Comments on Profile Post by Crabbers

1. HiFi Guy
    HiFi Guy
    Digitally remastered but not bad.
    Jan 3, 2019
    DeadwaxDude and AnthonyI like this.
  2. ranbalam
    ranbalam
    I was thinking about buying myself the Song Remains the Same reissue for a post-Christmas present but I haven't heard much about that one. I have Zep III and Coda, the extra material on Coda is well worth it. As far as sound, I agree with HiFi Guy, not bad.
    Jan 3, 2019
    AnthonyI likes this.
  3. HiFi Guy
    HiFi Guy
    I've got the 4 LP Song Remains The Same. It's fine. I think I still prefer How The West Was Won, which I still need.
    Jan 3, 2019
    AnthonyI likes this.
  4. ranbalam
    ranbalam
    I have a beat up one from my youth that is just a bit too scratchy to play, but "It's fine" is definitely not a ringing endorsement for the new one. Hmm, maybe I'll get spendy on something else. My friend has a super deluxe Hello Nasty that I'm pretty jealous of, maybe I go that direction.
    Jan 3, 2019
    AnthonyI likes this.
  5. Crabbers
    Crabbers
    Should I wait for something better to come along or will the recent remasters do? Looking to find clean forever copies for my collection..part of my 2019 nye vinyl resolution :)
    Jan 3, 2019
    DeadwaxDude and AnthonyI like this.
  6. HiFi Guy
    HiFi Guy
    I don't think there will be another round of remasters on these.
    Jan 3, 2019
    AnthonyI and Crabbers like this.
  7. oldschoolkirby
    oldschoolkirby
    I think they are quite good, and like @HiFi Guy said, probably won't be remastered again anytime soon. It would be really interesting to see the catalog get an anniversary remix, ala Sgt. Pepper and the White Album, but don't think Jimmy Page would allow it (while he's still alive).
    Jan 3, 2019
    HiFi Guy and DeadwaxDude like this.
  8. DeadwaxDude
    DeadwaxDude
    I've heard the Zeppelin 2&4 reissues, and while digital, they do sound wonderful. Just try to search around for a good deal on them. But if you could find them for 20$ each I'd say go for it!
    Jan 3, 2019
    HiFi Guy and oldschoolkirby like this.
  9. Mr Moore
    Mr Moore
    My old man has a few OGs or at very least early UK presses (I haven’t fully inspected) but he was well impressed by LZII when I played it him the other night.
    Jan 3, 2019