chrb98
Last Activity:
Nov 15, 2018 at 1:20 AM
Birthday:
March 26

Share This Page

chrb98

I'm so glad Stan Lee lived long enough to see Marvel become the absolute most successful it has ever been Nov 12, 2018 at 6:36 PM

chrb98 was last seen:
Nov 15, 2018 at 1:20 AM
    1. chrb98
      chrb98
      I'm so glad Stan Lee lived long enough to see Marvel become the absolute most successful it has ever been
      1. HiFi Guy, bfly, geistvox and 10 others like this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        Marvel has always, to varying degrees, been a big deal. Its gone through waxes and wanes, peaks and valleys of popularity, success, and quality. I think its almost indisputable that the past 10 years have been an unparalleled and unprecedented peak. if Marvel wasnt an empire before, it sure is now. Stan Lee couldve died decades before it happened and would still be a legend. But thank god he got to see it happen
        Nov 12, 2018 at 6:40 PM
        CAPacelli, foks, ModernCyrus and 4 others like this.
      3. foks
        foks
        This is really beautiful :)
        Nov 13, 2018 at 12:46 AM
    2. chrb98
      chrb98
      The US government has knowingly and willfully released doctored footage to justify their actions against the press. This cant be forgotten
      1. gregathon, AnthonyI, teee and 2 others like this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Does anyone ever feel like that guy is going to have to be dragged out of the White House? The Trump Administration beats anything I've ever seen and the Republicans are complicit in this shit.
        Nov 8, 2018
      3. AnthonyI
        AnthonyI
        My dad used to tell me, in any fight or disagreement, if one person/party fights fair and the other doesn't, the one who isn't will usually win. It's time for the Dem's to end this shit. Note: I am by no means saying the Dems are clean as a whistle, but the bullying, and indiference to the violence our leader is insightig needs to come to an end.
        Nov 9, 2018 at 6:25 AM
        twentytwo likes this.
      4. Enoch
        Enoch
        @AnthonyI but you also don't want to become the monster you are fighting, dirty fighters typically only win in the short run (doesn't always seem that way because they are replaced by someone using similar tactics - we have to break that cycle)
        Nov 9, 2018 at 11:20 AM
        AnthonyI likes this.
    3. chrb98
      chrb98
      Isn't there something I'm supposed to go do today...?
      1. twentytwo and Phaneronic like this.
      2. twentytwo
        twentytwo
        Nudie Magazine Day!
        Nov 6, 2018
        Nathaniel D., Phaneronic and NateOEB like this.
      3. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        save Empire Records
        Nov 6, 2018
    4. chrb98
      chrb98
      Yo does anyone know if VMP's Soul Food pressing is a remaster? Or is it the same master as the 90s promo copies? (Or digital master?)
      1. Phaneronic likes this.
      2. TCell
        TCell
        It's a 45rpm remaster at Battery studios / pressed at GZ according to their product page. As with most things from VMP, I would assume it is remastered in high-res digital. (Either ADA or DDA)
        Oct 29, 2018
        chrb98, Phaneronic and DJSJ like this.
      3. Phaneronic
        Phaneronic
        New master and it sounds AMAZING. If you're in the market for a copy you should definitely consider VMP's.
        Oct 29, 2018
        chrb98 likes this.
      4. chrb98
        chrb98
        @Phaneronic Oh yeah I have it, it sounds great! Just realized earlier that I couldn't find any info on Discogs, or on the release announcement, about the mastering used. Thanks @TCell for the info, didn't even think to check the store page for it ha
        Oct 29, 2018
        Phaneronic likes this.
    5. chrb98
      chrb98
      Noname is one of the best rappers in the game right now
      1. NateOEB and ThePakoBuelna like this.
    6. chrb98
      chrb98
      Storf broke the Internet today. Move over, Kim K
      1. nolady, wokeupnew, mcherry and 4 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Mather
        Mather
        Storf/KimK.nakedchampagne.jpeg
        Oct 24, 2018
      4. indiemisanthrope
        indiemisanthrope
        More like @ Lee Nudeman, amirite?
        Oct 24, 2018
      5. sahomerrocks
        Oct 25, 2018
        chrb98 likes this.
    7. chrb98
      chrb98
      Halloween2018 is a very good movie w/ a couple of questionable decisions & a lot of very good ones. Go see it if youre on the fence about it
      1. BenMal, Hollywood and tvham like this.
    8. chrb98
      chrb98
      I get that its just general slang for “weirdo” in Florida, but it will never not be awkward hearing Denzel Curry rap “I’m a gook”
      1. Nathaniel D. likes this.
      2. Santi Chacin
        Santi Chacin
        not awk for me, but then again...
        Oct 18, 2018
      3. Tyr
        Tyr
        Weird, and unsettling. And I'm from FL originally!
        Oct 18, 2018
    9. chrb98
      chrb98
      Anyone else forget how far we are into the year? I hear “that’s happening October 17th” and I think “Damn, that’s in a couple months right?”
      1. Juiceless, wokeupnew, EmeryRK and 5 others like this.
      2. Melt Face Molly Drop
        Melt Face Molly Drop
        I forget how far I am into this life often. Lost track of my age after 27.
        Oct 15, 2018
        Tyr and Phaneronic like this.
      3. nolady
        nolady
        I was getting mad about program scheduling on my TV because I thought we were still in September. I am not prepared to adult this month.
        Oct 15, 2018
        Phaneronic likes this.
    10. chrb98
      chrb98
      The tip-on jacket for Saba looks NIIIICE
