geistvox
Last Activity:
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:00 PM

Share This Page

geistvox

Well-Known Member, Male, from Austin-ish

The Spins would have been a great prefunc to TV on the Radio, but Austin still doesn't have a new venue. Nov 2, 2018

geistvox was last seen:
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:00 PM
    1. geistvox
      geistvox
      The Spins would have been a great prefunc to TV on the Radio, but Austin still doesn't have a new venue.
      1. chrb98 likes this.
    2. geistvox
      geistvox
      There's gonna be a Miya bundle now, right? ;)
    3. geistvox
      geistvox
      Who am I going to see at ACL Fest weekend 2? Not the bands, silly! You!! Which of you VMP'ers can I run into?
      1. Nathaniel D. likes this.
    4. geistvox
      geistvox
      Returned from my first overseas trip with a short stack of 90's alternative finds, my ACL wristband waiting for me, and the sick.
      1. bohnjaggs, Nathaniel D. and tvham like this.
      2. tvham
        tvham
        *ears perk up* 90's alternative??
        Oct 1, 2018
      3. geistvox
        geistvox
        seemed the easiest way to encompass The The, Erasure, Jesus Jones, Elastica, PWEI, Sonic Youth, and Curve.
        Oct 2, 2018
        tvham likes this.
    5. geistvox
      geistvox
      My first international trip starts today and hells yes I've banked time to hit some record stores!
      1. Phaneronic, Skalap, twentytwo and 3 others like this.
      2. nolady
        nolady
        Have an awesome time!!!
        Sep 19, 2018
        Phaneronic likes this.
    6. geistvox
      geistvox
      Willie Nelson tickets bought. 2018 has been a great year for knocking off bucket list acts!
    7. geistvox
      geistvox
      Corrupts his hard drive through the leanest months, shells out the hard cash for TVOTR at Stubb's...
      1. Mather likes this.
      2. Mather
        Mather
        Yes goddammit YES.
        Sep 14, 2018
    8. geistvox
      geistvox
      oh god. Having to choose between Justice & St. Vincent was bad enough, but ACL Fest just switched Annie & Sylvan Esso's time slots.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        Justice
        Sep 12, 2018
        Phaneronic and wooha like this.
      3. bfly
        bfly
        Justice fest set, St. Vincent late night!
        Sep 12, 2018
        nasa_life, Phaneronic and wooha like this.
      4. geistvox
        geistvox
        That was the original plan, @blfy, because I've got the W2 pass. Now ACL has swapped St Vincent with Sylvan Esso. I'll get to see St Vincent, but the late night show for Sylvan is against Macca that Friday night. oh well, I knew there were going to be casualties.
        Sep 13, 2018
    9. geistvox
      geistvox
      Okay, I got crickets in response to my request for London record store recs. I expect to get laughter for asking the same about Kiev...
      1. bfly, Eriatarka and Nathaniel D. like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. indiemisanthrope
        indiemisanthrope
        I have a friend living in Ukraine for the last year or so. Not a vinyl collector, but his descriptions of Kiev wouldn’t make me especially hopeful for you.
        Aug 23, 2018
        Eriatarka likes this.
      4. Eriatarka
      5. geistvox
        geistvox
        Diskultura holds promise and open late enough to get by after work.
        Sep 2, 2018
        Eriatarka likes this.
    10. geistvox
      geistvox
      Best shop in London to pick up 90's stuff like Ned's Atomic & Curve?
    11. geistvox
      geistvox
      Trying to make a Spotify playlist themed around playing records but "Unreadable Communication" isn't available. No point now...
    12. geistvox
      geistvox
      Freaked out that I'd found a copy of "Airs Above Your Station" while digging 'til I realized it only had one of two records in the gatefold.
      1. Phaneronic and lee newman like this.
    13. geistvox
      geistvox
      What is cut off date to sign up and get the AOTM? The 2nd of the month? I can't seem to find that info on the website.
      2. Enoch
        Enoch
        Jun 1, 2018
      3. geistvox
        geistvox
        I was for a year on two 6-month tours. Let my renewal lapse and then TVOTR was announced. I tried to go back in and reactivate my 6-month. Wasn't an option.

