A Welcome Thread. Introduce Yourself, Please.

Discussion in 'General Music and Vinyl' started by DavidA, Apr 2, 2015.

1. AnthonyI

AnthonyI Well-Known Member

Welcome @osumols.....I-O! My daughter is in her second year at OSU ;)

Lots of good peeps around here, Enjoy!

Phaneronic, Nathaniel D. and osumols like this.
  2. osumols

osumols Member

Hello! I'm in Columbus too. Favorite local record store? (Mine is Spoonful.)

Phaneronic and Nathaniel D. like this.
  3. osumols

osumols Member

Awesome. Looking forward to poking around and discovering new (to me) music!

4. folsom_lives

folsom_lives Well-Known Member

Spoonful and Record per Minute for sure.

5. WMEugene

WMEugene Well-Known Member

Welcome! I didn't know cute dog pics was a thing on these threads...

6. osumols

osumols Member

I saw quite a few early on in this thread, at least!

7. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

8. osumols

osumols Member

9. WMEugene

WMEugene Well-Known Member

10. dannyreevesjr

dannyreevesjr Member

I'm Danny and I'm a Vinyl addict. My musical taste is all over the place, I guess you could say its eclectic. Basically, I just love music, the same as everyone else here!

I support my habit by working as an RN in an Emergency Room at a local hospital. Some people think you need to be an adrenaline junkie to do this type of job and I won't disagree but, I'm not exactly that type. I'm as laid back and relaxed as they come and in order for things to go smoothly in a crucial situation, being relaxed is very important.

Anything involving Maynard J. Keenan is definitely high on my list of favorite music. TOOL being first and foremost with A Perfect Circle second rounded out by Puscifer. I've seen TOOL and APC at least 8-9 times each live and hope to see both as many more times as possible. One suggestion for anyone reading, even if you are not a TOOL fan, please see them live! We all know the true measure of a band is how they sound live and if you get the chance, you will really appreciate the mastery they posses over thier performances.

I've been a member here for exactly 1 year and some very nice albums have been added to the collection in that time. If I could make a suggestion it would be to try and add some 80's rap to the mix. I'd love to see Eazy E's Eazy Duz It or Ice-T's Freedom of Speech or really anything along those lines. VMP has covered a small section of the East coast input and with the exception of Snoop and possibly one or two others I may have missed, the West coast needs a few more entries. All in all I am pleased with the overall quality of sound and breadth of selection available here and I have no major complaints!

This ramble has lasted long enough! Nice to meet all of you and its nice to be included with all the like minded people here!

bfly, Zacharie BLACHER, pijo and 9 others like this.
  11. DesertSunDog

DesertSunDog Member

I feel as if I should be standing in a room full of addicts (hmmm...maybe I am). My name's Sonny and I'm a vinyl addict. I live/love in the Coachella Valley near Palm Springs (nobody knows Cathedral City except locals). Not a lot of record stores around, but I manage to pick up some great stuff. Beatles/Dead/Floyd/Zeppelin are my main addiction, but I've grown over the past several years and am now spreading my musical wings to include more contemporary artists. Any suggestion from other members are extremely welcome. Just received my first selection. Queen's "A Night At The Opera", which sounds wonderful. Happy to be part of this exciting community. And, yeah, my headphones have pretty much molded themselves to my head.

12. AndySlash

AndySlash tossing out punchlines that were never there

please tell me you went to desert trip

13. mcherry

mcherry Spam Slayer ☠️ & Moderator Extraordinaire

14. Nathaniel D.

Nathaniel D. Well-Known Member

Welcome! I love that part of the country! Been out to Palm Springs a few times for work, and try to stop by the Welcome to Sky Valley sign whenever I can. I'm a huge psychedelic/desert/stoner rock guy, and of course a good portion of that scene owes its roots to that couple of square miles. I hope you enjoy the community here! Lots of caring and wonderful people here :)

15. bohnjaggs

bohnjaggs Well-Known Member

Do you go to the Coachella festival? My wife and I have been attending every year since 2006 (and I had been once before that) so this coming one will be my 15th year ... We usually stay in Palm Springs OR Cathedral City...

16. Maplewood

Maplewood New Member

New here, and first post. Just signed myself up with a VMP subscription as a Christmas present to myself.

Dad of 5 from Portland, OR.
    My 2 oldest are equally excited about finally getting this subscription, as we've been eyeing it up for over a year.
    Only a year into the vinyl game, so not too many records at the moment. No doubt it will be an expensive habit.

Great to be here!

Currently spinning The Hex by Richard Swift.

17. AnthonyI

Welcome!! Lot's of great folks around here and plenty of temptations, lol. It can be expensive, but if you're picking up things you truly enjoy it makes up for it a bit ;)

Enjoy! :)

18. pijo

pijo Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'm new here too. I have a soft spot for Portland - such a cool city and home of easily the tastiest burger I've ever eaten, as well as a fantastic music scene. Enjoy the subscription :)

19. AnthonyI

20. pijo

pijo Well-Known Member

Thank you!

lee newman, JoeMac7 and Nathaniel D. like this.