How good is VMP about allowing subscription cancellations after payment processing?

Discussion in 'Vinyl Me, Please Info' started by maximumzero, Jun 30, 2018.

1. maximumzero

maximumzero Member

So it totally slipped my mind this morning to swap out my record pick for this month, but I jumped on tonight about 11PM local time to see what my choices are to try to get in under the wire, as I know tonight’s the last night for picking Swaps.

Unfortunately nothing really jumped out at me, and the handful of picks I did like are cheaper than the $29 subscription fee I’m paying, so it made no real sense to let my membership continue through July.

I headed over to my manage subscription page and clicked on “manage plan,” but it appears that my payment is already processing judging by the pop up.

I shot off an email to VMP via the “contact us” link to ask if my membership can be cancelled, but I’m kinda afraid that I may be screwed at this point and out $29 and stuck with a record I have no interest in.

How good is VMP at honoring this kind of thing?

Thanks.

2. Juiceless

Juiceless Well-Known Member

Email them. They'll either do it or they won't.

displayname and Tyr like this.
  3. Tyr

Tyr Well-Known Member

Those are the options, yes.

LOL

henryy, bohnjaggs, KBURNS and 4 others like this.
  4. GroovesInMiddleAmerica

GroovesInMiddleAmerica Well-Known Member

They should be fine.

I totally forgot about my TMR Vault renewal and that his this morning and they should refund / cancel me on that one. Fingers crossed for both of us.

5. girlnevergoesout

girlnevergoesout Well-Known Member

Let me know how that turns out for you!
    A few years ago, they charged me before the announcement and they would not refund me. I was stuck with another Raconteurs live album I don't listen to. :(

6. GroovesInMiddleAmerica

Their FAQ says as long as you request the refund within 24 hours you'll be fine. So we'll see. No announcement yet and Im pretty salty after learning Trout Mask Replica is from a digital source. So whatever the package is I don't want it.

displayname likes this.
  7. girlnevergoesout

girlnevergoesout Well-Known Member

Well at least they changed their policy since then! Good luck!

Boooo to digital source for such an expensive package. They can jump in a lake for that and Jack's assertion that he brought back vinyl.

I will never purchase a Vault package again with one exception, there's a promo White Stripes Live in Las Vegas that floats on Discogs for $500-$1000. I would join for that and then quit immediately. I was at that show and it was killer.

ThePakoBuelna likes this.
  8. maximumzero

maximumzero Member

Got an e-mail back this morning but the rep is trying to refund me for way more than one month's service, so I'm trying to get that fixed (and July's record cancelled)

I wish there were a phone number I could call. Playing e-mail tag isn't a whole lot of fun.

displayname likes this.
  9. GroovesInMiddleAmerica

I just got this email from TMR today

"Thank you for your message. As per your request, I've canceled your subscription moving forward and have refunded your most recent payment. Please note that voids/refunds to credit/debit cards can take up to 5-7 business days to reflect in your available balance. We're sorry to see you go! If you would like to subscribe again in the future and require any assistance, please let us know and we'll be happy to help."

lee newman and girlnevergoesout like this.
  10. Poly-Rythmo

Poly-Rythmo Active Member

I've bought a lot from the store this month but my sub is due for renewal and I'm thinking of taking a month or two out. Is that possible without losing my store purchases?

11. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

Yes. If you’ve bought the records, they will send them to you.

Poly-Rythmo likes this.
  12. wenis

wenis Well-Known Member

I look at these records I don’t want during the month as instant flips, but I’m also fortunate enough that anything I’m flipping at a record store I can usually score something I really wanted and it evens itself out.