Last Activity:
Apr 18, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Followers 1

Birthday:
Jun 25, 1993 (Age: 25)

Share This Page

Speedracer

Well-Known Member, Male, 25, from Amsterdam

I have officially filled up my 4x2 Kallax and have begun spilling over into other places. Question:stop buying records or buy a new Kallax? Feb 4, 2019

Speedracer was last seen:
Apr 18, 2019 at 5:22 PM
    1. Speedracer
      Speedracer
      I have officially filled up my 4x2 Kallax and have begun spilling over into other places. Question:stop buying records or buy a new Kallax?
      1. Nathaniel D. and CAPacelli like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        I'm with @CAPacelli. It's at least time to go through what you have and assess what you really listen to. The only rent our stuff pays is our engagement with it.
        Feb 4, 2019
        bfly, wokeupnew and CAPacelli like this.
      4. dbarila
        dbarila
        Time for a 4x4!
        Feb 4, 2019
        Speedracer, Wolfman Jack and tvham like this.
      5. wokeupnew
        wokeupnew
        What @GritNGlitter and @CAPacelli said. I don't feel so bad about getting rid of albums when 1) It's going to a home that I know will appreciate them more than I will and 2) they have some value and can get some $$$ for them on discogs
        Feb 4, 2019
        mcherry, GritNGlitter and CAPacelli like this.
    2. Speedracer
      Speedracer
      So I received an order from Mr. Bongo and 4 out 8 records were missing...
      1. Mather and panino like this.
      2. Mather
        Mather
        It's going around. They were very good with me when I had an issue with a shipment from them. Just email them.
        Jan 2, 2019
        Speedracer likes this.
      3. Speedracer
        Speedracer
        Yeah that was the first thing I did. Was just so confused when the mailer arrived, cause it was basically the size of the smallest mailer VMP uses. So I was just thinking, how the hell did they fit 8 records in there?
        Jan 2, 2019
    3. Speedracer
      Speedracer
      Anyone have the reissue (2014 I think) of James Brown - A Soulful Christmas? Mine is a little noisy on some tracks, wondering if it's mine
      1. CAPacelli likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Speedracer
        Speedracer
        Thanks man, appreciate it. I ordered it through Amazon US, which even with international shipping was the cheapest. But now I'm debating whether it's worth the trouble of sending it back. Shipping would cost more than the record itself. And it's just parts of two or three tracks that have surface noise
        Dec 16, 2018
      4. Speedracer
        Speedracer
        I chatted with their customer service and explained the problem. They offered to refund me, without me having to return the item. There are even refunding the shipping costs, which is great because I had chosen expedited shipping for $12
        Dec 16, 2018
      5. CAPacelli
        CAPacelli
        So my copy sounds really good, no noise at all. I did spin clean it before I played. Maybe yours just needs a good cleaning? But glad you were able to get it sorted with Amazon
        Dec 16, 2018
        Speedracer likes this.
    4. Speedracer
      Speedracer
      Semi-drunk question: is the cooking and cleaning worth the fun of a Thanksgiving diner (it's 3 in the morning here and I just finished)?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. GritNGlitter
        GritNGlitter
        Yes. Best with a group to tackle cleanup all at once though.
        Dec 1, 2018
        Speedracer likes this.
      3. Speedracer
        Speedracer
        Sadly my kitchen is too small for multiple people to really help, so it was up to me and a friend who had organized the diner. Waking up this morning it was definitely worth it, but I felt differently last night while I spent 2 hours cleaning the kitchen while drunk. Looking forward to killing those leftovers the coming days
        Dec 2, 2018
        GritNGlitter likes this.
      4. HiFi Guy
        HiFi Guy
        I like your original idea of a Thanksgiving diner. Someone else does the cooking and the cleanup.
        Dec 2, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 25, 1993 (Age: 25)