Des Moines Record Show 12/7

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by upon3, Dec 7, 2014.

1. upon3

upon3 Member

From ZZZ Records...

It's time for another record show! The Des Moines Music Collectors' Show is TODAY -- Sunday, December 7th. It's being held at the Holiday Inn at 1050 6th Ave. in downtown Des Moines from 10 am to 4 pm. The weather forecast looks good, so be sure to join us and 22 other dealers from Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, and Iowa. The December show is always a great one to find gifts for the music lover in your life... or yourself. For more details, be sure to check out the web page here. Plus, for the first time ever, we'll be giving away a couple of door prizes after the event for Zzz gift certificates and t-shirts; just sign up with us at the admission table.

Eric and EsCaRgOt like this.
  2. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is being updated any more or not, but here I am to do that since there isn't enough of us for an Iowa group (is there?). Anyhoodle...

According to the flyer at my local record store in Des Moines over the weekend, the next show is on August 30th (that's a Sunday) at the same Holiday Inn mentioned above. Admission will run you a whole dollar.

So. Yep. Giddyup.

Eric likes this.
  3. Jordan Peterson

Jordan Peterson Active Member

Eric likes this.
  4. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

If we end up with a few people from Iowa, I'll have one of the overlords start up a community for us, but right now @Eric and I are the only ones I'm aware of. Tag in here if you're around the area or just hit me up in the status or PM.

bikeage and Eric like this.
  5. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

We wouldn't even need an individual city thread for Des Moines, Just one for the whole state would suffice.

6. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

That was my thought too - just a state section. Of course that's reliant on the idea that there's more than just you and me here (though I suspect there is - I've seen some VMP albums in bins around here).

7. Nancy Henderson

Nancy Henderson New Member

I think that would be cool

8. Corycm

Corycm Well-Known Member

They’re still doing shows every other month (I think). Nate down at ZZZ on Ingersoll runs them and they’ve been pretty regular for years. If you follow them on FB he’s usually pretty good about posting up the upcoming show - they’re always at the Holiday Inn downtown (right by Mercy off 235).