Birthday:
May 14

Share This Page

Aron

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin, TX

New Ride track is quite good. Very poppy. Apr 23, 2019 at 11:04 AM

1. Aron
      Aron
      I had just worked through a lot of issues stemming from all of those blinking LDR gifs, and now Wilco's "Star Wars" cat is blinking at me.
      1. Woob_woob, Vebberim and tylershippit like this.
      2. MaxPGH
      3. Aron
        Aron
        @MaxPGH The lips aren't big enough on Pepe Del Rey.
        Jul 16, 2015
    2. Aron
      Aron
      Gram Parsons' $1,000 Wedding" almost brings me to tears every time I hear it, and yet, I have no idea what is really going on in that song.
      1. DavidA
        DavidA
        Heartbreak is what's going on. Just thinking about it makes me want to sob into a glass of bourbon.
        Jul 16, 2015
    3. Aron
      Aron
      Did all The Replacements fans out there see the news about the limited edition Twin Tone Years box coming out 8/11/15?
      1. wokeupnew likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Corycm
        Corycm
        I also got in on the early orders so under $60 is a bit more palatable. I'd love to own the actual Twin Tone versions, but these will definitely work for now while I hunt those down - they're getting harder to find in decent shape, and the prices has been pretty steadily rising for a few years now.
        Jul 15, 2015
      4. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        I got the Bull Moose one for $60 like Cory said. I'm just waiting for the later album box set to be announced.
        Jul 16, 2015
      5. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        I could do without All Shook Down tbh but ehhh
        Jul 16, 2015
    4. Aron
      Aron
      Awful news this morning about Nick Cave's son. Absolutely awful.
      1. Halo 2
        Halo 2
        Just read about it. RIP :(
        Jul 15, 2015
      2. mcherry
        mcherry
        Truly sad.
        Jul 15, 2015
      3. digital love
        digital love
        Outliving your children is a real tragedy. Playing some Nick at the moment and him, Susie and the rest of the family will be in my thoughts for a while to come.
        Jul 15, 2015
    5. Aron
      Aron
      Kind of kicking myself for waiting this long to pick up Calexico's "Edge Of The Sun". I could've been enjoying this one the past few months.
      1. Marco Michaels likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Aron
        Aron
        I'm enjoying this one more than some of their more recent albums. It mixes things up more musically from track to track. Each song feels distinct, which I can't really say about some of Calexico's albums. The band sounds fresh again to me for some reason. Plus, anytime you get Neko Case and Iron & Wine to help, it isn't going to be bad.
        Jul 14, 2015
      4. Aron
        Aron
        @Corycm I think I have most of Calexico's official releases. Been a fan since they started. "Garden Ruin", "Carried To Dust" & "Algiers" all have some really nice songs on them, but none of them have made much of an overall impression the way this new one is. Also, I try not to double kick myself. Ever.
        Jul 14, 2015
      5. Aron
        Aron
        Those additional songs will turn up somewhere eventually. They always do. And I'm a very patient dude.
        Jul 14, 2015
    6. Aron
      Aron
      1. wokeupnew likes this.
      2. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        I wish I liked them enough to jump on that because that's a good deal
        Jul 14, 2015
      3. mattonfire
        mattonfire
        Great deal. I'd jump on it if I already didn't own 3 of the 7.
        Jul 14, 2015
      4. Aron
        Aron
        @mattonfire That's kind of the boat I'm in. I've got 2 of them. Still a good deal, and if I had an extra $100 lying around, I'd probably go ahead and pull the trigger.
        Jul 14, 2015
    7. Aron
      Aron
      Cool to see that the legendary Ennio Morricone is going to score Tarantino's upcoming western, "The Hateful Eight".
      1. mcherry and Taylor like this.
    8. Aron
      Aron
      Originally said I wasn't going to see "Amy" right away, but I think I've had a change of heart. Gonna check it out today.
      1. digital love
        digital love
        I've got a week to wait until it's in my local cinema, but am really looking forward to seeing it after all the great reviews it has been receiving.
        Jul 11, 2015
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I hope there is a discussion about it on the board somewhere after more people have had a chance to see it. I thought it was a tough watch, but really well done. It is going to be on my mind for a while I think, particularly a couple of specific moments.
        Jul 11, 2015
      3. digital love
        digital love
        I've heard it's pretty tough but it is one of those films I feel like I have to watch
        Jul 11, 2015
    9. Aron
      Aron
