Everything Video Games!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eric, May 12, 2015.

1. bigcat_smauls

bigcat_smauls Active Member

AGDQ is going on this week. I've been watching speed runs all week. Hardly any work is getting done. It's really cool watching all the tricks and exploits they use to get through games that would've taken me weeks to beat. Plus all donations benefit the Prevent Cancer Foundation!

2. IONLYLISTENTO78s

IONLYLISTENTO78s Well-Known Member

The Hollow Knight run made me feel bad about myself

3. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

The released date for the highly anticipated Metroid Prime 4 has apparently been leaked...circle the date on your calendars...November 29, 2019! I'm so PRIMED for this game (pun intended)! :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. wokeupnew

wokeupnew Well-Known Member

Update: I grabbed a a brand new Xbox One X with new versions of RDR2 and FIFA 19 for $445~ off eBay. It’s $50 less than the MSRP of the console alone.

Red Dead Redemption is good. It’s filling the empty hole in my heart that Fallout 76 would have left me. It’s more similar to Fallout than it is Grand Theft Auto.

I also am trying out Game Pass for a month to see how it is. I grabbed Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Mortal Kombat so far. Are there other Game Pass games worth trying out?

Nathaniel D., Enaz Fox and Woob_woob like this.
  5. Enaz Fox

Enaz Fox Well-Known Member

Ashen is pretty sweet. Hellblade is a great story with impressive graphics. Abzu, Doom, Hitman, Mutant Year Zero if you dig Xcom like games, Recore is pretty fun and there’s quite a few more imo. My top undercard pick would Sunset Overdrive if you haven’t played it, still one of my favorite One exclusives.

wokeupnew likes this.
  6. DevonJD

DevonJD Well-Known Member

Sea of thieves? Pubg? Fortnite is free to play as well

Enaz Fox and wokeupnew like this.
  7. Max Sterling

Max Sterling Well-Known Member

Nathaniel D. and Hollywood like this.
  8. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Nathaniel D. and Max Sterling like this.
  9. Max Sterling

Max Sterling Well-Known Member

So I just beat Galeem in the World of Light in SSBU.

Was not expecting that... I thought I was done...

chris_d_cole and Santi Chacin like this.
  10. Santi Chacin

Santi Chacin Well-Known Member

i feel that.

the
    world of light map
    was already big enough, it's annoying to see that's barely a third of the story mode

Max Sterling likes this.
  11. chris_d_cole

chris_d_cole Well-Known Member

I got Smash Ultimate the day it came out and I just beat World of Light. 30+ hours and still right under 93% completion.

12. CrazyDiamond84

CrazyDiamond84 Well-Known Member

I finally have been making my way through Resident Evil 4. I feel like I've owned it on 5 different consoles and never got around to it. Still holds up as a pretty awesome game, and giving me hype for the RE2 remaster

IONLYLISTENTO78s and Enaz Fox like this.
  13. Phillip J Phry

Phillip J Phry Well-Known Member

Did you check out the RE2 demo? I found it crazy that the perspective is completely different from the original, yet it somehow feels like I'm playing the same game. Plus, the gore is top tier. Looking forward to the full release.

Enaz Fox and CrazyDiamond84 like this.
  14. BattleFlag

BattleFlag Well-Known Member

So my girlfriend and I played through Firewatch the other night. What a fantastic experience it is. Such a phenomenal visual style to go with such an incredibly character study. The writing for both Henry and Delilah is stellar, as is the voice acting.

I find it interesting (yet not too surprising) that so many people found the ending to be disappointing.

This is one of several games in the past several years that has an ending that people find "unsatisfying" because they don't get any gratification, like getting to see you "conquer the bad guy" in a more traditional game. There's red herrings that abound in the game, many of which are perpetuated by Ned listening in on Henry and Delilah's conversations. There are several things that I think a lot of people didn't look closely at, including the reports that Ned had made about Henry, noting his behaviour patterns and that he is "extremely manipulable". Leave it to Ned, who has mentioned he's already read every book that's been left around the park (i.e. the endless volumes of that mystery/spy novel series), to craft a conspiracy plot for Henry to find and to spin Delilah into. The ending events, starting with the discovery of Brian, brings everything back to reality for both Delilah and Henry, and Henry realizes that he's been running away from the part of his life that he needs to deal with. I thought it was masterfully done.

I feel like a lot of video game players don't think critically about a lot of subtle elements in a game's story if it doesn't spoon-feed it to you. Obviously there is a growing number of players that look deeply and appreciate these things, but I feel like anytime I've looked up any review or opinion of the ending of Firewatch as being "bad" or "disappointing" or "rushed" miss the point completely.

15. CrazyDiamond84

CrazyDiamond84 Well-Known Member

No, not yet. I'll probably check it out once I wrap up 4. Sounds promising though. It's one of my all-time favorites, but would have never been able to go back to the tank controls

Enaz Fox likes this.