Eye know eye I love you better! Mar 20, 2019 at 12:41 PM

chrb98 was last seen:
Mar 20, 2019 at 9:41 PM
    1. chrb98
      chrb98
      Eye know eye I love you better!
    2. chrb98
      chrb98
      So apparently I will have a replacement copy of "De La Soul Is Dead" coming my way soon. Which I did not expect, given what others have said
      1. Dead C, DeadwaxDude and Hollywood like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        @Mather Emailed Saturday, got a response today. As happy as I am to get a replacement copy, I hope I'm not taking one away from somebody who had an issue with the actual vinyl (The sleeve on mine is badly F'ed up but the LPs are fine). Glad to hear they actually do have replacement stock, but I really hope everyone who previously got told "No replacement copies left" ends up getting one
        Mar 18, 2019 at 2:49 PM
        Dead C and Mather like this.
      4. Mather
        Mather
        What the hell, I emailed last Tuesday... Happy for you but seriously what the hell... Still no reply.
        Mar 18, 2019 at 2:50 PM
        chrb98 likes this.
      5. Dead C
        Dead C
        Glad to hear that you guys are getting your stuff replaced. I completely missed out on the De La Soul Is Dead drop, so that won't affect me directly, but having just rejoined the club after several months, because of repeated damage, I was starting to get spooked in general. Especially, now that the tracks are even selling out. I feel comfortable that VMP is still trying to make things right, when possible
        Mar 18, 2019 at 5:58 PM
        Mather and chrb98 like this.
    3. chrb98
      chrb98
      Let’s do some math. 3 double LPs + 1 single LP + single record mailer - bubble wrap = ???
      1. Nathaniel D. likes this.
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        @Crabbers Well hey now, think of all the precious pennies they save by skipping out on two sheets of bubble wrap and an extra inch of cardboard ;)
        Mar 16, 2019 at 8:44 PM
        Crabbers and Dead C like this.
      4. Dead C
        Dead C
        I canceled my subscription over that, and just rejoined, hoping it had changed. I got 2 albums today -- 3 Feet High and Oriental Jazz -- and they seem to be alright, but there was no bubble wrap in there and there was definitely room for it. I was lucky this time. Sorry to hear about your stuff being mangled
        Mar 16, 2019 at 8:50 PM
        chrb98 likes this.
      5. Crabbers
        Crabbers
        My box was all bubble wrap...I guess you should buy more then;$
        Mar 16, 2019 at 9:37 PM
    4. chrb98
      chrb98
      Totally just fell for a scam email/job offer... no information was stolen from me or anything, I'm all safe, but I feel like an idiot lol
      1. mcherry and GritNGlitter like this.
      3. Enoch
        Enoch
        I got a text from a "company" it seemed somewhat legit (AT&T) contacted me via text for a job (it was legit) - I became suspicious though and started to give them the runaround, they didn't blink and doubled down on the scam - I contacted the spoofed company to report them
        Mar 15, 2019 at 8:31 AM
        mcherry and chrb98 like this.
      4. chrb98
        chrb98
        Looking back on it the email was definitely very suspicious, but it came from a previous professor of mine so I wasn't even thinking of the possibility of it being fake tbh. Turns out their email account was hacked into. The lengths some people go through to do this stuff is ridiculous lol
        Mar 15, 2019 at 1:34 PM
        mcherry likes this.
      5. mcherry
        mcherry
        Well then you can’t feel bad about that. It came from a familiar email.
        Mar 15, 2019 at 1:37 PM
    5. chrb98
      chrb98
      From a standpoint based purely on my own personal enjoyment (not legacy/influence/etc) I think American Footballs newest album is their best
      1. Corycm likes this.
      2. Corycm
        Corycm
        I’m interested. I think my copy arrived today, but won’t be home to spin it until Saturday.
        Mar 14, 2019 at 8:12 PM
    6. chrb98
      chrb98
      I’ve been listening to almost nothing but Atmosphere for the past month and I gotta say it’s highly recommendable
      1. nolady likes this.
      2. KenKaniff
        Mar 13, 2019
        chrb98 likes this.
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        @KenKaniff Oh that's dope! If I hadn't already gotten some stuff signed at their show last week I'd cop that in a heartbeat. Hell, I still might lol
        Mar 13, 2019
    7. chrb98
      chrb98
      Andre Nickatina x Mac Dre - "A Tale Of Two Andres" has never had a vinyl release before. VMP, you know what to do
      1. Dead C likes this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        I recognize that it's an incredibly niche request and probably not even in the top 100 most requested albums for VMP to press but this is the hill I am going to die on y'all. You can take the gal out of the hyphy but you can't take the hyphy out of the gal
        Mar 11, 2019
        Dead C likes this.
    8. chrb98
      chrb98
      Pouring one out for the international customers :(
    9. chrb98
      chrb98
      What does it mean on the RSD release list when an item doesn't have a number in the quantity section?
      1. Yer Ol' Uncle D
        Yer Ol' Uncle D
        I've always translated no number as meaning it's going to be a wide release with a shitload of copies available. So far I've been right.
        Mar 11, 2019
        GritNGlitter and chrb98 like this.
      2. chrb98
        chrb98
        @Yer Ol' Uncle D good to hear - I figured that might've been the case, but I also wondered if it was possible that they just didn't know yet how much stock their would be. Seems pretty damn unlikely that that'd be the case though lol
        Mar 11, 2019
    10. chrb98
      chrb98
      Shih ping note is!
