aron
      Aron
      One of my favorite local bands, Sweet Spirit, is opening for Spoon on some upcoming dates. Check 'em out if they're in your area. Fun band.
    14. Aron
      Aron
      In September, I will get to witness Kraftwerk's tour stop at Bass Concert Hall in Austin, TX. Bucket list show for sure.
      1. ms_madvinyl and Corycm like this.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      Man, that "Montage of Heck" documentary hit harder than expected. Brought back a lot of good memories from that era, and a lot of bad too.
      1. crookedsparrow likes this.
      2. crookedsparrow
        crookedsparrow
        going to catch it tonight, hopefully.
        May 5, 2015
      3. Aron
        Aron
        My initial reaction was that it was a little too revealing. Very well done though, and if the goal was to chip away at the Cobain myth, it succeeded.
        May 5, 2015
    16. Aron
      Aron
      Pretty much listening to "What's Going On" on a loop tonight. The more things change...#Baltimore
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Apr 27, 2015
      3. DavidA
        DavidA
        I have never seen that clip before. It's pretty awesome.
        Apr 27, 2015
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Same here. Couldn't figure out wha the story behind that performance was, but it looked like it was closer to the album's release than other live performances on YouTube.
        Apr 27, 2015
    17. Aron
      Aron
      A reminder for those with HBO: The two night "Sinatra: All Or Nothing" documentary begins Sunday night at 8 EDT/7 CDT. Should be great.
      1. DavidA
        DavidA
        I've been eying the development of this documentary for two years. I'm really quite happy.
        Apr 4, 2015
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Hip Hop isn't usually my genre of choice, but, damn, that Kendrick performance from Colbert is just so freaking intense. Want more of that.
      1. DavidA likes this.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Much appreciation to the VMP team for a quick & satisfying resolution to some shipping issues with my March order. Best service around.
    20. Aron
      Aron
      A rough work day calls for Talking Heads' "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)". And then maybe some Julieta Venegas. Music as therapy.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly