Dispatches From Trump's America: Formerly Known As The 2016 Election Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DavidA, May 11, 2015.

1. DavidA

DavidA The sun's not yellow, it's chicken

More like Martin Shit-kreli, imho.

AnthonyI and Juiceless like this.
  2. RenegadeMonster

RenegadeMonster Well-Known Member

AnthonyI and Crunchewy like this.
  3. Crunchewy

Crunchewy Well-Known Member

Just keep in mind what he's going to jail for: ripping off rich people. He didn't get a day for raising the cost of Daraprim by 5500% and other transgressions of the sort. He got jail time for making rich people mad.

4. DTKnuckles

DTKnuckles Well-Known Member

I think most conservatives are for things like this because they see government as completely incompetent. However, most of scientific breakthroughs of the 20th and 21st century have been done with government grants or because military research.

I'll be honest though I don't know how lack of scientific funding will lead to MAGA.

5. DavidA

Anyone else following the Austin Bombings story? Looks like black families are being targeted with unmarked packages filled with explosives. Three incidents have occurred in the last week. It's bonkers.

6. DTKnuckles

I've had a libertarian totally disregard FBI hate crime stats for some fly by night conservative internet outlet while trying to argue that there should be no such thing as hate crimes because the government can't determine motive. I asked him what the difference between murder 1 and murder 2 is and there was crickets.

He also regularly blames the left for trumping up hate crimes and making up racism to increase government power so that we have a full blown communist dictatorship.

I had a lot of faith in humanity before Trump became president, thinking people that thought this was were only a fringe group. Not anymore.

I'm moving to place with Republican Rep soon, looking forward to voting him out. Apparently the Dem challenger is out fund raising him.

Connoissarah and GritNGlitter like this.
  7. DavidA

Where are you headed to if you don't mind me asking?

8. DTKnuckles

Santa Clarita, CA is a nice quiet suburb in the desert outside of LA. We bought a house on a hill, lots of nearby hiking trails and near a pretty good art college (CALArts) that has a good modern/experimental music program.

My wife got a little worried when she went on a community website and there were a bunch of white people claiming that the area we were moving into was crime ridden (working class and browner). I told her is was just a bunch of people that were scared. She grew in Hollywood and is a Guatemalan immigrant so she has never really known what white people are like outside of the type in in that area.

I worry a little bit. As part of our HOA we will belong to a racket and pool club. We are looking to use it when relatives come over. I just hope we don't have to deal with many problems.

9. Aron

Aron Well-Known Member

Just another slow news day...

Mr Moore likes this.
  10. RenegadeMonster

I mean, we are only down two staffers. Guess the news is out of style, and is a bore.

Aron likes this.
  11. DavidA

I just want Tillerson to call Trump a moron. In public. Right now.

lee newman likes this.
  12. Aron

Aron Well-Known Member

Honestly, my focus at work today is trash. Hard to not keep checking Twitter to see what else is falling apart in our country.

13. Max Sterling

Max Sterling Well-Known Member

My friend, an unapologetic impossible to argue with die-hard Republican, posted the Republican majority House Intel Committee's statement that they found no collusion. He sees this statement from them as a 100% conversation ender. There's nothing else to be said. Regardless of the fact that Mueller's investigation is ongoing and more and more is learned every day, the Republicans have stated that they're all innocent, so that's the end of that.

Pack it up, guys.

DTKnuckles and lee newman like this.
  14. ayayrawn

ayayrawn Well-Known Member

Once the truth comes out, every single one of them should be sent to the guillotine.

15. Endtro

Endtro Well-Known Member

This post + gif signature combo is perfect

16. DTKnuckles

So another Republican bites the dust and 538 is saying that statistically they are in big trouble. Although, I have to say the Dem that replaced him is essentially a Republican from what I hear.

wokeupnew likes this.
  17. Aron

Aron Well-Known Member

He's personally against abortion, but he understands the current law of the land on that matter. He is former military, so I think he is pro 2nd Amendment. Not sure how far up his ass the NRA is though. He was careful not to slam Trump because he determined that the people in that district were tired of the fighting. It worked in that district (apparently), but that strategy probably won't play as well in other districts across the country. I get the sense that he played this very smart, and it helped him win. However, this is only a seat he will have for 7 months due to the redistricting in that state. He gets to turn around and run again in another district in a few months.

GritNGlitter likes this.
  18. DTKnuckles

I wonder how the redistricting will turn out in PA? I spent a couple of years in college in similar areas of PA and still have a few friends living in there. Those areas are pretty conservative. PA is another example of cities being liberal while the rural areas conservative.

19. Aron

Aron Well-Known Member

The way it was described last night, the Republican that was running in last night's election, was going to be in the running for a seat in one of the new districts that leaned Republican, and Lamb is going to be running in another district where he is thought to have a very good shot. So, while an interesting barometer, in the end, last night was kind of like a pre-seaon football game.

20. RenegadeMonster

The NRA tweeted this today during the students walk out protests at schools this morning.