*Official* November Store Thread (Updated 11/12)

Discussion in 'Vinyl Me, Please Info' started by vinylmeplease, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. vinylmeplease

vinylmeplease Administrator Staff Member

Same as always --> availability/pricing is subject to change.

SHOP HERE: http://app.vinylmeplease.com

STORE INFO HERE: NOVEMBER CURATED PICKS STORE SHEET
    • This sheet is live & connected to our internal store sheet. It will automatically update as changes are made
    • Unless stated differently in the below spreadsheet - drop date is when the album will be available in the store and we will stick to the 12PM EST/ 10AM MST / 9AM PST time frame.
    Exclusives will be posted in the Vinyl Me, Please Exclusives Announcement Thread

11/12 update: read this https://forum.vinylmeplease.com/ind...e-thread-updated-11-8.9989/page-9#post-690838

GANG OF YOUTHS: https://forum.vinylmeplease.com/ind...thread-updated-11-12.9989/page-24#post-691540

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 1:58 PM
  2. twentytwo

twentytwo Well-Known Member

So nothing curated other than the 7th?

goodoohuru and Juiceless like this.
  3. vinylmeplease

Correct. The sheet will automatically update as titles/dropdates are determined.

It will be the same sheet every month, so it may be worth bookmarking the page.

4. mcherry

mcherry Spam Slayer ☠️ & Moderator Extraordinaire

Probably need their store person to come back and update? I see one on the 21st.

5. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

It's all good in da hood!

6. ChristoBee

ChristoBee Well-Known Member

How do we know the spreadsheet is updated ? Will there be an announcement ? Or do we monitor the page on our own ? What's the point of it if you cannot project beyond the next drop ?

7. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Just so I understand the new system, the store sheet will have curated titles, and the exclusives will be announced basically as they drop via the thread? In other words, no more advanced notice really for exclusives like before? This may have been explained elsewhere, I know RSR, but I've been swamped at work and just want to understand the deal. Thanks.

8. wokeupnew

wokeupnew Well-Known Member

It's kinda nuts that a company of VMP's size would use something like an informal Gdoc sheet for announcements. I understand that the business of dealing with announce/drop dates, shipping, pricing, delays in production etc, make it hard to have more formal announcements but still.

9. vinylmeplease

This is doc was created to give the forum members visibility / sneak peeks as to what's coming next. Formal announcements (with product photos and all the goodies) are announced via traditional marketing/announcement channels as they go live to the public.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  10. vinylmeplease

We’re in the midst of shifting procedures (how we order and fulfill curated picks) and that’s why things are moving slower. This is mostly stuff you won’t see on your side, more so internal operations. But that’s the reasoning behind the delay in announcing drop dates for November.

11. DJSJ

DJSJ Well-Known Member

But you literally just said it will be periodiclly updated, the only things listed now(with one exception) are things that dropped YESTERDAY. Are we actually seeing anything coming up?

All is see is less notice and less notice, honestly considering saying f it and only getting my tracks from now on.

12. Storf

Storf Well-Known Member Staff Member

We'll be announcing some in advance still. As you can tell by the most recent post in the thread.

13. lee newman

lee newman Well-Known Member

But this doesn’t support the narrative of oh my god everything sucks!

14. Bluecloud777

Bluecloud777 Well-Known Member

I can say from my experience that I buy a lot more curated titles when I know about them longer in advance and have enough time to check out the artists/ or albums in case of reissues or stuff already out there.

I understand things go slower this month due to internal changes, but I hope that we can get back to the spreadsheet for all the months curated titles afterwards versus just revealing them shortly before they appear in store.

15. mcherry

I think with the store person out, we just have to wait for the updates and see how this will play out. It’ll likely be how the spreadsheet has worked in the past. The move to the spreadsheet seems to be permanent and I’m hopeful that we’ll get more timely spreadsheet updates once this thing gets rolling.

16. Storf

Storf Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yes, this is the intention.

The truth is is that we're going to be adding curated picks on a more rolling basis (i.e. less of a weekly cadence, and more of a "this is out and dope and we like it" cadence; though we'll still send the weekly store email (which is how we communicate what's in the store with everyone else in the club)) while Exclusives--as noted in the Exclusives thread and the Important Store Update thread--are still going to be given dedicated drop dates based on pre-order and announcement dates (we're going to drop these in the thread as soon as we can announce/have assets to do so). We are separating these two things because 1. No one on staff has time to update the thread day-by-day, and 2. People asked for a dedicated Exclusive thread (a majority, too).

The spreadsheet is the middle ground we're extending to you, the Forumites: we'll be updating it as we confirm drop dates for Curated picks, so you guys can peak at what's coming and when. The person who's maintaining the spreadsheet--which is linked to a sheet she maintains already--says she should have next week's Curated drops sewn up by end of day today.

I know change is scary, and change is hard, but remember, before we got here, the store orders literally used to be fulfilled on a Google Doc. And the store used to crash every month. We also used to drop everything on a single day, too. Change is the only constant in life, friends.

17. twentytwo

twentytwo Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying Storf. VMP does an excellent job and this forum is a great place even if we are a little pushy.

upload_2018-11-8_15-14-27.jpeg

18. captainfog

captainfog A Prince Among Men And Moderators

Looks like from the spreadsheet that most things are a few days prior to release so it's giving you some advance warning. This doesn't look like a list that will be shared elsewhere so it means we're getting an opportunity to steal a march on everyone else, bit seeing as they aren't exclusives you can buy them anywhere anyway so if you listen, like and they are sold out then you'll be able to buy it elsewhere for a similar price.

I liked having lots of advance warning, but real time store updates from VMPs own store spreadsheet is a pretty neat alternative. Leaving it a bit later also means we're more likely to have correct release info as they'll have the records in their hands.

19. mdmost

mdmost Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

alspriet, dabble, Enaz Fox and 13 others like this.
  20. mcherry

Remember being in high school when that movie came out? lol Everyone came to school quoting that movie. It was huge.