A Welcome Thread. Introduce Yourself, Please.

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by DavidA, Apr 2, 2015.

1. bohnjaggs

bohnjaggs Well-Known Member

Thanks ... We live in Alameda now but are relocating to Sacramento in June or July.

lee newman likes this.
  2. Sodajerk

Sodajerk Member

Well, I've been lurking around for a while and made a few posts here and there. Joined VMP in September and digging it so far. Started collecting in the late 90s when you could dig through a thrift store and find GOLD. Father of 1 from Memphis but living in Knoxville now. Glad to be a part of this madness!

3. recstar24

recstar24 Active Member

Just signed up for the VMP classics track today! Blossom dearie sold it for me, long time lurker but looking to be a part of the community. I’m a jazz head, a huge blue note fan, hailing from the Chicagoland suburbs;)

4. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

Hey, I lived in Alemeda for a while as a kid. My dad was stationed there after we came back from Japan. I went to Kindergarten at Woodstock Elementary and my brother was born at Oakland Army Hospital.

5. lee newman

Welcome. You can still strike gold in a thrift store it just isn’t as often.

Nathaniel D. likes this.
  6. lee newman

The Jazz and Blue Note threads will call your name and make your wallet cry.

7. bohnjaggs

bohnjaggs Well-Known Member

I don't think Woodstock still exists. I wonder where it was?

Do you remember much about your time in Japan?

lee newman likes this.
  8. lee newman

Not really. Some vague early memories that aren’t tied to pictures or stories my parents told. Mostly the layout of the house, remembering my dad coming home on a bike, thinking it was a cool place. Cool looking tv that I had no idea what was going on in.

9. 7yler

7yler Member

Hmmm... okay I'll finally introduce myself. Hello VinylMePlease community my name is Tyler. I just moved out to California this past October after planning it for awhile. I'm originally from New Jersey/Philly and went to school at Temple University. I've known about this awesome vinyl club for a year now and finally pulled the trigger. I love discovering new music which has me really looking forward to getting lost in new ROTMs and exclusives.

10. shakeyrrump

shakeyrrump New Member

Hi All,

My name is Steve, based in Portland but originally from Hawaii.

I've been collecting vinyl here and there since high school, but only recently have I started actively building up my collection. Last few purchases include The Dreaming by Kate Bush, Blueberry Boat by Fiery Furnaces, Tadaima by Akiko Yano and Stankonia by Outkast. And, of course, some older VMP pickups as I just joined: MF Doom and Feist. Flying Lotus and the Guru Guru Brain pack are on their way!

I've been on a big reggae (and its many forms) kick lately, so stuff like The Best Dub Album in the World... by The Scientist, Susan Cadogan's self-titled debut and Joe Gibbs and the Professionals Volume 2 have been getting a lot of spins.

Really happy to join these forums as it seems like other vinyl forums tend to veer either to the too anal retentive or too casual.

Now Spinning: The Three EPs - Beta Band

lee newman, Matt M, GStephenH and 8 others like this.
  11. cgp

cgp Member

Hi everyone,

I've been a VMP member for about a year and a half, but have finally joined the forum. I'm enjoying it so far!

12. BjorgenFjorgen

BjorgenFjorgen Well-Known Member

Welcome!

13. Jay Edgar

Jay Edgar Member

Been an audiophile for a long time. Came across this forum and found a great high end community here. Hope to chat with all of you soon.

14. chezi

chezi New Member

A big Hello and Happy New Year from Scotland.
    Just found this website thru Facebook so thought I'd have a look as music , and in particular vinyl , is a major part of my life , along with motorcycles.
    At the moment I have a collection of almost 3000 vinyl Lp's , 250 ep's 7" and 12" singles and around 2000 cd's , ranging from 70's punk , to 80's till now Indie , Dance , Trip Hop , Acid Jazz and a load of Downtempo Electronica with a smattering of Pink Floyd and Led Zep etc. I have been buying records since I was around 12 years old and still buy over 50 Lp's a year , even though I find new music is getting a bit stale.
    I also got swallowed up in the HiFi carry on for more years than I care to mention until I found out I had climbed the ladder as far as I could to the point it now costs a fortune to upgrade for only slight improvement in sound quality. I'd much rather spend my money on topping up my pension and buying records nowadays.

chz

15. lee newman

Hi new folks! Welcome. Lock your wallets up!!!

16. Jay Edgar

Jay Edgar Member

@lee newman

It's too late..... My system ate my wallet!

JoeMac7, lee newman, Mr Moore and 3 others like this.
  17. kaboomkate

kaboomkate Active Member

Hi guys, been on this forum for awhile. Just didn’t take the time to introduce myself. I have always been a music lover. I mean I can’t go a day without my music. It’s gotten me through any situation I have faced in my life. I truly “feel” the music and lyrics. I received a turntable as a gift and off I went. It’s become an addiction now.
    Anyway, my name is Katie. I live in Omaha, Nebraska and have two toddlers that are a handful! Music is my sanity and escape. Just wanted to say I am so glad I found this forum, you all have introduced my to some mind blowing music. I have truly found my people. Thank you!

Selaws, mcherry, JoeMac7 and 11 others like this.
  18. Believer101

Believer101 Member

Hey everyone!

Im new to the whole "vinyl" scene but im fast adapting.

This place is great

Selaws and Mr Moore like this.
  19. Jonathan Y

Jonathan Y New Member

Good afternoon,

Been a VMP member for not too long, but decided to join the forum to help with my endless pursuit of Young Thug - Jeffery

If anyone can assist with selling theirs or wants to trade let me know. I have a nice collection