Comments on Profile Post by Tillman

1. indiemisanthrope
    indiemisanthrope
    I buy a new pair of LL Bean Wicked Good Scuffs (they also make a full moccasin) every 2-3 years and I'll never quit until I die.
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, mcherry, Woob_woob and 4 others like this.
  2. Kris
    Kris
    Acorn slippers are good too. You can usually find deals and they last a long time. The boiled wool mocs.
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, mcherry, bfly and 2 others like this.
  3. Kris
    Kris
    I know you said no fancy ones, but shearling lined mocs are warm and they breathe so your feet don’t get too hot.
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, GritNGlitter and Tillman like this.
  4. Tyr
  5. folsom_lives
    folsom_lives
    +1 on the LL Bean. I've also driven to the post office in these bad boys to drop off mail in a hurry.
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, Woob_woob, Tillman and 1 other person like this.
  6. Heath
    Heath
    Mahabis! I bought a pair for myself and liked them so much I got them for several family members as Christmas gifts. They even come with a rubber sole that you can snap on to make them more outdoors-appropriate
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, bfly, GritNGlitter and 1 other person like this.
  7. Heath
    Heath
    Correction: I just went to their website and it looks like their current design has the more durable sole permanently attached now. Which I think is better.
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, GritNGlitter and Tillman like this.
  8. Tillman
    Tillman
    thanks so much everyone!! a lot of great stuff here, you are all super helpful. Thanks again!!
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od likes this.
  9. GritNGlitter
    GritNGlitter
    I like my Mahabis too! And like @Heath, just discovered that they now do a permanent durable sole, and now I want a new pair.
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od and Tillman like this.
  10. Melt Face Molly Drop
    Melt Face Molly Drop
    Nov 26, 2018
    GritNGlitter, bfly, 6od and 3 others like this.
  11. Heath
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, bfly, Tillman and 3 others like this.
  12. Woob_woob
    Woob_woob
    +1 on the LL Bean. I get a new pair every year and practically lived in them 24/7 in my 20s
    Nov 26, 2018
  13. mcherry
    mcherry
    Following because I need new slippers. Lots of good recs here.
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od, Tillman and Heath like this.
  14. Tillman
    Tillman
    I never really shopped for slippers before, I just would get whatever, but looking into this it's deep. this year I am getting really nice snow boots, next year might need to be slippers!
    Nov 26, 2018
    6od and GritNGlitter like this.
  15. 6od
    6od
    following. i also recently stole some slippers from my mom thatwere too small for her, and they are the best slippers i’ve ever worn. will find details soon. they have thick rubber soles, but furry cozy on the inside without being he kind of furry that gets weird or clumpy. and they hug my foot without it hurting but don’t slip off and they’re slides. i cannot believe how perfect they are.
    Nov 26, 2018
    bfly likes this.
  16. 6od
    6od
    yo @Melt Face Molly Drop i had some knee high uggs and they were my knee high slippers for YEARS and i loved them and they’re perfect for when you don’t want to wear pants but maybe it’s still cold. until one day i got paint on them and then thought i could wash them and put them in oxiclean and then they turned to rocks. RIP rocks.
    Nov 26, 2018
  17. bfly
    bfly
    also following. the news we need!
    Nov 26, 2018
  18. 6od
    6od
    UPDATE: they’re called MERRELL* Air Cushion

edit: apparently she got these a million years ago and never wore em (yay for me) but i can’t find them on the website.
    Nov 26, 2018
    GritNGlitter likes this.
  19. 6od
    6od
    this is the closest i can find so far (will keep looking): https://www.merrell.com/US/en/encore-ice-slide-q2/35313W.html
    mine have a more classic slipper look and not all the fuzzy on the outside, and mine don’t have those weird leather loops that go into the inside. that seems like it would be uncomfortable?
    Nov 26, 2018
  20. 6od
    6od
    Nov 26, 2018
  21. Melt Face Molly Drop
    Melt Face Molly Drop
    @6od My dad wears Merrell. Is this my dad speaking
    Nov 26, 2018
    bfly and 6od like this.
  22. 6od
    6od
    YOUR DAD’S FEET ARE COMFORTABLE
    Nov 26, 2018
    Heath, Tyr, mcherry and 2 others like this.
  23. GritNGlitter
    GritNGlitter
    Okay, @Tyr, just bought Christmas slipper-boots for Mr.Glitter.
    Nov 27, 2018
    6od, Tyr and mcherry like this.
  24. Tyr
    Tyr
    Yeeeeee @GritNGlitter He’s going to LOVE them. Ultra comfy and very reliable.
    Nov 27, 2018
    6od and GritNGlitter like this.