For Sale: Used Pioneer PLX-1000 w/ Ortofon Om Pro S

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by SKOT_FREE, Mar 13, 2018.

1. SKOT_FREE

SKOT_FREE Well-Known Member

I have a used Pioneer PLX-1000 professional Turntable for sale in great condition mounted with an Ortofon Om Pro S stylus for sale for $450. The package includes the original box, instructions, all of the original includeded cables(AC Power cord, grounding wire, Gold tipped audio cord) as well as both the rubber mat and slipmat. Everything is in perfect mechanical condition. The Dust cover had a couple of stickers which left some adhesive and some scratches but Does it’s job. If interested please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thanks. B51F28B5-0ADB-4ED0-80AD-077894FD17F9.jpeg EE24EEDF-E2F9-4FD4-8EEC-F4FB74AD3D53.jpeg 8DC41519-EE96-46B5-B21A-EB80671041A9.jpeg CAF1D89E-8576-49D2-BED2-8DDE294F9A71.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    ThePakoBuelna and Enaz Fox like this.
  2. SKOT_FREE

Updated the pictures to show the dust cover condition as well as updated the pictures. If anyone needs more just let me know and i’ll Post them. Thanks again

Enaz Fox likes this.
  3. Enaz Fox

Enaz Fox Well-Known Member

If I hadn't literally just bought a new one last week I would be all over this. Any reason why you are getting rid of it? Upgrading?

SKOT_FREE likes this.
  4. SKOT_FREE

image.jpg

I upgraded a month ago to a technic 1200-G and gave the Plx-1000 to my Fiancé. This morning she decided she didn’t want it, nor to collect vinyl anymore so she said get rid of it and here we are. I got it repackaged and ready to go.

notgabewhite and displayname like this.
  5. displayname

displayname Well-Known Member

Did you happen to audition the 1200G against the 1200GR? I'm always curious and it seems like it's not a common practice.

6. SKOT_FREE

Actually I didn’t in person but I read reviews and I think the main difference is in a few parts were changed to get the price down and the 1200 G is a dual motor and 1200GR is single motor. The only gripes I heard besides pricing is on both 1200g and 1200gr is that the feet on both aren’t as stable as the older 1200’s making DJ’ing on them IE scratching a chore but the older 1200 feet can be interchanged to both 1200g and GR. Besides that the 1200g and GR are superior to the older 1200’s.

Enaz Fox likes this.
  7. ByersVinyl

ByersVinyl Well-Known Member

Is she still your fiance ?

ThePakoBuelna likes this.
  8. displayname

displayname Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm aware of all the technical differences. I'm just very curious if in the same system, same cart, etc. how big of a difference are we really talking about? Obviously this doesn't come up much because they have an appropriate price difference. If you are looking at the G, you likely also have a system that would be reveling enough to show the differences between the G and GR.
    I'm always just curious though. I find it fascinating that it seems like no one online has auditioned both, let alone audition both in a comparable setting. It's very interesting to me how that's been shaking out.

9. SKOT_FREE

Lol yeah. It was just she sells vintage clothes and her room is full of stuff and she’s starting to do livestreams too and she doesn’t think she has the time to listen and collect vinyl. She’s into the music just not the collecting part as much.

10. SKOT_FREE

Still available. I plan on putting it on EBay within a couple of days and I don’t expect it to last long.

displayname and Enaz Fox like this.
  11. Enaz Fox

Enaz Fox Well-Known Member

I am very happy with my upgrade from my AT-LP120 to this table. Hope someone here jumps because this is a steal! If not, good luck on eBay and thanks for thinking of us first!

HiFi Guy, Chucktshoes and marshall like this.
  12. SKOT_FREE

Thank you to sir and yeah I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the PLX-1000 at the price point it was offered at new compared to a older used Technics 1200. Yeah I’d rather offer it to a person on here who needs it first and will appreciate it. Thank again @Enaz Fox

displayname and Enaz Fox like this.
  13. SKOT_FREE

Welp My fiancé has now changed her mind and wants the plx-1000 back. So this thread can be closed but I’m about to post up some albums I’m selling so look out for that. Just gotta go through my crate and decide what’s going and staying

14. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Well-Known Member

She’s chosen wisely.