*Official* December Store Thread

Discussion in 'Vinyl Me, Please Info' started by vinylmeplease, Dec 4, 2018.

1. djxfactor511

djxfactor511 Well-Known Member

Bummer. :(

2. gafacaode

gafacaode Well-Known Member

When the shipping methods changed I placed an order to test the tracking info on a curated title. No issues, got a tracking number (full tracking to my door) and it flew under the radar of customs.
    I placed a second order on January 2nd, no shipping notification and it still shows as shipping pending on my orders page.
    I received it today, only this time there was a receipt informing the customs duties were going to be collected from the sender (USD$48). The record was worth 25. This situation is unsustainable, the new shipping method for curated titles with the full price invoices will make it impossible for VMP (they can't fork over the duty taxes on all curated items) and for the customers.
    If I had bought the same album from Amazon, it would have cost 51 dollars shipping and customs taxes included (Amazon charges the duties upfront), compared to the 71 dollars total on VMP.

EDIT: Just to add that an imported LP here goes for 69 dollars, a domestic LP goes for 34

3. wynn72

wynn72 Well-Known Member

On my order page, this months records are now grouped together and marked as "shipped" with tracking number and Empress Of is included again. So your theory was likely right about not showing up because of how long ago the order was.

4. Selaws

Selaws Well-Known Member

Im a bit out of the loop here. I have heard that people have been charged import fees recently and have, luckily, avoided any charges myself. Is this something that VMP should be picking up? Or are we to pay the fees our self should we be subject to them?

5. djdavedk

djdavedk Well-Known Member

That King Crimson box looks nice, but once again it is overpriced. I’m just not seeing the incentive to pay more and get it later.

6. indiemisanthrope

indiemisanthrope Well-Known Member

No one ever promised that "member pricing" would be good, I guess.

7. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

Curated titles are shipped within a few days and separated from the other AotMs and exclusives now.

8. djdavedk

djdavedk Well-Known Member

9. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

you pay them, but then email in to info@ and they credit you the amount

10. Enoch

Enoch Well-Known Member

same

Darin Star Boogie likes this.
  11. gafacaode

I really don't think that they will be able to keep up with that much longer.
    Imagine if all international packages were taxed and everyone requested refunds. It is not viable.
    My December package had a whole lot of issues with customs and they did refund me on the fines and extra expenses caused by a Saddle Creek mistake but they did not refund the "regular" import taxes.

I had been refunded a couple of times I had to pay custom duties (2 or 3, I've been member since 2015) but it appears that refunding import taxes should not be considered a given.

12. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

That's the first I've heard of them not covering import duties. But I can't say I'm surprised with this new system. Between the jacked up prices on standard curated store releases, and this new shipping system that seems to maximize possible duty payments, the "member" store is is a decidedly unfriendly place these days.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  13. gafacaode

Curated items: Jacked up prices, gray market versions (alleged), unreliable shipping/tracking, customs...

I'm sticking with the sclusies from now on.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the December box had big sticker saying DUTIABLE ITEMS, come on!

14. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

If it goes like this every time, I think it's the end for us internationals.

15. Bluecloud777

Bluecloud777 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for informing the forum about that. It's quite worrying. I probably need to cut down on buying curated albums unless there's something I really really want and can't get elsewhere for a similar price until those custom fee problems for Internationals are worked on.

16. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

That's some serious troll shit right there...

17. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

On the other hand, the last record I bought from VMP was Toulouse on Dec 1st (not counting the 3 tracks) and the last curated records were David Axelrod and Moldy Peaches on Aug 8th (not counting the last Thanksgiving sale). There is nothing for me in the store tomorrow, I am hoping for the two records from the Blue Note Tone Poet serie to appear in the store this month or next but my expectations aren't very high.

18. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

I'm afraid you're right. :(

Zakattak, DeadwaxDude, turbo and 3 others like this.
  19. Mather

Mather Well-Known Member

I know the Jan store isn't up yet but are we expecting any exclusives to drop today?

20. Skalap

Skalap Well-Known Member

I would like to know too :)