Free international shipping and ROTM

Discussion in 'Vinyl Me, Please Info' started by dabble, Nov 7, 2018.

1. dabble

dabble Well-Known Member

So for the past few months there has been free international shipping on all purchases on the store, even if you are not currently a ROTM member (which is awesome, woo!). I am not sure if this has been discussed or if this is some temporary secret that will not be going on indefinitely. However, if it is going to continue, is there any thought about charging international members the same price as USA members for the ROTM service? Currently each month the membership is $13 USD more! Why is it $13 more if we get free shipping?

I apologize if this has already been discussed and I do thank you for the free International shipping as is.

Keep up the good work!

2. panino

panino Well-Known Member

the entire European contingent supports this request!

3. gafacaode

gafacaode Well-Known Member

South America too!

4. Lacubrious

Lacubrious Well-Known Member

I’d say that the old saying here is that there is no such thing as a free lunch (shipping).

The price of shipping the ROTM was always factored into the cost of any subscription for local or International members.

Free shipping recently has only applied to additional items which is a pretty massive boon considering the costs of international shipping.

By increasing its international membership base VMP probably now brings enough business to their freight services that shippings costs have been reduced enough for them to where they can offer free shipping on additional items. Something that they’d been able to do for US customers for awhile now.

I’m pretty sure that @cjschaefer has been quoted as this is happening for the foreseeable future in one of the store threads a couple of months back.

5. dabble

dabble Well-Known Member

I see where you are coming from and that makes sense, however it is not just for additional items. My subscription is currently on hold and I can purchase any item and get free shipping. I just tried for arguments sake and I purchased a few last month with free shipping. Previously it was worth it to get the ROTM internationally because you could justify the cheaper shipping on additional items (exclusives) but it would never be worth it for non-exclusives. Now I can buy non-exclusives at reasonable price too, but the ROTM is too rich for my blood ($55 CAD) unless it is an album I truly need.

These are just my thoughts though and everyone's tastes and price points are different. I do understand the need for a higher international cost, was just hoping maybe we would see a reduction one day.

6. TCell

TCell Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's weird. I think the free international shipping for Non-Members is a mistake.

Melancholy_Melody and Skalap like this.
  7. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

It might be cheaper to purchase the RoTM the month after than to subscribe to the club isn't it?

8. dabble

dabble Well-Known Member

It would be significantly cheaper however most ROTM and exclusives are members only so you would have to wait like 6 months or whatever the cool down period is and some would likely be sold out.

Hollywood likes this.
  9. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

6 months for exclusives? I just logged out and I am able to purchase aaaaall of the exclusives except Angelique Kidjo and Charles Bradley. Its, in fact, different with RoTM, Classics or RHH releases.

10. dabble

dabble Well-Known Member

I am signed in and I cant purchase most of the recent ones, although it appears to be completely random. I can buy TV on the Radio but I cant buy Menomena.

11. AnthonyI

AnthonyI Well-Known Member

Can confirm

12. AnthonyI

AnthonyI Well-Known Member

.............on a side note, WHY IN GODS NAME IS THIS STILL IN STOCK? o_O
    Capture.JPG