MorMor Final Track Distortion

Discussion in 'Support and Q&A' started by Yagunyonos, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Yagunyonos

Yagunyonos New Member

Greetings

I happily received my shipment of MorMor's album. It sounds fantastic until the final track which suffers from incredible distortion, and it's not the usual stuff you might get on the inner grooves because the final track on side A sounds perfectly fine. I went online to listen to a stream to make sure it isn't an intentional musical effect, and it isn't. Anyone else having this problem? What should I do?

Thank You

2. mcherry

mcherry Spam Slayer ☠️ & Moderator Extraordinaire

Hi, welcome! I did not buy this but you can ask for a replacement by emailing info@ vinylmeplease dot com. They’ll probably ask for video of the noise so you’ll save time if you include a short video in your email.

3. Yagunyonos

Yagunyonos New Member

Oh forget it. This is so deeply embarrassing. there must have been something lodged on the vinyl. I cleaned it thoroughly (I thought) before spinning. Heard the distortion, cleaned the record again, cleaned the needle about 5 times, same result. Spun another record and there was the distortion - I had remove the cartridge only to find something had lodged itself right behind the needle in such a way that the needle brush wasn't reaching it. Really sorry to inconvenience you all with this post. First time this kind of thing has happened to me in the few years I've come back to vinyl.

4. mcherry

mcherry Spam Slayer ☠️ & Moderator Extraordinaire

Melancholy_Melody and lee newman like this.