Blonde On Blonde because that spells BOB
    Jan 9, 2019
  2. Mather
    Mather
    I like the way your brain works.
    Jan 9, 2019
  3. Aron
    Aron
    Both are great. I tend to lean "Highway 61 Revisited" just because it is a little tighter, IMO.
    Jan 9, 2019
  4. jaycee
    jaycee
    I prefer hwy 61 and own that version. It's very nice btw. I'm sure blonde on blonde is as well, but buy the one that you enjoy more.
    Jan 9, 2019
    JoeMac7, ThePakoBuelna and Mather like this.
  5. uvwxVinyl
    uvwxVinyl
    Personal top 3 is Blood on the Tracks, Desire and The times they are a-changin'.
    Jan 9, 2019
  6. Mather
    Mather
    CURVEBALL
    Jan 9, 2019
  7. jaycee
    jaycee
    Infidels is an underrated album but I would buy hwy 61 first. Also used copies of Infidels are cheap and decent. Check out Nashville skyline too
    Jan 9, 2019
  8. Enoch
    Enoch
    Desire was my first but I got it for real cheap on Amazon
    Jan 9, 2019
    JoeMac7 and Mather like this.
  9. Aron
    Aron
    Yeah, if we're throwing out other suggestions, "Bringing It All Back Home" is one of my personal favorites. Best of both worlds, wordy acoustic Dylan and newly electric Dylan. Great songs too.
    Jan 9, 2019
  10. Mather
    Mather
    STAY ON TOPIC YOU'RE MAKING IT HARDER NOT EASIER THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I NEED
    Jan 9, 2019
  11. BjorgenFjorgen
    BjorgenFjorgen
    Highway 61, Blood, Blonde, Bringing It All Back Home
    Jan 9, 2019
    DeadwaxDude, JoeMac7 and Mather like this.
  12. Mr Moore
    Mr Moore
    Highway. One of the best albums ever made opening with one of the best songs ever recorded imo. When I listen to it it’s as close to perfection as albums with lyrics get and it blows my mind that fans couldn’t get past his change in direction. Sublime.
    Jan 9, 2019
  13. Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Go Highway 61 for the inaugural run. Then move on to BoB. A couple less trodden that you need to explore - Oh Mercy and Planet Waves.
    Jan 9, 2019
  14. gregathon
  15. JoeMac7
    JoeMac7
    Highway! But whichever you get if you’re going Mofi get the mono ones, they’re frighteningly good!
    Jan 9, 2019
    Mather and jaycee like this.
  16. JoeMac7
    JoeMac7
    Oh and also Blood on the Tracks, that’s my favourite Dylan.
    Jan 9, 2019
  17. lee newman
  18. Corycm
    Corycm
    Buy both, send them to me, and I’ll pass on the correct one to you.
    Jan 9, 2019
  19. Mather
    Mather
    Okay so after noting that the Blonde on Blonde was 7.5 minutes a side, for 9 sides I decided that was too stupid for me to deal with, so I got Highway 61 Revisited which is like 10.5 minutes a side. Also they didn't have Blood On The Tracks because that would have been a close second. Thanks for the input y'all!
    Jan 9, 2019
  20. lee newman
    lee newman
    No... get the version of Blood I linked. That specific one.
    Jan 9, 2019
    GritNGlitter and Mather like this.
  21. Mather
    Mather
    Actually upon second glance they're pretty much the same per side, but this has one less and cost 50 dollars less so... It wins.
    Jan 9, 2019
  22. lee newman
    lee newman
    I mean 9 and 10.5 is really just a semantics argument anyhow.
    Jan 9, 2019
    Mather likes this.
  23. Mather
    Mather
    Jan 9, 2019
    lee newman likes this.
  24. lee newman
    lee newman
    This is a white whale of mine. It is one of the few records I would consider dropping a hundred on if found in the wild...
    Jan 9, 2019
  25. Mather
    Mather
    That specific press? So why would you put that ahead of the Mofi version which is pretty easy to come by?
    Jan 9, 2019
  26. Corycm
    Corycm
    It’s truly the white whale of that version. Dylan pushed the masters +2% and some change. It was mastered from the un-sped-up tapes. It’s the “real-ist” version.
    Jan 9, 2019
    lee newman and Mather like this.
  27. Corycm
    Corycm
    (It’s in my wantlist too)
    Jan 9, 2019
    lee newman likes this.
  28. Mather
    Mather
    Very cool. I WILL NOW SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS
    Jan 9, 2019
    lee newman likes this.
  29. Corycm
    Corycm
    It’s really more of a white elephant than a whale, but as I understand, it the pitching that happened did significantly change the sound.
    Jan 9, 2019
  30. DeadwaxDude
    DeadwaxDude
    If you have any concerns in Mono or Stereo gimme a shout, I'm collecting all the Dylan stuff on MoFi and did a bit of research into each title.
    Jan 9, 2019
  31. Mather
    Mather
    Thanks mate will do. As far as I know mono is fine on a stereo cart, just better on a mono one.
    Jan 9, 2019
  32. JoeMac7
    JoeMac7
    Monos been absolutely fine on my 2M Blue. Also if you want the Blood on the Tracks Mofi it is now out of print and getting scarce, jump on a good deal if you see one because the prices are only going to go in one direction.
    Jan 9, 2019
    DeadwaxDude likes this.
  33. DeadwaxDude
    DeadwaxDude
    @Mather @JoeMac7 I'm more or less talking about the sources for the Monos or Stereos, some are actual cuts from the Original Tape, and some aren't. For example, Bringin' It All Back Home MoFi in Stereo is sourced from Original Masters, the Mono is a 3rd Generation Tape I believe.
    Jan 9, 2019
    lee newman and JoeMac7 like this.
  34. JoeMac7
    JoeMac7
    That’s interesting all right, but, I already have that mono and it sounds outstanding so I’m happy lol
    Jan 9, 2019
    Corycm and DeadwaxDude like this.
  35. DeadwaxDude
    DeadwaxDude
    If a MoFi release says "Original Master Recording" On the banner. It's from the Original Tape. If it say "Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab" it's a secondary source, just keep an eye out for that while grabbing Dylans!
    Jan 9, 2019
    hokeydokey, JoeMac7 and Mather like this.
  36. DeadwaxDude
    DeadwaxDude
    @JoeMac7 lol, don't get me wrong. They all sound great :)
    Jan 9, 2019
  37. uvwxVinyl
    uvwxVinyl
    @DeadwaxDude didn't realize that subtle difference in the banner was what identified original or alternative source. Interesting! All the MFSL albums I own are "original" but seeing now that Highway 61 only comes in generic MFSL. What's the consensus on that album then MFSL or does another pressing do the job?
    Jan 10, 2019
    DeadwaxDude, Mather and JoeMac7 like this.
  38. JoeMac7
    JoeMac7
    I have the MSFL mono 45RPM of Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited and regardless of the source they’re still the best sounding presses of any albums that I own.
    Jan 10, 2019
    DeadwaxDude, Mather and uvwxVinyl like this.
  39. DeadwaxDude
    DeadwaxDude
    @uvwxVinyl pretty much what @JoeMac7 said! They do all sound great, but if you're a Original Masters junkie it's just some good info to know :)

But yeah I don't think they ever got the Original Tapes for Highway 61. I've heard the Mono is a better source for that one though, and the way to go!
    Jan 10, 2019
  40. DeadwaxDude
    DeadwaxDude
    I'll sum with this

Preferred pressings in Mono:
    Times They Are A Changin'
    Highway 61
    Another Side
    Self Titled
    John Wesley Harding
    Freewheelin'
    Jan 10, 2019