Official Dec 2018 RHH ROTM: Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III

Discussion in 'Vinyl Me, Please Info' started by Fleetwood-Matt, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Critter

Critter Well-Known Member

Yeah my OCD has been bugging the heck out of me...

2. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

no one can just edit them together they have to merged (voted on)

Darin Star Boogie likes this.
  3. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

a quarter of a way through this, it sounds very dated to me

Nathaniel D. and NathanRicaud like this.
  4. WMEugene

WMEugene Well-Known Member

Side A is the bangerz. Side B is the smooth side. Side C and D don’t have quite as defined personalities, but contain notable highlights. Keep going!

5. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

I found it pretty boring to be honest, I liked Chester Watson better (which I spun just before)

6. NathanRicaud

NathanRicaud Well-Known Member

I understand where you’re coming from! I think a lot of people would feel that this album sounds dated in some way, especially with tracks like Get Money, Home Phone & 3 Peat.

I think the album still sounds fresh though and I think the variety of the album, particularly from a production point of view, helps make the album still sound pretty fresh.

I have a feeling you might find the next hip-hop ROTM outdated in its sound too Enoch - even though it’s also considered a classic hip-hop album like Tha Carter III by Lil Wayne. The production on this Rap/Hip-Hop ROTM is very ‘late 90’s hip-hop’, bit like how Ruff Ryders’ sound was also obviously post Biggie/2Pac late 90’s hip-hop sound - a sound that is a bit ghetto hood twerk bling kinda hip-hop.

I definitely have a feeling you won’t be impressed with the music on January’s Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM now, thinking about it. It’s making me giggle again knowing you’ll soon listening to songs like “Back That Azz Up”, especially with your priest-position like past professional job :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ever since Rico Nasty, it’s been good boy gone bad (for you Enoch) :giggle::p:sneaky:

Kinda sexy, rebellious and naughty and a bit against the grain if you ask me ;)

7. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

I was going to say Tha Carter III had a 90's sound to it but I am not knowledgeable enough to know if that is true or not

ThePakoBuelna and NathanRicaud like this.
  8. NathanRicaud

NathanRicaud Well-Known Member

The record is definitely outdated/hasn’t aged well in sound for you if you think Tha Carter III has a 90’s sound to it. I don’t think Tha Carter III has a 90’s sound but I can understand why you think it does. For me, the album is definitely post 2007/Kanye West ‘Graduation’ era.

I’m happy you’ve listened to the album though and have given your thoughts on it :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  9. WMEugene

WMEugene Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is so clearly 2007/2008 to me, but helps that I was in my mid-20s then and up on the current scene back then. But I get that it is certainly different from what’s in style right now.

10. Kinetic

Kinetic Well-Known Member

A Milli is the jam. Srsly the rest of this album is forgettable to me. That's why I have the 12" and play that out.

Plus, when this came out I was dating a Nigerian girl, so, you know that shit got quoted a lot!

11. Radiodead

Radiodead Well-Known Member

“Get Money” definitely sounds of it’s time. But a lot of the deeper cuts are still super fresh to me. “Let the Beat Build” is a short list Wayne track. “Dr. Carter” is a clever structural experimentation that works. And the R&B tracks have definitely aged better than they have any right to.

Can’t forget “A Milli” a grade A classic.

12. Wicked Dreamer

Wicked Dreamer Well-Known Member

I like the eyes, but goddamn they’re creepy...

image.jpg
    i seeee yoooouuu...

13. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

14. eatdogs

eatdogs Well-Known Member

15. Jmcg85

Jmcg85 Well-Known Member

Anyone else still waiting on their December bundle? I still haven't got my Carter III :cry::cry::cry:

Darin Star Boogie likes this.
  16. Darin Star Boogie

Darin Star Boogie Well-Known Member

Damn, did you get tracking? I know @JoeMac7 just got his December package this week so perhaps some are still on the way...?

ThePakoBuelna, Jmcg85 and JoeMac7 like this.
  17. JoeMac7

JoeMac7 Well-Known Member

Yeah we're both in Ireland so we've been wondering where our packages were the last few weeks in the Ireland thread.

Left US on 10th Dec and arrived in Ireland on 2nd Jan, took another 5 days to be delivered. I think @Jmcg85 said his left US on 8th and no update on tracking to say in Ireland. I think at this stage it has to be considered lost and CS should be sending him out a replacement.

stickying pudding DHL, they are unbelievably frustrating!

18. Jmcg85

Jmcg85 Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining Joe. Yeah it's really frustrating. I contacted customer service on Tuesday and got a mail to say reply in 4 business days. Heard nothing yet so waiting to hear from VMP on Monday. So frustrating. I had 3 albums in the package ;-( haven't heard of anyone else still waiting

19. JoeMac7

JoeMac7 Well-Known Member

Yeah i suppose monday is technically 4 working days. Whatever you do don't send in a new e-mail, their system will knock you back to the bottom of the queue, as ridiculous as it sounds. The CS are great, they'll send you out replacements I'm sure, it just seems that since Josh left that their just not adequately staffed to deal with a mistake/rush of enquiries never mind usual working stuff like leave and sickness.

20. Jmcg85

Jmcg85 Well-Known Member

Yeah to be fair the VMP CS is excellent. I'm not at the point of complaining i mean things happen beyond their control. I'm just really eager as I've been looking forward to spinning Carter III. Thanks for the info on the way the system works that's good to know