Lou
Last Activity:
Mar 13, 2019
Birthday:
Nov 7, 1988 (Age: 30)

Share This Page

Lou

Well-Known Member, Male, 30, from Pennsylvania

The War On Drugs "A Deeper Understanding" would be my latest highly recommended album. Beautiful stuff! Mar 12, 2019

Lou was last seen:
Mar 13, 2019
    1. Lou
      Lou
      The War On Drugs "A Deeper Understanding" would be my latest highly recommended album. Beautiful stuff!
      1. JoeMac7, wokeupnew, SimonV and 2 others like this.
      2. JoeMac7
        JoeMac7
        Have you tried the one before, Lost in the Dream? It’s better, my album of the decade thus far!
        Mar 12, 2019
        Lou and mcherry like this.
      3. Lou
        Lou
        Meaning to get around to it soon. It's on my radar. I've heard great stuff!
        Mar 13, 2019
        JoeMac7 likes this.
    2. Lou
      Lou
      Supporting VMP for supporting my Community Pick this week. Thanks, guys! Talking Head's "Fear of Music" came in the mail today. It's a must!
      1. Zakattak
        Zakattak
        Thank you for this, it's the better pick i've seen in there! I might dive in, it's a very cool initiative.
        Mar 5, 2019
        Lou likes this.
      2. Lou
        Lou
        No problem at all! It's an amazing discography and you could argue that this is only the beginning of three flawless albums in a row. Really glad you're digging it!
        Mar 5, 2019
        bettim84 and Zakattak like this.
      3. Zakattak
        Zakattak
        I just bought 77 today, which completes my collection of their studio albums. Amazing discography, indeed!
        I would argue that the beginning of their flawlessness is More Songs About Buildings and Food. Eno's era is perfect!
        Mar 5, 2019
        bettim84 and Lou like this.
    3. Lou
      Lou
      Enjoying a first listen to a 2018 remastered Tom Wait's "The Heart of Saturday Night", fresh from the record shop today.
      1. nolady
        nolady
        That's such a good album. I have an original press that is well loved.
        Feb 28, 2019
        Lou and Eriatarka like this.
      2. Eriatarka
        Eriatarka
        One of his best
        Feb 28, 2019
        Lou and nolady like this.
    4. Lou
      Lou
      Spinning away on Bon Iver's "Blood Bank" while the girlfriend gets ready to spin her VMP copy of Aimee Mann's "Mental Illness".
    5. Lou
      Lou
      Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and Neil Young's "After The Gold Rush" are getting their first spins from the VMP store today. What could go wrong?
      1. GritNGlitter likes this.
    6. Lou
      Lou
      Amazon messed up my David Bowie "Who Can I Be Now?" set and I ended up with a replacement.. the original arrived today for free! Lucky day!
      1. chrb98
        chrb98
        Given the price of that thing, that is EXTREMELY lucky :P
        Feb 25, 2019
        mcherry and Lou like this.
      2. Lou
        Lou
        I know, right? I couldn't believe the second copy (which was really the original lost in transit) still showed up! Now if that could have happened for Five Years...
        Feb 25, 2019
        GritNGlitter likes this.
    7. Lou
      Lou
      Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changin'' arrived from VMP. Giving a Sunday spin to it, as well as Future Island's "Singles".
      1. Nathaniel D., Siglet and bohnjaggs like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        Yeah. Singles is definitely my favorite/most accessible but I do like a lot of songs from their entire discography. My wife and I have seen them twice in concert too.
        Feb 24, 2019
      4. Lou
        Lou
        They're great live. I saw them once in Cincinnati. Sam Herring still managed to bring that intensity, even at a festival. Agreed that Singles is the most accessible, but man, what a solid band. I bought On The Water, Singles, and The Far Field in one fell swoop. Debating In Evening Air.
        Feb 24, 2019
        bohnjaggs likes this.
      5. bohnjaggs
        bohnjaggs
        I only have Singles and The Far Field on vinyl
        Feb 24, 2019
    8. Lou
      Lou
      Bowie's "Who Can I Be Now?" has arrived! I'm a huge fan of the Thin White Duke era, so I have a good feeling about this weekend! Cheers!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Lou
        Lou
        Hey, glad to hear everything went smoothly for you! Enjoy, bud! If you remember to, let me know your thoughts on "Five Years". You're in for something special and some quality pressings.
        Feb 23, 2019
      3. Enoch
        Enoch
        seeing I am most familiar the five years material I expect to enjoy it immensely
        Feb 23, 2019
      4. Lou
        Lou
        I think you'll be happy with what you get. The two live albums are well placed too.
        Feb 23, 2019
    9. Lou
      Lou
      90's night. Nirvana's "Nevermind" and "In Utero" took their first spin tonight. Beer was drank.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Lou
        Lou
        Thank you, sir. I really found myself wondering which album's stronger. I might lean towards In Utero. It felt a little more cohesive.
        Feb 22, 2019
      3. marshall
        marshall
        In Utero is definitely more creative but Nevemind is an all timer. Landmark gamechanging album. I enjoy it more.
        Feb 22, 2019
        Lou likes this.
      4. Lou
        Lou
        It's an odd situation for me. A band where singles are shoved down your throat constantly, but if you've never tried the albums... I had to make an effort not to get disoriented, knowing everything coming on "Heart Shaped Box" and "Rape Me", then hearing "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge..." for the first time. That's what made Nevermind a little lopsided for me too. A few more spins will blend things in better.
        Feb 23, 2019
    10. Lou
      Lou
      The Cure's "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me" and Future Islands "On The Water" took their first spin today. Two albums I highly recommend.
    11. Lou
      Lou
      Beach House's "Teen Dream" and "Depression Cherry" are getting the initial spin today.
      1. JoeMac7, DeadwaxDude, JonnyH and 3 others like this.
    12. Lou
      Lou
      Fugee's "The Score", Feist's "Let It Die", and Van Morrison's "Veedon Fleece" all turned out to be fantastic Essential pressings.
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 7, 1988 (Age: 30)