      1. notgabewhite and Clay Conder like this.
    11. chrb98
      chrb98
      2xLP purple vinyl Deathconsciousness on its way! Just in time for the spooky season!
      1. Nathaniel D., Jake! and wokeupnew like this.
      2. Jake!
        Jake!
        we've got a really nice copy of this at our store right now, I reaaaaaally want to pick it up
        Oct 12, 2018
        Nathaniel D. and GritNGlitter like this.
      3. Nathaniel D.
        Nathaniel D.
        Got my shipping notice yesterday. SO excited. @Jake! DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. If it's one of the new reissues, they have supposedly been able to improve the quality of the master, especially since the original hi-res files have been lost for a while now. Also, I guarantee Discogs prices are going to be high for the colored editions. They've all been like $65+ in the past.
        Oct 12, 2018
        Jake! likes this.
      4. Jake!
        Jake!
        I forget which pressing it is, it's an older one though. it ain't cheap
        Oct 12, 2018
        Nathaniel D. likes this.
    12. chrb98
      chrb98
      Can't believe I'm asking this question in the year 2018, but is the new Usher album any good?
    13. chrb98
      chrb98
      Earliest I've gotten a shipping notice in forever! Also the first time in forever that I'm only expecting one record... coincidence?
      1. Nathaniel D. and LeeVing like this.
      2. LeeVing
        LeeVing
        Probably, I have 4 in my box and got a notice this morning.
        Oct 5, 2018
        Nathaniel D. likes this.
    14. chrb98
      chrb98
      Remind me: Which rapper has been wearing VMP merch a bunch recently?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Colonel_Angus
        Colonel_Angus
        Stratosphere
        Oct 4, 2018
      3. Woob_woob
        Woob_woob
        Mesosphere
        Oct 4, 2018
      4. Enoch
        Enoch
        exosphere
        Oct 4, 2018
        OhCalebBeck and notgabewhite like this.
    15. chrb98
      chrb98
      "Your Track is scheduled to change to 'Rap & Hip Hop' on 10/01/2018" this means I'll get Saba, right? Tracks system still confusing...
      1. Kris
        Kris
        You can now switch your current track for one of the other tracks. If you’re subscribed to Essentials and don’t want TVZ, you can swap it for Saba. It will revert back to Essentials next month. It will switch to Hip-Hop going forward the way you did it. You’ll get Saba.
        Sep 29, 2018
        mcherry, Mr Moore and chrb98 like this.
      2. Kris
        Kris
        That was a long winded answer!
        Sep 29, 2018
        chrb98 likes this.
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        @Kris yeah but it’s a long winded system so it’s necessary :P thanks!
        Sep 29, 2018
    16. chrb98
      chrb98
      "Im an ass with that semi; call me semicolon" Wouldn't be a Wayne album without at least one or two cringeworthy lines
      1. TheGun
        TheGun
        I think its more subtle than that, it wouldn't be Wayne if he didn't put so much effort into a wordplay that goes in a insane meaningless line.
        Sep 29, 2018
        chrb98 likes this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        @TheGun I'll take an awkward bar from Wayne over an awkward bar from someone like Big Sean any time - at least Wayne's are crazy enough to call out :P
        Sep 29, 2018
        TheGun likes this.
    17. chrb98
      chrb98
      sticky pudding Kanye West. You can still love his music. I will. But as a person, he can go sticky pudding himself
      1. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        At what point does his person ruin the music? I think this would be it
        Sep 27, 2018
        GritNGlitter, lee newman and chrb98 like this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        @wokeupnew we’ll see - to me personally, the line of “separating the art from the artist” has more to do with if the art itself reflects the shitty actions of the artist. So if he starts dropping bars on Yandhi about how Bari is innocent and Alex Jones is a sacred warrior or some shit, then yeah I’m out
        Sep 27, 2018
      3. Tyr
        Tyr
        What'd he do this time?
        Sep 27, 2018
        lee newman likes this.
    18. chrb98
      chrb98
      Im sure its been mentioned, but I love that the "Fans Also Like" section on Jon Tabakin's Spotify page is filled with VMP-affiliated artists
      1. GritNGlitter, syngts, Jake! and 3 others like this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        Right now, it's Gary Chandler, The Lightmen Plus One, Desmond Dekker, Darrell Banks, Silvertones, Suzi Wu, and Charlie Rouse... VMP forum influence is STRONG
        Sep 26, 2018
        syngts, Jake!, mcherry and 1 other person like this.
      3. syngts
        syngts
        so we're, like, a group of people that listen to pretty much the exact same music, except we're kinda far away from each other.. how cool is that!
        Sep 26, 2018
        GelloJive likes this.
    19. chrb98
      chrb98
      I need me a Run The Jewels x Royce collab
      1. Woob_woob and Goodjc91 like this.
    20. chrb98
      chrb98
      My VMP box has been ping-ponging between Portland and Troutdale for three days now. Smartpost, at least give the illusion that you’re trying
      1. hatfieldpdx
        hatfieldpdx
        Ridiculous. My box has been partying in Portland all day, making no attempt to travel in my direction. Most of my VMP packages stop in Portland before taking a 150 mile detour to Kent, WA (and then returning), so it will surely be a few more days.
        Sep 18, 2018
        lee newman likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    March 26