I emailed info@ and ten days ago Pauly said they'd get the tech team to re-up me. Follow up requests for status have gone unanswered.
        Jun 1, 2018
      4. geistvox
        geistvox
        I was concerned that tomorrow might be the cutoff. I also would like to buy some things in the store, but cannot, so of course FOMO is in high gear.
        Jun 1, 2018
    14. geistvox
      geistvox
      Re-upped for another 6 months with VMP, two weeks in Portland, and the Austin Record Store Crawl. I've fallen off the vinyl diet hard.
      1. geistvox
        geistvox
        My new avatar should be a very chubby turntable
        May 23, 2018
        GritNGlitter, Goatfish, Kris and 2 others like this.
    15. geistvox
      geistvox
      Didn't renew last month as nothing piqued my interest. Now an embarrassment of riches! Sheepishly asking for my 6 month sub back.
      1. Phaneronic likes this.
      2. kvetcha
        kvetcha
        Yeah, cancelling was a tough decision for me. And since I'd have to pay the new, higher rate to sign up, that decreases my chances of rejoining.

I suppose I'll just have to watch from afar.
        May 17, 2018
        Nathaniel D. and Phaneronic like this.
    16. geistvox
      geistvox
      Haha, Trent's showing his age. "Back in my day, we stood in line for tickets, in the snow, uphill, both ways..."
    17. geistvox
      geistvox
      And the P!nk just keeps coming: "Funhouse" LPs arrived today & another leg of shows announced. Back to Houston next March!!
      1. nolady, GritNGlitter and Heath like this.
      2. Heath
        Heath
        Maybe I'll get to actually make it to that one!
        May 4, 2018
        geistvox likes this.
    18. geistvox
      geistvox
      argh, Trent. You were supposed to play ACL Fest, not some throwback rock fest in San Antonio.
      1. Nathaniel D. and Vebberim like this.
      2. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        NIN *is* throwback rock
        May 1, 2018
    19. geistvox
      geistvox
      Damn good seats for P!nk in Houston tomorrow night! Kid's first concert. She's going to be so spoiled.
      2. geistvox
        geistvox
        Yes, it was at the Toyota Center. We were pretty much across from the tip of her heart shaped walkway. Great view of her wire work. It was an awesome show with acrobatics and pyrotechnics and the kid can barely speak for all the screaming she did.
        Apr 30, 2018
      3. Heath
        Heath
        @geistvox nice! I wanted to go, but had David Byrne tix for Saturday and 2 shows over 2 days is a bit too much for me. Plus I've got Jack White tonight
        Apr 30, 2018
      4. geistvox
        geistvox
        Hard choices. Our daughter's first choir performance was the same night as Dolly Parton or Leslie Rankine (Ruby) 's first US tour in decades. Kid won. Have fun at Jack White!
        May 1, 2018
    20. geistvox
      geistvox
      Store won't let me buy an album because I bought it previously, rec'd wrong item, and was given a refund instead of replace. Now locked out!
      2. geistvox
        geistvox
        @PaulyB You made sense. Previously what did not make sense was the album still being up for sale, allowing everyone but me to order a potentially wrong version. ;D So if SC confirms some red+black, can I get first crack? I adore the look of that variant!
        Apr 26, 2018
        PaulyB likes this.
      3. PaulyB
        PaulyB
        I'll move mountains to make that happen for yuh haha Not literal mountains, but like, computer mountains
        Apr 26, 2018
      4. Nathaniel D.
        Nathaniel D.
        @PaulyB it's not all black. Mine came in as the right variant, so it must have been a mixed batch.
        Apr 26, 2018
  • About