Pi 3 and HiFiBerry DAC+ streamer

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by JoeMac7, Jun 24, 2018.

1. JoeMac7

JoeMac7 Well-Known Member

2F64B544-39C8-47F1-870B-F2E6011D9B4C.jpeg

So testing the waters here.

I’m thinking of selling this streamer and upgrading to one I make from newer parts.

I know when I first joined loads of people passed comment on this so I hope there is some interest in it.

It’s a great machine and well outperforms what it cost to make. It will ship with the latest version of Volumio on a 16GB San Disk Ultra microSD card, an official Pi Power Supply (with all the clip on plugs so it should work worldwide) and I’ll throw in a flat profile Ethernet cable.

As well as Volumio the HiFiBerry/Pi combination is also compatible with OSMC/Kodi, rune audio, Max2Play, roonlabs and I’m sure countless others.

The parts cost me about €110 and I invested a significant amount of time in researching these and trialing different software until I fixed on Volumio so while I’m open to offers I don’t want to be loosing much money on it.

Shipping will be in addition to any offer and I will confirm the cost of this before finalising the deal.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    displayname likes this.
  2. JoeMac7

Yeah they are, I’ve repositioned mine so want to go upto the pi3+ [for the AC Wifi] and while I’m at i thought I might as well get the DAC+ Pro. If I could recoup some of the money by selling this on it’d be great. Plus I’m a bit evangelical about these and would be delighted to get another member in the club :)

3. JoeMac7

It’s as much for asthetics as function. Where it used to be the Ethernet cable ran from out of the side directly underneath my turntable. In its new position it’s in the open and that doesn’t look so good. A dongle would be equally obtrusive. Plus I like the idea of the DAC+ Pro having a reclocker. Well that and I’d already ordered the new one before you posted about the dongle :confused:

4. JoeMac7

A little bump for this!!

The new one has arrived and is in situ and I’ve got the new sd card and power supply ready to go with this so if anyone wants it is ready to ship ASAP.

I’m open to a sensible offer and p&p is buyers responsibility. Happy to ship anywhere in the world as the power supply is universal and comes with loads of worldwide attachments.