      I'm supposed to be working this afternoon, but how can I when HBO is currently airing "Krush Groove"?
      1. Corycm and Halo 2 like this.
    10. Aron
      Aron
      Anybody else watching the CNN series "The Seventies"? CNN definitely has its issues, but this series has been pretty interesting.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Whew! I was beginning to think I was the only one watching. I've only caught a few of the episodes. This past episode about Crime and Cults was pretty gripping. I have a weird fascination with New York in the 70's. It just always feels so decadent and borderline apocalyptic.
        Jul 11, 2015
      3. DavidA
        DavidA
        A Taxi Driver fan, huh?
        Jul 11, 2015
      4. Aron
        Aron
        Just that whole era. Son of Sam. Reggie Jackson/Billy Martin era Yankees. Studio 54. When they described part of New York as looking like post WW2 Berlin, it pretty much matched the footage they were showing perfectly.
        Jul 11, 2015
    11. Aron
      Aron
      From the "Damn, that sucks" category: X guitarist Billy Zoom diagnosed with Bladder Cancer.
      1. mcherry
        mcherry
        Crap.
        Jul 9, 2015
    12. Aron
      Aron
      The Temptations' "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone" ain't nuthin' to F with.
      1. mcherry and Halo 2 like this.
      2. Peyton
        Peyton
        Literally my background music when I do something epic.
        Jul 9, 2015
      3. Aron
        Aron
        A couple of DJs at KUTX clearly love that song, as it gets played fairly regularly. It's got the swagger of "Theme From Shaft", and the message fueled funk of Curtis Mayfield circa "Super Fly", all rolled into one track.
        Jul 9, 2015
    13. Aron
      1. DavidA likes this.
      2. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        Any 'Fela For Beginners' recommendations out of the 6?
        Jul 7, 2015
      3. tylershippit
        tylershippit
        Jul 7, 2015
      4. Aron
        Aron
        @Melt Face Molly Drop I'd be interested in recommendations as well. I just saw that link in a tweet from Brian Eno, and thought I'd pass the info along.
        Jul 8, 2015
    14. Aron
      Aron
      I just this very minute realized that director/actor Mark Duplass was in the group Volcano, I'm Still Excited!!
      1. Jake! likes this.
    15. Aron
      Aron
      So Prince has pulled his music from all streaming services not named Tidal. Maybe Taylor Swift needs to put pen to paper again.
      2. Aron
        Aron
        Isn't this actually the 2nd time he's done this? I think he withheld his music from all online outlets for a really long time. Even YouTube. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought for the longest time he was right there with Garth Brooks and The Beatles in his views of allowing his music online.
        Jul 1, 2015
      3. Peyton
        Peyton
        This should be added to that Prince thread I posted because yay, Prince. Or post the article, I want to read
        Jul 1, 2015
      4. DavidA
        DavidA
        Prince broke my heart tonight. That is all.
        Jul 1, 2015
    16. Aron
      Aron
      CNN is currently airing the documentary "Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me", and it is absolutely heartbreaking. Alzheimer's is a mother f'er.
      1. Kris
        Kris
        I'm recording it...really looking forward to watching it and crying alot.
        Jun 28, 2015
      2. Aron
        Aron
        I recorded the first hour, so I'll have to watch that later. I caught the Austin stop on his last tour, and while he flubbed some lines, his guitar work was still incredible. The doc alternates between loving and heartbreaking.
        Jun 28, 2015
    17. Aron
      Aron
      Patti Smith leads the Glastonbury crowd in singing "Happy Birthday" to the Dali Lama live on stage. Because, you know...Patti Smith.
    18. Aron
      Aron
      Excited to catch Alejandro Escovedo at the legendary Cactus Cafe tomorrow night. Al's shows at the Cactus are always really special events.
    19. Aron
      Aron
      Hearing lots of positive talk around that new Kacey Musgraves album. I know @DavidA & others have been singing her praises for a while now.
      2. DavidA
        DavidA
        I'm going to echo @MaxPGH 's sentiments. It's a solid release with stuff that would've been more than welcome on her first album.
        Jun 25, 2015
      3. helllord
        helllord
        haven't listened to the new one yet, but i love her enough to buy it blind
        Jun 25, 2015
      4. DavidA
        DavidA
        Baecey Musgraves*
        Jun 25, 2015
    20. Aron
      Aron
      Just heard Elvis Costello's "Miracle Man" on the radio. I love the attitude of those early EC albums, particularly "My Aim Is True".
      1. Taylor likes this.
      2. Taylor
        Taylor
        such a great record
        Jun 24, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    May 14

Signature

#TeamCurmudgeonly