Comments on Profile Post by Aron

1. cbl
    cbl
    have you given the new singles a go yet? maybe not as raw and wrought as Black Sheets...but "Lost Faith" especially has a late REM sound that I'm enjoying at present
    Feb 1, 2019
    Aron likes this.
  2. Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Black Sheets is wrought with pain but can also be interpreted as a soul cleansing catharsis. Focus on the latter friendo.
    Feb 1, 2019
    Aron likes this.
  3. Aron
    Aron
    @cbl I've liked the singles from the new record, particularly the title track.
    Feb 1, 2019
  4. Aron
    Aron
    @Yer Ol' Uncle D I turned to that album specifically because it would give me both things you mentioned. I NEEDED to hear 'Sacrifice/Let There Be Peace', 'Black Sheets Of Rain', & 'Stop Your Crying' in particular. I also love running to Sugar's 'JC Auto' for the same reason.
    Feb 1, 2019
    Yer Ol' Uncle D likes this.
  5. Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Yer Ol' Uncle D
    I love that fuckin' record. It's a masterpiece. And multi-purpose as you described.
    Feb 1, 2019
    Aron likes this.
  6. Aron
    Aron
    I found it strange that the digital versions of "Black Sheets Of Rain" on both Spotify and Apple Music had Bob's cover of Richard Thompson's 'Turning Of The Tide' tacked on to the end. I love that cover, but I prefer to end that album with 'Sacrifice/Let There Be Peace'.
    Feb 1, 2019
  7. Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Yer Ol' Uncle D
    I had no idea - I'm not a guy who heads into the streaming realm very often. But yes - the ONLY way that record can end is 'Sacrifice/Let There Be Peace'.
    Feb 1, 2019
    Aron likes this.
  8. Psymon
    Psymon
    What albums do you guys recommend for digging deeper into Bob Mould? And by deeper, I mean discovering.
    Feb 2, 2019
  9. Yer Ol' Uncle D
    Yer Ol' Uncle D
    I'd try and go chronologically @Psymon so you can experience the evolution. If I had to boil it down to a few to experience that I'd go -

Husker Dü - Zen Arcade
    Husker Dü - Candy Apple Grey
    Bob Mould - Workbook
    Bob Mould - Black Sheets Of Rain
    Sugar - Copper Blue
    Sugar - Beaster
    Feb 2, 2019
    Aron and Psymon like this.
  10. Psymon
    Feb 2, 2019
  11. Yer Ol' Uncle D