Gilbert Vinyl Store?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Biggie, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Biggie

Biggie Member

I have kin who lives in Gilbert, and I noticed the other day that on Gilbert Rd. in the old-town area, there is a Vinyl store... the store was closed, but I'm wondering if it would be worth the 100 mile drive and a day off work to visit.

Any ideas?

2. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

Hey man, welcome! I'm assuming you mean Gilbert, AZ correct?

Where are you located that you would drive 100 miles to go to an unknown record store when there are literally TONS of awesome record shops around the metro area.

Also, be advised, Phoenix is hosting one of the VMP: The Spins events this week. You should swing by.

3. Biggie

Biggie Member

I'd like to, but I teach Computer Science in Payson.. I work banker hours. :(

It's not 100 miles exactly, but to that Gilbert store, it is 86 miles.. I rounded up. :)

Tyr likes this.
  4. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

Ah, totally makes sense now! Yeah, I don't believe there's anything close-ish to Payson to be honest. So yeah, you're probably better off driving down to the Valley on a weekend or day off.

Sorry I couldn't help you with the Gilbert store but there are a ton of great shops in Mesa, Phoenix, etc. if you're willing to drive a bit further than Gilbert.

Biggie likes this.
  5. Biggie

Biggie Member

A good friend is another audiophile. We'd be willing to make a pilgrimage, if you have suggestions. Please not Zia though, Lol.

KBURNS likes this.
  6. Melt Face Molly Drop

Melt Face Molly Drop Well-Known Member

Check out The Spins - AZ thread, I think there's some info in there. Otherwise, here's a thread that outlines some of the shops in the area:

I'm not too sure which Gilbert shop you're referencing, but I've been to pretty much all the shops referenced above. I am usually able to locate these shops via Yelp. You may also find record nooks nestled within antique shops, for example, AZ Man Cave had a nice little record area with a decent selection.

Tyr likes this.