Best Online Canadian Vinyl sellers?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TCell, May 5, 2017.

1. Aelias

Aelias Member

Thanks for the heads up about Northern Volume, their sale is at 30% now and they have free shipping when you spend $79. I'm going to take some time to check out their stock.

2. BjorgenFjorgen

BjorgenFjorgen Well-Known Member

Just saw this. 35% now.

3. Juiceless

Juiceless Well-Known Member

All gone now. I grabbed 3 records. They were a weird store, it's kind of sad to see them go.

4. Smansmith

Smansmith Well-Known Member

I have always been wary of ordering from eBay but finally gave in and when to the ImportCDs-CA store today and found a decent price on Bill Withers' "Just As I Am", "Still Bill" and "+Justments" - all Music On Vinyl pressings for $75 shipped. I'll just throw away that random DOL pressings I had!

I guess I have to add eBay to my daily viewing/searching. My "day job" can't take all this extra work looking for vinyl!

Juiceless likes this.
  5. BattleFlag

BattleFlag Well-Known Member

So, I don't know what kind of luck/experience anyone else has had looking for vinyl at any Sunrise Records since they took over spaces from HMV, but I've had some really nice luck checking out their "Clearance" section of the bins in the last six months. I've pulled out colour pressings of both the new Twin Peaks score & soundtrack releases, the recent reissue of Animal Collective's "Sung Tongs", Charli XCX's "Number 1 Angel/Pop 2" 2xLP, Air's "Moon Safari", Prince's "Dirty Mind", and (just this past weekend) Charlotte Gainsbourg's "Rest" 2xLP. I did also see Johnny Greenwood's Phantom Thread score there too. All of which were 30% off or more.

Quite a bit of newer-ish stock that you think would sell that seems to hit their Clearance bins earlier than you would think.

Hollywood, Smansmith and Tanqueray like this.
  6. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Well-Known Member

Yup I’ve had luck as well, but only in their clearance bins....... otherwise I find Sunrise out to lunch on almost every record I want . Either my local Mom/Pop Vinyl stores will be cheaper then Sunrise or Amazon will be significantly cheaper .

Juiceless likes this.
  7. Smansmith

Smansmith Well-Known Member

I found it not to shabby either (I was as Calgary/SouthCentre) - which Sunrise were you at? I found a RSD Fleet Foxes plus a few others that by comparison were either unavailable or much higher priced on Amazon. I would definitely stop by when in the mall if I was going, no doubt.

Edit: I see @Tanqueray essentially said the opposite of me - ha! Maybe as I was looking at Canadian releases, they might have been a bit better than the average online retailer. I have only been once and I walked away with 6 albums!

BattleFlag and Tanqueray like this.
  8. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Well-Known Member

Yeah I think they are trying to clear out the RSD leftovers now?

BattleFlag likes this.
  9. BattleFlag

BattleFlag Well-Known Member

I did notice a few RSD leftovers when I was there (the Chinook location) on the weekend. Definitely had a few Fleet Foxes Electric Lady Session 10"s and two or three others that had the RSD seal on them.

Smansmith likes this.