Comments on Profile Post by Mather

1. Corycm
    Corycm
    Uuuuuggh. I was just drooling over one of these. Do you love it?
    Jan 2, 2019
    GritNGlitter, Nathaniel D. and Mather like this.
  2. Mather
    Mather
    I mean... Yes? Like, it needs to burn in and so does the replacement bronze stylus I just put on the table but holy hell even now it's so damn quiet and the stage is already so much bigger. My speakers have totally vanished. I can't wait to hear this thing in a couple weeks with the new Ort Black and the Kimber cables I'm gunna grab.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Nathaniel D. and Corycm like this.
  3. Mather
    Mather
    You know what the biggest thing is though? It really minimizes any issues like pops or crackle, they're almost gone/so far in the background that it's not really a big deal. Very cool.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Corycm likes this.
  4. Corycm
    Corycm
    Another guy told me almost the exact same thing about that the imperfections. You doing the Cadenza Black with it?
    Jan 2, 2019
  5. Mather
    Mather
    I'm doing the Ort Black just because I already have the Bronze so it's just a stylus switch, and I get about 30% off Ort stuff. But I will likely switch houses down the road to maybe Nagaoka or something else. But right now I'm going with stuff I get discounts on Rega/Ort/ProJect/Arcam/Naim etc...
    Jan 2, 2019
  6. Corycm
    Corycm
    Cadenza Black is Ort - it’s just an MC cart (a pricey one at that). So you’re doing 2M Black?
    Jan 2, 2019
    Mather likes this.
  7. Mather
    Mather
    Right yes yes, yeah I forgot the 2M denomination. Yeah just the 2M. But I'm thinking of going MC after because this stage apparently sings with MC and honestly I don't even know how much better it could get. The clean sound is what's getting me. I don't know how it sounds so clean, it sounds like someone turned the volume down on the pops, but nothing else. And there is also bass coming from behind me, which is nuts.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Nathaniel D. and Corycm like this.
  8. Mather
    Mather
    I just looked up the price of the Cadenza, yeah... I'm not THAT crazy yet. I can't pay $3999 for something that wears out in a year. YET... NOT YET.
    Jan 2, 2019
  9. Corycm
    Corycm
    Well I mean, you did say you get a discount... yeah the REBUILD on that is $1300 USD, I didn’t even look at the full cart cost.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Mather likes this.
  10. Mather
    Mather
    So yeah I'd get it for like 3200. Oh my god my wife, she would... liquify me.
    Jan 2, 2019
    GritNGlitter and Corycm like this.
  11. Corycm
    Corycm
    Only like 2200 USD from Thakker. I mean, that’s like basically free, right?
    Jan 2, 2019
    GritNGlitter and Mather like this.
  12. Mather
    Mather
    When I'm liquified will you take care of my imaginary children?
    Jan 2, 2019
  13. Corycm
    Corycm
    Man, I work in marketing. I can barely pay attention, let alone child support.
    Jan 2, 2019
    GritNGlitter and Mather like this.
  14. Mather
    Mather
    That's okay, they're conceptual children, they change daily, much like marketing trends. Currently there are 37 of them and they have EXPENSIVE TASTES.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Corycm and GritNGlitter like this.
  15. GritNGlitter
    GritNGlitter
    I really like you guys.
    Jan 2, 2019
    Mather and Corycm like this.