Comments on Profile Post by green.bean

1. Melt Face Molly Drop
    Melt Face Molly Drop
    VMP Fest ... 670 bands, 32 stages, 7 countries, 1 universe.
    Jan 11, 2019
  2. mcherry
    mcherry
    A mini one-day festival. I have no idea if ticket sales would be good but a members only fest would be rad. I’d fly to attend.
    Jan 11, 2019
  3. M Penny
    M Penny
    Would love to see a Seattle version of the spins again. I'm aiming lower than everyone else!
    Jan 11, 2019
    GritNGlitter, green.bean and Tyr like this.
  4. CAPacelli
    CAPacelli
    @mcherry That is a phenomenal idea. I think less a fest and more of a showcase would be very cool. With the right venue in the right city (cough*NYC*cough) the event could run from early evening until late and feature a bunch of artists on the bill. Elsewhere in Brooklyn is a cool facility and has room for visual artists and vendors, too
    Jan 11, 2019
  5. Hollywood
    Hollywood
    To piggyback off of @mcherry idea, a mini one-day festival or event showcasing VMP Rising artists to celebrate the 2 years of supporting emerging artists
    Jan 11, 2019
  6. trickyseven
    trickyseven
    I like @mcherry 's idea. I'd also like to see a presence at big music events like Lollapalooza since a lot of the acts there tend to issue exclusives through VMP. Tangentially related would be meet ups that mix VMP/community with the labels or even artists you have relationships with. I'd love to do a VMP Classics meet up in Memphis with a visit to the Stax museum or Chicago and a Chess museum.
    Jan 11, 2019
  7. bohnjaggs
    bohnjaggs
    I've still never been to the Spins. The one here in SF would probably be hard to get to (or at least expensive... bridge toll/parking, BART or ferry, and possibly Uber) ... I guess I should go to one at some point
    Jan 11, 2019
    foks and ThePakoBuelna like this.
  8. JonnyH
    JonnyH
    the spins should all take place at skating rinks.
    Jan 11, 2019
  9. dirty hands
    dirty hands
    singles cruise for vinyl enthusiasts
    Jan 11, 2019
    green.bean, Nathaniel D. and JonnyH like this.
  10. notgabewhite
    notgabewhite
    VMP fest with member discounts
    Jan 11, 2019
  11. GelloJive
    GelloJive
    Went to my first spins last night in Brooklyn. It was a nice spot, not too crowded. They apparently start right on time so I basically missed everything except for a DJ playing “anti-January” music.
    Jan 11, 2019
    green.bean, mcherry and bohnjaggs like this.
  12. green.bean
    green.bean
    @bohnjaggs - are you in east bay? if so, we have a new location coming your way in feb
    Jan 14, 2019
  13. green.bean
    green.bean
    @JonnyH - coming from an ex-figuresk8er ... count me in
    Jan 14, 2019
    JonnyH likes this.
  14. bohnjaggs
    bohnjaggs
    @green.bean Yes, East Bay... That would be much easier than making the trek over to SF.
    Jan 14, 2019