Dispatches From Trump's America: Formerly Known As The 2016 Election Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by DavidA, May 11, 2015.

1. RenegadeMonster

RenegadeMonster Well-Known Member

2. RenegadeMonster

Wow this thread has been busy and I haven't received a single notification of new replies since @lee newman posts above so I haven't even found my self in here.

Catching up now.

Did any of you catch the story on the nightly news last night about Trump wanting to make immigration policies via executive order that is targeted at legal immigrants?

They want to make it so you can't get a green card or citizenship if you or any family members or friends have utilized public assistance including Obama Care. You need help, you can't legally stay in the United States, we are going to ship you home.

Like WTF.

6od, Crunchewy and lee newman like this.
  3. fritzg

fritzg Well-Known Member

I figured you were referencing that but had no idea why. I am not an analog purist, but thst's another (tired) discussion.

DTKnuckles likes this.
  4. Crunchewy

Crunchewy Well-Known Member

Trump's "Very Fine People" coming to DC this weekend. Not looking forward to that, though I hope some of them get punched in the face

6od and jaycee like this.
  5. jaycee

jaycee Well-Known Member

I'm still confused how anyone who verbally threatens another person or institution with a violent act can be charge with making terroristic threats but racists who openly state their desire to commit genocide and kill anyone who stands in their way are protected under the 1st amendment and we call it hate speech.

Hate speech is freedom but taking a knee during the national anthem isn't. Ahh American hypocrisy - just can't get enough.

Get out your lighter fluid and fan those tiki torch flames - literally.

6. 6od

6od Well-Known Member

so i heard this song for the first time recently and it’s very, very good. the last 50 seconds are perfection:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    lee newman likes this.
  7. RenegadeMonster

Aw bummer that we didn't get to hold Jeff Sessions in Contempt of court over ICE deporting a family who was in the middle of an emergency court hearing to determine if they are eligible for asylum.

lee newman and 6od like this.
  8. RenegadeMonster

9. fritzg

fritzg Well-Known Member

Anyone at the protests in D.C. today? I assume we have some marching on both sides.

jaycee likes this.
  10. jaycee

jaycee Well-Known Member

If you're a white supremacist, neo-nazi, caucasianist, run of the mill bigot or whatever else you might be calling yourselves these days please, pretty-please, out yourself.

fritzg likes this.
  11. fritzg

fritzg Well-Known Member

They're doing it today in D.C.

jaycee likes this.
  12. jaycee

jaycee Well-Known Member

Yes they are. I should have specified here on the forum / club members. I'd like for those folks to expose themselves as well.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    LeftOfSound likes this.
  13. fritzg

fritzg Well-Known Member

Well, statistically about 30% of the population supports Trump and think he can do no wrong. That's a starting point.

jaycee likes this.
  14. jaycee

jaycee Well-Known Member

Right and that might be an underestimate.
    What % of the people that support racist, white-first, genocide promoting groups and policies but wouldn't call themselves racists?

LeftOfSound and fritzg like this.
  15. fritzg

fritzg Well-Known Member

Exactly.

16. fritzg

fritzg Well-Known Member

17. syngts

syngts Well-Known Member

OT: It seems our government is in solidarity with the US one :) I'm talking about oppression, ofc.

Family and friends got tear gassed and water cannoned, along with 100 thousand more during protests this weekend. It was a peaceful protest. Early on Friday afternoon, people started gathering to protest government corruption. At first there were several hundred people; still early in the day. However, the state dispatched hundreds of paramilitaries in full combat equipment. Without reason. We have no guns, no terrorists or extremists groups (except the ruling party), no motive for paramilitaries to take such action. As night fell, there were an estimated 100k people protesting, and at 9PM, the state gave the order to attack the people in the square. They motivated this by saying that they were provoked by hooligans in the crowd. But it was all televised, so everyone could see these hooligans were a group of maximum 50 people that could be easily singled out, and most likely, as a lot of people suspect, planted by the paramilitary organisation to give reason for such an attack. However, they did not do this, and started launching tear gas grenades in the thick of the crowd, hitting women, children, old people, people who were there to peacefully protest. People with arms raised were beaten without reason. Protesters were running away from the square, into the streets that surrounded it, but the paramilitaries circled them and sandwiched them between tear gas walls. It was insane.

I am in shock for the past 2 days. The paramilitaries declared the actions were justified and legal. The president, who is the only one in opposition to the thug party who orchestrated this, and the only real hope in our current administration, updated his Facebook status. That's it.

Nothing will happen. Nothing will change for the better. Everyone will get away with it.

What the sticky pudding is happening with this world.

18. DavidA

DavidA The sun's not yellow, it's chicken

We could barely see them from Lafayette Park, tbh. Had to squint. It was an intense afternoon though, whenever a Trump supporter would come to the counter protest to espouse their shitty opinions.

djxfactor511 and DTKnuckles like this.
  19. RenegadeMonster

lee newman likes this.
  20. RenegadeMonster

When and where was this?