New Orleans, La

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Darkstar, May 10, 2016.

1. nolady

nolady Well-Known Member

Preservation hall is always a good call. I have a special place in my heart for Rock and Bowl. If y'all are going uptown and find yourself on Magazine street, Sucre has been voted as one of the best king cakes in NOLA (though this is highly contested, especially in my house...my husband is a fan of Tastee Donuts king cake which is also really good). I used to go to the Maple Leaf, Howling Wolf, and The Circle Bar back in the day when I was a little punk, but I haven't been out there in a while. I did recently get to the Ace Hotel for a yoga fest and I love that place.

deltadon, Nathaniel D. and Storf like this.
  2. wynn72

wynn72 Well-Known Member

Euclid and LmF are both in my opinion worth checking out too. LMF better for new and local stuff while Euclid has a much more vintage record shop feel with a good used selection and turntables to listen on.

nolady and Storf like this.
  3. Storf

Storf Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thank you!!!!!

4. The_Stoned_Ape

The_Stoned_Ape Well-Known Member

Go to Domino Sound for local stuff. Go to Euclid for an insane selection. If you need a ride anywhere hmu. I’ll dm you my number. Would love to buy you a drink.

Nathaniel D. and nolady like this.
  5. EmeryRK

EmeryRK Well-Known Member

So, the Saints won. And for the LA guys and girls playing the home game...

This came out today:

DDF23B3E-A418-450B-BE11-CA09DAB4CCC4.jpeg

6. Storf

Storf Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thank y'all for your recommendations btw. I feel like I'll need a month to recover from 3 days in your fine city.

7. girlnevergoesout

girlnevergoesout Well-Known Member

Last year we searched high and low in Lake Charles for this and couldn’t find it. We must start again!

deltadon and Nathaniel D. like this.
  8. EmeryRK

It’s everywhere here in Slidell. I’ve seen it in 4 stores. I’m not one for ice cream that much but, It’s even more delicious than last year.

2C121313-54EA-4C3F-9BED-84F50F25F8F7.gif

9. EmeryRK

What’s wrong with Roger Goodell? He knew. Now he is just claiming “We’re all human and played, judged and called by humans?” How does that justify? Take responsibility.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Nathaniel D. and deltadon like this.
  10. The_Stoned_Ape

The_Stoned_Ape Well-Known Member

@EmeryRK @nolady @teee @deltadon @Enaz Fox @Heath

Cool show alert!

I'm sure y'all have seen me mention the Music Box Village. One of a kind venue, outdoor musical structures, mad max meets alice in wonderland vibe (if not look it up).

Well, Spring schedule was just announced and they got 2 that I think are really fuckin' cool.

First is Damo Suzuki & Quintron on April 28th. If you don't know who Damo is, he is the frontman for legendary Kraut-Rock pioneers Can. And Quintron is a local musical wizard who is to hard to explain. Music Boxes existence has a lot to do with his work.

And secondly we got Ghost Note doing what they are calling 'The Junkyard Jam'. Absolutely killer band featuring members of Snarky Puppy. Also will feature MonoNeon & some Special Guests. Get ready to dance at this one. They always go out of their way with the Special Guests too.

mail.png