      1. folsom_lives likes this.
    11. chrb98
      chrb98
      Captain Marvel was really fun! It wasn’t a cinematic masterpiece but if you’re already a MCU fan I can’t imagine you’d dislike it
      1. Woob_woob, Aron, Siglet and 2 others like this.
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        @OhCalebBeck The actual movie itself won't spoil anything at all, but leave IMMEDIATELY after the credits start - the mid-credits is a pretty massive spoiler for someone who isn't caught up
        Mar 8, 2019
        OhCalebBeck likes this.
      4. dirty hands
        dirty hands
        I'm not as thrilled by the trailer for this as some of the other Marvel movies, but I've been surprised before by MCU movies I wasn't expecting much from. I'll probably see it in theaters to feel like I'm supporting it in some way even though in reality I'm just feeding Disney.
        Mar 8, 2019
        GritNGlitter and chrb98 like this.
      5. chrb98
        chrb98
        @dirty hands it was a very solid "introductory" movie - not the best one in the franchise but I'd say it's much closer to the best than to the worst. Gave off the same vibes as those early MCU introductory movies, which some people may not like but I thought it was a nice throwback
        Mar 8, 2019
    12. chrb98
      chrb98
      Atmosphere show last night was great - killer set list, awesome performances, even got a record signed by Slug!
      1. angryalan, wallystripes and Enaz Fox like this.
      2. angryalan
        angryalan
        Fvcking Slug?! Ohhh my goddd. He is so fvcking ugly.
        Mar 7, 2019
        chrb98 likes this.
    13. chrb98
      chrb98
      Atmosphere concert tonight! So stoked!
    14. chrb98
      chrb98
      #NotMyCowboy
      1. kickerofelves and bohnjaggs like this.
      3. chrb98
        chrb98
        @kickerofelves ha, I think MOST of us are just joking around, I’m sure it’s almost all in jest. I have seen a small handful of some prettyyyy angry tweets though
        Mar 5, 2019
        kickerofelves likes this.
      4. kickerofelves
        kickerofelves
        His "I never even heard of that record" did put a bad taste in my mouth because like WHATEVER BRO ROTY 2018 DEAL
        Mar 5, 2019
        bohnjaggs and chrb98 like this.
      5. chrb98
        Mar 5, 2019
        kickerofelves and bohnjaggs like this.
    15. chrb98
      chrb98
      Also was there a place to put in your email address for the survey or no? I never entered mine in which I usually have to do
      1. gafacaode and bohnjaggs like this.
      2. SpaceMees
        SpaceMees
        Guess not. finished the survey and then realized: damn where was I supposed to put in my email?
        Mar 3, 2019
        gafacaode, Zakattak and chrb98 like this.
      3. evanbenner
        evanbenner
        Seems automatic. The email says survey links are unique to the recipient, and clicking the link again gives an "already taken" message. We should be good.
        Mar 3, 2019
        foks, gafacaode, Hollywood and 8 others like this.
    16. chrb98
      chrb98
      Corporate services asking about my marijuana usage is... weird
      1. View previous comments...
      2. lee newman
        lee newman
        Also, because I don’t... I made my survey like 4 questions shorter! So win for the drug free life. Someone get me some whiskey!!!
        Mar 3, 2019
        chrb98, bdm105, Zakattak and 4 others like this.
      3. wenis
        wenis
        if they were to slip me some free joints into my monthly pacakage I wouldn't mind.
        Mar 3, 2019
        chrb98 and lee newman like this.
      4. chrb98
        chrb98
        @wenis come 2020 VMP will do away with cocktail recipes and instead include a companion strain for each ROTM
        Mar 3, 2019
        lee newman likes this.
    17. chrb98
      chrb98
      Hop Along tickets secured!
      1. combo, lee newman, Hollywood and 4 others like this.
      2. foks
        foks
        w00t!
        Mar 3, 2019
        chrb98 likes this.
    18. chrb98
      chrb98
      new American Football album is realllll good. Wasnt sure how much I really needed a new album from them after AF2 but boy oh boy I was wrong
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
      3. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        Is it much better than AF2? I thought that one was really disappointing
        Mar 1, 2019
        chrb98 likes this.
      4. chrb98
        chrb98
        @wokeupnew it’s a lot better and quite different. It’s even more dreamy and post rock esque, but it still has a handful of songs with more “clarity” so to speak. I think it’s MILES ahead of AF2
        Mar 1, 2019
        wokeupnew likes this.
      5. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        @chrb98 awesome. I was probably not going to listen to it because AF2 was so bad, but I'll have to give it a listen.
        Mar 1, 2019
    19. chrb98
      chrb98
      What is the instrument that goes boooiiiingboingboingboing?
      1. Phaneronic likes this.
      3. Tillman
        Tillman
        just listened to the song you referenced, that might be a didgeridoo or could be the mouth harp
        Feb 28, 2019
        Phaneronic and chrb98 like this.
      4. chrb98
        chrb98
        Looks like it's the mouth/jew/jaw harp, thanks y'all!
        Feb 28, 2019
        Phaneronic likes this.
      5. BenMal
        BenMal
        Right when I read this status I immediately thought “Lion In A Coma”
        Feb 28, 2019
    20. chrb98
      chrb98
      Holy calamity, scream insanity!
      1. ponman2003, MattHasIdeas and Mather like this.
  • About

Birthday:
    March 26